It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops. More bad news for pot heads

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: Flesh699
As a trucker, which would you rather have on the road? Pot smokers or drunk people?

I mean, it's really a no brainer. Where's your thread about alcohol?

Neither.

Your main drug concern with OTRT should be meth and you know it!

You know what's going on when you see the Esclades and Hummers cruzing around the Loves and Little America.

Good point. I find it hard to separate the general subject of drugs into individual substances. The article addressed Pot, I forwarded it. Mary Jane is symptomatic of the overall subject of drugs, legal or otherwise. That makes me anti-drug, in general. Most would already agree Meth is bad news so pushing the view that it IS bad news isn't particularly valuable, IMO.

My thread, my call.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

This link, seems to me, is an almost inevitable result and difficult to argue against.

Your Link? Indeed, indeed. Ibtimes. Bad. Very. Bad. News?

Who wouldn't come to the inevitable conclusion, that it offers entertainment value only? I knew that before even clicking the clickbait, how awesome is that?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
Complete at total hogwash. People are more prone to drive under the influence of weed because cops don't have a breathalyzer for it...really. That's what stops drunks from doing it?

I'm not going to argue the fact that smoking while driving is just plain stupid. Like drinking and driving. And of course accidents will increase because now more stupid people can get their hands on the god given plant and make even more stupid choices.

To put weed on such a bad light because of a 3% rise in accidents is completely ludicrous and a waste of money for proving the inevitable.

The benefits of making this plant legal out weighs by # tonnes.

Your first para says hogwash. Yet you say you won't argue the fact against smoking and driving. 3%? What percentile do you think smoke and drive? Or mix drugs while driving? Likely that 3% is a fairly accurate percentile of those that do 'smoke and drive'.

I have, in fact mixed a doobie and booze....ONCE, many decades back, and to this day, I cannot remember driving that 30 miles.

I say hogwash because it is. Waste of tax payers money to pay someone to look at numbers and give a conclusion to elaborate what they want the data to say.

Weed makes you high. It hinders your ability to do simple tasks so a 3% rise because of legal weed makes absolute sense. Now they are only looking at accidents. They don't know weeds involved they just take the time frame of when it was legal and saw accidents rising. It could be a number of factors that could be causing this.

Complete waste of time and money and that's why it's hogwash.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I have my medical card, I do not smoke and drive EVER. I Will not drive at least for two hours after smoking. Pot has been a game changer for me, after not smoking it for well over 15 years (I use to smoke illegally years ago) my pain management doctor suggested I get a card...I did and started using it as I would medicine. Now I will say it does not so much help with my pain as it does with my depression. Sorry man, but drinking is FAR WORSE and causes far more deaths, both on and off the road. People need to know, they cant smoke and drive, it is DUI.

Funny thing for me is I concentrate MUCH better after smoking. Also if you were to have a conversation with me 5 min after I smoked you would not even think for a second I was high. I don't really get "high" like you would if you smoked. My body is used to it now.

With that being said, I live in So Cali, and take the 5 to the 14 freeway to work, about 30 miles each way....TWICE this week alone TRUCKS have almost run me off the road when I HAD THE RIGHT OF WAY.....Also many truckers drive on little sleep which is just as BAD as being high or drunk!!!

edit on 22-6-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

This link, seems to me, is an almost inevitable result and difficult to argue against.

You will make the attempt, however:

Nice attempt to shut down discussion trucker. Deride opposing positions even before they are posted.
But how about this simplistic reply.

Drinking and driving is illegal. Fact
Smoking and driving is illegal. Fact.

It is the law breakers that cause the problems you are concerned about.

No, the thought didn't even cross. I KNEW full well that there would be response. More humorous a comment than anything else....

Yes, both are illegal. I stress that point in this thread. I dislike mind-altering drugs and the overall effect on our society. Simple. I am a quasi-activist in that regard.

Here's another thought. The active ingredient stays in the blood stream for 4 weeks after usage. One 'could' become 'involved' in serious accident, end up blood tested and found to be legally impaired even when that high is long gone. No insurance coverage, potential criminal charges.

Ouch.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The way the law is written in my state it doesnt specify what you are driving under the influence of. Its insane because there are millions of people who cannot so much as leave their house without taking an antidepressant l, beta blocker, cough medicine or some medication. Practically everyone drives under the influence of something. Even if its caffeine.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I thought it was illegal to drink or do drugs and drive.
I agree, that it's not save to have any level of impairment on the road. But the problem lies with the driver who would break the law, not the utility which caused the impairment. Beer is still legal, and driving while drinking it is bad. be sure your anger is placed correctly.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Why should you or the goverment have the right to decide what people put into there bodies?

If they take pot and drive, sure throw the the law book at them.

But if they are in the privacy in there own home then people like you should keep the # away.

Not to mention those that use it for medical reasons.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
To sum this up quick.......I have never in my life heard of "Medical Alcohol" But I sure as hell have heard of medical marijuana ( Cannabis ) that has helped thousands if not millions world wide. Israel leads the way in this research, have since the 70's. And at last look, alcohol does not just grow out of the ground and is not known to grow on every continent except The Arctic . Alcohol is manmade, Cannabis is nature made. I myself will take nature over man every damn time. I'm in the slow process of dying from ALS...if not for the Cannabis, I would be in a hurt locker, because the pharmaceuticals don't do squat to relieve anything. reply to: nwtrucker

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I loved to do just a little pot on closed tracks. Drifts like a fcking charme, this whole policy is absolute nonsense. Every IPhone slave has more issues that your slightly stoned, but still focused driver.
That's actually a no-brainer as well and part of the deal by now. Here in Germany they don't even sue you anymore when the THC level is low enough for officials to see, that you didn't have any within the last 12 hours. Just happened to a friend of mine, who said that the police officer himself was embarrassingly annoyed about the whole ordeal. How funny is that?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Flesh699
As a trucker, which would you rather have on the road? Pot smokers or drunk people?

I mean, it's really a no brainer. Where's your thread about alcohol?

Neither.

Then why complain about what FREE and CONSENTING adults do with their resources, in their home, with their body, in their home?

I couldn't care less what 'free and consenting adults do in their own homes'. What you omit is free and consenting adult do NOT only do or influence in their own homes.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

I loved to do just a little pot on closed tracks. Drifts like a fcking charme, this whole policy is absolute nonsense. Every IPhone slave has more issues that your slightly stoned, but still focused driver.
That's actually a no-brainer as well and part of the deal by now. Here in Germany they don't even sue you anymore when the THC level is low enough for officials to see, that you didn't have any within the last 12 hours. Just happened to a friend of mine, who said that the police officer himself was embarrassingly annoyed about the whole ordeal. How funny is that?

Yep. I have zero use for text addicts on the road either....

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
To sum this up quick.......I have never in my life heard of "Medical Alcohol" But I sure as hell have heard of medical marijuana ( Cannabis ) that has helped thousands if not millions world wide. Israel leads the way in this research, have since the 70's. And at last look, alcohol does not just grow out of the ground and is not known to grow on every continent except The Arctic . Alcohol is manmade, Cannabis is nature made. I myself will take nature over man every damn time. I'm in the slow process of dying from ALS...if not for the Cannabis, I would be in a hurt locker, because the pharmaceuticals don't do squat to relieve anything. reply to: nwtrucker

Well, let me let you know, there was a time when a 'shot' of alcohol for 'medical purposes' was a well entrenched social comment.

edit on 22-6-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Why should you or the goverment have the right to decide what people put into there bodies?

But if they are in the privacy in there own home then people like you should keep the # away.

As I've posted, pot is only one of the drugs being pushed on our society and I, for one, see it's overall negative effects. I don't like or support any of them. I don't particularly like the 'illegality' aspects of it, either. The problem I have with legalizing pot and eventually others to even perhaps a carte blanche 'all drug are now legal' is big pharma and their license to create even more addictive compounds, clean up even more, financially. Then create a drug to get one off of the drug one is addicted to.

The only answer I can come up with that negates both is education. Don't do freaking drugs.

edit on 22-6-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

So, what no comment on the fact that I was almost run off the road twice this week by trucks when I HAD THE RIGHT OF WAY??? That was just this week....Also I said many truckers drive on very little sleep which is just as bad as being high or drunk and that is a FACT!!

To the person who brought up texting and driving I do not do that either, nor do I talk on the phone and drive. But man I see it all of the time, people swerving while texting, jerking their cars back into their own lane, its ridiculous!!! For all we know the numbers increased in Colorado because more people are using phones and driving....there is no PROOF 3% increase had much at all to do with pot being legal.

edit on 22-6-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2017 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Biking in the city is so dangerous by now, that you already need some doping just to survive this madness. You've got to actually read their fcking minds, precognitive riding or the dieway.

edit on 22-6-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

if in an accident and it is proven one is 'impaired' your insurance is null and void.

I put myself in the Hospital due to a DUI in 2011, and my insurance covered my deductible for my health insurance. That was PIP though, and I did not have coverage for the car, it was old as # anyways.

Does this only apply for collision coverage?? Because I know my PIP was still in effect.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

In fact, the reverse is what concerns me. Gov't enforced drugs. Parents threatened with 'child endangerment' for refusing to allow their children to be drugged by their school officials. In one case, children removed from their parents for failure to drug their kids. Enforced drugging. Feeding big pharma...that scares me even more than the obvious flaws of the so-called war on drugs.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

As a trucker, I have a problem with legalized pot. Not merely yet another drug even more widely consumed, rather the cocktail effect with the plethora of other legal and illegal substances.

Frankly, it's tough enough out there. This link, seems to me, is an almost inevitable result and difficult to argue against.

You will make the attempt, however:

www.ibtimes.com...

A 2percent increase is on the line of error.

Do you think there is a difference of people admitting use when it is a felony.

Don't worry trucking and autos will be self driving soon and then you will have nothing to complain about.

It also seems to be decreasing opioid use and those accidents. I wonder what the offset is.

Surely the insurance industry is looking for a justified rate hike as well.
edit on 22-6-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join