It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans learn to live with — and adapt to — terror attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

PARIS: The jihadis' targets in Europe are depressingly repetitive: the Brussels metro, the Champs-Elysees in Paris (twice), tourist-filled bridges in London (twice) and a UK rock concert. And that's just the past few months.

The steady stream of attacks on centers of daily life have drawn pledges from Europeans not to let terrorists change how they live, but in ways large and small they already have.

There is a heightened awareness and quicker reactions, especially in the hardest-hit countries of France, Britain and Belgium, that would have seemed unthinkable just a few years ago.

In Brussels on Tuesday, a 36-year-old Moroccan man shouting "Allahu akbar!" set off a bomb among subway commuters. The bomb didn't detonate in full and.contd

Europeans learn to live with — and adapt to — terror attacks

I don't think Europeans should have to put up with this day in day out. They need backbone, something they've been lacking for far too long. What do you think? Should they just give up and toss their arms in the air, or do you think they deserve to question why their Gov't and the UN has more control over their lives akin to a toddler?

Is Europe becoming a Nanny State or is it already there?

also found here. www.nytimes.com...

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yeah I wonder how Russians would 'adapt' to the constant threat of muslim attacks. Would it be 'part and parcel of living in a big city'?

I don't think so

How about Koreans? Polish? Mexicans? Brazilians?

Would everyone on the planet be as pathetically gutless as the general population in Western Europe?

Highly unlikely

What I find funny is, these pathetic people are all happy to outlaw nazism (because of hate and intolerance) but yet they won't outlaw Islam , even though it's FAAAAAAAR more supremacist, hateful and intolerant than nazism or the kkk,

Why outlaw one and not another. Why tolerate one and not the other? Islam IS supremacist, it IS intolerant. Why allow it at all?
edit on 25 6 2017 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Yeah I wonder how Russians would 'adapt' to the constant threat of muslim attacks. Would it be 'part and parcel of living in a big city'?

I don't think so

How about Koreans? Polish? Mexicans? Brazilians?

Would everyone on the planet be as pathetically gutless as the general population in Western Europe?

Highly unlikely

You do realize Russia has been attacked as well.

www.independent.co.uk...

link   

originally posted by: MidnightGoddess
I don't think Europeans should have to put up with this day in day out. They need backbone, something they've been lacking for far too long. What do you think? Should they just give up and toss their arms in the air, or do you think they deserve to question why their Gov't and the UN has more control over their lives akin to a toddler?

I don't understand the logic of this criticism. If they are being attacked by terrorists, why should they be angry at anybody except the terrorists? I don't think they should have to put up with it either, but it is the terrorists, not the UN, who are putting them in that situation.
They are showing backbone by continuing with their daily lives, while keeping their eyes open, instead of staying in their homes quivering with fear.
This isn't really new. For years Britain was being obliged to "live with" attacks from the IRA, and stubbornly held through.

edit on 25-6-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

link   
Poppycock...

Niether America or our UK Friends will stand for this.

We need to embolden moderate Muslims.

We need to kill the Jihad psychos...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
They could come to the UK we've been used to it for decades with the the US supported attacks sponsored from there, see it and it don't look right then report it especially at a train station, unlike the US people today who paid for many murders in the UK the moment anyone could possibly ever be a risk suddenly needs the state to step up.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

There's great logic in this. Can't you see it?

The people have allowed their own Government to infiltrate people who are Jihads, they know it and everyone else knows it. They can pretend they don't know what the people are talking about, but it's become more than obvious what's going on behind the scenes.

If you can't see it, you need to read The Art of War.

It's going to take a lot more than mere backbone for Europe to take back it's Country. These days, silly people think back bone is putting up with the problem. Back bone used to be dealing with the problem head on without cowering before an enemy invader.
edit on 25-6-2017 by MidnightGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Do you honestly believe that there isn't a concentrated effort to bring in these 'refugees'? That these 'terrorists' are simply deciding to just migrate to these countries en masse with no help and no assistance?

Hmmm, somewhere I remember reading about these 'refugees' arriving with new western clothes, cell phones and western money. I wish I could find that magical fairy to give me stuff like that.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

So you agree with the article. What would you propose in a case like this? What should be done in your opinion?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Wow, for some reason your reply just seems so ... dishonest. Like propaganda.

'Hey, don't look behind the curtain at who is actually bringing and organizing these hordes of people into your countries'. 'Don't hold the elected officials responsible. The officials who could stop this invasion within a week.
'Instead get mad. Get mad at these invaders'.

I wonder what happens when we travel down that path?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightGoddess

Man, ive started carrying a blade for just such occasions.... im not the bloke to go to syria or iraq and cause mayhem but if you try shir in my city and im there,.. i will fight back and given the opportunity i will flay you before the law gets to serve your "justice".. i beg youre one of those dumb twonks looking to break into flats ans cause mayhem. I'll torture you for weeks before rubbing you in pig grease and turning your corpse into the authorities.

#ing terrorist scum.

link   
Whats the UK to do?

Round all muslims up and put them into camps?

Run around like scared cowards?

All we can do is get on with our lifes.

We already voted out of EU to stop free movement.

link   
a reply to: ClovenSky
I think you've already replied to my post once. How many replies do you need?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

You're a prime example of a real Man Aeshma! I seriously hope there's more you because we're going to need them!
edit on 25-6-2017 by MidnightGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: ClovenSky
I think you've already replied to my post once. How many replies do you need?

Probably a few more if you don't mind.

I haven't had to pick my jaw up off of the floor in a while. Sorry for my naivete. I will try and numb up to the pain faster.

Do you honestly believe that these 'immigrants' aren't being helped at all by those within the UN? Or helped by the NGOs and Soro's foundations?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I will not tolerate violence against the innocent, if you so choose to be a soldier of "god" how ever misleaded you may be. I will show you the darkness, no light will find you when i am through.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Because the so called Moderates are not all that moderate. Most Muslims around the world hold negative views of Westerners and Western culture .. not a small small minority.

5% of American Muslims have favorable views of Al Qaeda, and 27% would not give an opinion, and while it's my opinion I think the most likely reason why is because they have a favorable view and won't say it.

13% flat out say terrorist attacks can be justified. 13%. That is not a small small number. Only 78% will say they can't be, which leaves 9% did not say either way ... which to me says they think it can be justified. That means 22% refuse to outright admit terrorism is wrong. Then we have how many more who won't admit it and think it.

Support for suicide terrorism among Muslim Americans is similarly rare: 78% believe that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets to defend Islam from its enemies can never be justified, and another 5% say these types of attacks are rarely justified. Fewer than one-in-ten American Muslims say that suicide bombing is sometimes (7%) or often (1%) justified.

www.pewforum.org...
www.pewresearch.org...
edit on 25-6-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

I think there are times when the People need to step up themselves and deal with the problem only they have to live with. Questioning why it's happening is the first step to figuring out who is responsible for it and it goes beyond just a bunch of jihadis who snuck over the border. This is an inside job.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The jihadis' targets in Europe are depressingly repetitive: the Brussels metro, the Champs-Elysees in Paris (twice), tourist-filled bridges in London (twice) and a UK rock concert. And that's just the past few months.

Oh yah, Now minimize and downplay the terror juggernaut.

Does anyone know how many 'ordinary' traffic fatalities occur in Europe on a daily basis?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Have fun w that.

Maybe one day you'll get your balls back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join