It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans learn to live with — and adapt to — terror attacks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
(post by Therisnospoon removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightGoddess

Imagine that...

One would think that after WWII Europe would grasp the concept that appeasement never works.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: draoicht

They were goverment run organisations nothing big happens without big coordination up top.it all happened to fullfill there needs.9/11planes immigrant pilots flying with amazing accuracy at 500mph coordinaed perfectly.(bull****).max cruising speed for them planes was 300mph at that altitude...they can barely blow up a brussels train station without killing themselves lol

(post by Therisnospoon removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I will resist my first reflex to just be rude.

The europeans have ALWAYS had more terrorism to deal with.
There are a lot small and very different countries here, all next to each other, who go through all kinds of different political and social conflicts and upheavals at different times.

They've lived with terrorism (and war) on their soil for longer than you've alive.

Besides, the terrorist attacks are not getting more numerous!

You just have a government that has become more of a Fear society in it's ways of controlling and manipulating the masses, and uses the media to do so.
edit on 26-6-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy
Are you starting to see the picture yet? That's always been the plan. Make the peasants scared and helpless so that they DEMAND a strong leader with unlimited power. The Roman "Enemy at the Gates" strategy. Turn the Republic into an Empire!

Hitler had his "communists" burning the Reichstag, the Vatican had their "heretical sects" practicing witchcraft, NATO had their Gladio network of fascists pretending to be commies, Putin had his apartment bombings, need I go on?

Quick, let's give up our rights and freedoms for security! Didn't America have a quote about that..?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Let a few more million muslims into Europe and see how many infidels will die.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

You're telling me nothing new, honestly. A nebulous external threat that can be convincingly portrayed as existential is the best friend of politicians trying to grab more power.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Simply put, you are NOT allowed to defend yourself in the UK, that is the job of the police, to that end, most fire arms are banned, even carrying a box cutter in public can get you in hot water, free speech is a thing of the past, and with bookface and the rest using algorithms to censor posts, there is not much hope.
Plus the UK has people like the mayor of London saying "terrorism? get used to it", and the next day when Muslims are mowed down out side a mosque, "terrorism must be defeated" just what are UK citizens supposed to do ?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
I think the thing is that Americans tend to forget that most of Europe has been experiencing terrorism (on and off) for decades. It's nothing new on this side of the pond. Italy (Red Brigades); France (Algerian nationalists); Spain (ETA); UK and Ireland (IRA); that's just off the top of my head.

Suddenly, America has a terrorist problem and so it all seems new and different because they're noticing it for the first time. It's really not new at all, and in fact terrorism is depressingly familiar to most of us. Perhaps it's a bit of a shock here in the UK, for the millennials, especially those born after the Good Friday Agreement (1998), but I can't claim to know the answer to that as I'm from Gen X.

America has had a terrorist problem, nothing new, the whole world has for centuries. The frequency of attacks has increased world wide, and in the UK. I like reading post though as if terror attacks are ok and the norm in the great UK, yes, nothing like murder with your fish n chips at lunch lol. Pfffft

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The endgame is approaching fast!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The end game is here. Tolerance has hit a new peak in this modern world today. Bring on the drones.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed

(and hence clamorous to be led to safety)

by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins,

all of them imaginary."

H. L. Mencken

The "Islamic Extremists" are the Hobgoblins of our time.

Our Politicians are are the real danger.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Simply put, you are NOT allowed to defend yourself in the UK, that is the job of the police, to that end, most fire arms are banned, even carrying a box cutter in public can get you in hot water, free speech is a thing of the past, and with bookface and the rest using algorithms to censor posts, there is not much hope.
Plus the UK has people like the mayor of London saying "terrorism? get used to it", and the next day when Muslims are mowed down out side a mosque, "terrorism must be defeated" just what are UK citizens supposed to do ?

This article made me want to cry for my own Country the UK. It's become a sad state of affairs when your own Leadership you voted in to take care of things, stands against you. Winston Churchill would have called the people in the House of Lords Insane mental escapees invading their own lands for allowing this.
edit on 27-6-2017 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Europeans have no choice in the matter ; Europe is in for a rude awakening .

For decades Europe has financed and supported terrorism and to this day the European Parliament building have many terrorists wondering it's corridors .

They have been told many times that the terrorists will eventually turn on them .

Britain is a different story .

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Europeans are losing it, their losing control of themselves along with their next generation of children. Lost to this? It's looking real bad right now for Europe.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

a prime example of real man who uses aggression and violence to solve everything

hahahaha

great definition of a "real man"

mankinds defining attribute is our ability to use logic and reason to solve our problems , not violence

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I've heard from friends in Northern Ireland who were involved in "the troubles" that things might kick off again between Ireland and the UK due to tensions rising and various factors involving brexit etc and if that happens then Islamic terrorism will take back seat to our homegrown terror.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join