It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing GOP opposition, Senate leaders postpone vote to overhaul Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Under Obamacare a 64 year old guy making 26,000 a year pays 1700 a year

Under this bill in 2026 hell pay 6500

That's why this bill sucks.

Plus 22 million will be kicked off.

The 2026 estimate assumes that the 64 year-old will want one of today's Cadillac plans, complete with the mandatory maternity. The reality will be more like $4,800 a year.

The $1700 a year he pays now is with Taxpayers covering most of his $9,000 ObamaCare premium. Maybe taxpayers want to continue doing that? I don't know.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Since Republicans and Democrats are unwilling to reform America's medical system, the only option left is to FIX ObamaCare. Start by throwing an additional $1 Trillion a year at it....seriously! That would prevent thousands of people from dying next year, needlessly. A terrorist attack is the least of our worries if ObamaCare finishes it's crash and burn this year.

Your right here, I often wonder why they let the medical industry run amuck.

I imagine its the same old bribery scam. Lobbyists of the medical industry bribing the politicians.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Willtell
Under Obamacare a 64 year old guy making 26,000 a year pays 1700 a year

Under this bill in 2026 hell pay 6500

That's why this bill sucks.

Plus 22 million will be kicked off.

The 2026 estimate assumes that the 64 year-old will want one of today's Cadillac plans, complete with the mandatory maternity. The reality will be more like $4,800 a year.

The $1700 a year he pays now is with Taxpayers covering most of his $9,000 ObamaCare premium. Maybe taxpayers want to continue doing that? I don't know.

Of course its a subsidy, that's the point of the program. Nobody wants a policy that is worthless.

The GOP are basically killing the subsidy's. Their trying to shrink puzzle pieces to fit where they don't belong. Your right though there's no getting around paying for this.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well, there goes any hope that they'd try to reach across the aisle. They've just accused the Democrats, who they're not even trying to include in the debate, of wanting Americans to "stay on a bus" that's "going off a cliff."

Republicans on the other hand are "trying to save Americans."

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpy

Instead they will be fined by the insurance companies when they actually need it. I'm not sure if many people saw it, but on Monday an amendment was added to the bill that stated if a person goes without insurance for 63 days then they must wait another six months before they are eligible to enroll in insurance again. Of course I'm sure those people will then be fined for not having insurance for those six months.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Well, there goes any hope that they'd try to reach across the aisle. They've just accused the Democrats, who they're not even trying to include in the debate, of wanting Americans to "stay on a bus" that's "going off a cliff."

Republicans on the other hand are "trying to save Americans."

Democrats have been pleading with the Republicans for them to reach out and work with them on this bill, but they continue to stand away from them with their fingers in their ears accusing them of not wanting to work together all while they craft this legislation in complete secret.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Skorpy

Instead they will be fined by the insurance companies when they actually need it. I'm not sure if many people saw it, but on Monday an amendment was added to the bill that stated if a person goes without insurance for 63 days then they must wait another six months before they are eligible to enroll in insurance again. Of course I'm sure those people will then be fined for not having insurance for those six months.

I feel like any conservative who defends this bill either hasn't read it or was insincere about their complaints about Obamacare.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Congress, D or R, don't want anything better than Obamacare because then that is a whole platform they cannot gather more votes with.

It's all a game to them.

Do Congressmen use Obamacare by the way, or is their Healthcare covered by the Taxpayer?

What do these people do all day? It should be a mandate that both the House and Senate should have to keep time logs of their activities on a weekly and monthly basis, with a Year over Year synopsis of what they have accomplished or should I say not accomplished. These time logs should be posted on their individual websites.

IMO - they need some micro management until they can get their shift together.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

They have never had any intention of passing any of this. Its pure political theater. They "try". It fails with out a single Democrat vote. Then they say we tried, but failed and its all the Democrats fault again that your getting raped by your health insurance company and only have 30 hour work weeks and your insurance is worthless because you have a $6000 deductible per year. Its all a big, beautiful lie and its masterful. They keep their promise by "trying" to repeal and replace it but avoid the downside of being responsible for anything. Give it another few years and even Democrats will be begging to repeal this pile of crap.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't think that it's any secret that the GOP is looking forward to 18 and they don't want to have this BS tagging their campaign. Rock...Hard place

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Trumpamania

Oh I think they had every intention of passing it, or at least McConnell does. The problem is that the path to being a law is like threading a needle while driving down a cobbled road with the worlds stiffest suspension. It's not impossible, but its bloody difficult.

McConnell needs to appease two drastically different conservative ideologies within his own party where concessions to one upsets the other and vice-versa. Then he needs to make sure they are all in alignment so at most 2 defect (Pence is already ready to tie-break) because they, the Republicans, have no intention of including the Democrats on these negotiations. This is all made possible by something called a Reconciliation bill (which is basically a tax bill) which only needs a simple majority vote to pass, but if the bill contains stuff that doesn't apply to taxes it has to be removed or the bill has to be voted on with normal passing procedures (this is why a full repeal is out of the question by the way).
edit on 27-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

That is why i agree with what Trump said. Just let Obama care fail. Do nothing and let the democrats see what they unleashed upon the nation.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

That is why i agree with what Trump said. Just let Obama care fail. Do nothing and let the democrats see what they unleashed upon the nation.

History shows that Trump will own the results of his decision to replace Obamacare or let it fail. As the sitting president takes the blame for unpopular health care decisions regardless. It should be noted that Trump could easily push legislation that would fix the bill and there is a lot of evidence showing that the Republicans are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy with the bill failing by letting it fail and claiming that as evidence of its instability. Letting the bill fail will not work our for Trump in the long run. I promise you.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Well to be fair, the Dem's are not even willing to talk about it and work on it with them. So both sides are screwing over the people as usual.

We really need to vote these people out in 2018. Email them, Call them, get a list of demands and present it to them. and threaten to vote them out if not met. Campaign needs to happen fast. The people need to quit blaming each other. It's obvious the so called leaders don't give a damn about us.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It would be so easy to fix with a little research.

Nobody wants compulsory insurance and penalties.
Everyone want's to help those with catastrophic illness, birth defects, accident or disease.
Everyone who is able to afford health insurance, wants to know that pre-existing conditions like Cancer are covered without penalties.
Everyone want's to keep health insurance and medical care costs down.

Should be easy to do.

Oh yeah and nobody likes crybabies...saying I'm not paying for your healthcare because your a lazy scum. I dare any of those peeps to try working a day or week in my shoes and see how lazy you really think I am and how long I've been in the work force paying taxes and health insurance.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy

Well to be fair, the Dem's are not even willing to talk about it and work on it with them. So both sides are screwing over the people as usual.

This is a straight up untrue. The Dems have been asking for the Republicans to include them in the discussions since day 1. The difference though is that the Dems want the Republicans to come together and fix Obamacare together. The Republicans just don't want to have anything to do with the Democrats and want to replace Obamacare with their own bill (which is a monstrosity and SUPER evil to the American public).

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

What legislation could Trump just magically push through that would fix ObamaCare? It's a cluster to the nth magnitude.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

100% True.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trumpamania

What legislation could Trump just magically push through that would fix ObamaCare? It's a cluster to the nth magnitude.

This is a loaded question if I ever saw it. There is no existing legislation to fix Obamacare, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't be written or anything. Believe it or not, traditionally, the government worked to fix flawed but well meaning laws not scrap them and try to write their own version when the political sides flipped.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Didn't the Dems have their turn already? I remember you got to vote on it before you can see it.

You are a still defending our leaders. You need to quit worrying about both sides of the coin. Neither side gives a damn about you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join