It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time I'm going on a gay date.......do I kiss him?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
He is bi and he's never been on a date with a guy before and neither have I. I really like him. We met off of tinder and we've been texting each other for about 2 weeks now.I am 25 and he is 22. So my question is....

1) Should I kiss him at the end of the date? To be honest, I'd rather shake his hand in the beginning of the date and the end of the date give him a hug. The second date I would kiss him. Is that a good plan?!

2) Who pays for the check? I think I should since I asked him out!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 5letters

I applaud your chivalry. Id say see how date goes. Hand shake is fair. I never kissed on first dates unless i was out to get laid sorry just being honest. I think hug woukd be appropriate, but i say follow your gut.

Sorry on my tablet this evening.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Start with a handshake, if it feels right, go to a hug.

While hugging, a light kiss on the neck might not be too far to go.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Nobody knows the future, nor how things may, or may not work out.

Play it by ear, and feel the energy, to see how it resonates with your soul.

Always be honest, when dealing with newerish people.

And smile: because you truly shine when you smile!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Have you kissed on first dates before? This one should really be no different.

As for paying, I think you are right there . . . whoever asked the other out should pay (and maybe switch up after that?).

But I don't think it's right going in with a plan. I think you should just see where the fates take you. If there is a kiss, then there is . . . if there ain't, then there ain't.

Either way, good luck and have fun.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Sure give him a kiss. I'm kinda sorta bi.....no big deal.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

This is nice

I have next to nothing to add to others saying "go by the gut feeling". If you feel like kissing, i think you should act accordingly and vice versa.

But i say that seems like you are excited about the date and it's details. That says it means something to you. If the other guy can and will resonate to that, i think this has the potential to be a very successful date regardless of kissing action happening or not.

Have a good time!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

This is nice

I have next to nothing to add to others saying "go by the gut feeling". If you feel like kissing, i think you should act accordingly and vice versa.

But i say that seems like you are excited about the date and it's details. That says it means something to you. If the other guy can and will resonate to that, i think this has the potential to be a very successful date regardless of kissing action happening or not.

Have a good time!

Good advice.

Have fun. Be safe.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I don't mean to frighten you, but dating apps are extremely risky. Some commonsense rules.

1. Never give them your real address or place of work.
2. Always make sure your first couple of dates includes you being at very public place, with a group of your friends is preferable.
3. Never drink anything that they hand to you, even if it is supposed to be just water.
4. Avoid alcoholic drinks even if from a bar, unless you know and trust the bar tender. We have had cases were the bartenders were working with the perps to assist in drug facilitated assaults.
5. Make sure someone you trust knows were you are going, make sure they have as much information on the person you are dating as possible and make sure the person you are going to date, knows that someone knows about him and that they expect you back at at certain time.
6. Make sure your phone is fully charged.
7. Take lots of pictures an make sure that they post instantly.

2 weeks is a short period of time. I have had victims that were groomed for as long as six months.

Remember anyone can claim to be anyone on the internet.

I recently had a victim that vetted the guy. He was supposed to be a well known and upstanding pillar of the community. On their third date he drugged and raped her. Turns out he had been doing this to women he met on Tinder for a long time, but he knew how to pick them because they were all too embarrassed to have spoken up on their own.

Be diligent. Be safe. Some of these guys are pros. They know exactly what they are doing. They are masters of their craft.

edit on 12-6-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I don't mean to frighten you, but dating apps are extremely risky. Some commonsense rules.

2. Always make sure your first couple of dates includes you being a very public place, with a group of your friends is preferable.
3. Never drink anything that they hand to you, even if it is supposed to be just water.
4. Avoid alcoholic drinks even if from a bar, unless you know and trust the bar tender. We have had cases were the bartenders were working with the perps to assist in drug facilitated assaults.
5. Make sure someone you trust knows were you are going, make sure they have as much information on the person you are dating as possible and make sure the person you are going to date, knows that someone knows about him and that they expect you back at at certain time.
2 weeks is a short period of time. I have gad victims that were groomed for as long as six months.

I recently had a victim that vetted the guy. He was supposed to be a well known and upstanding pillar of the community. On their third date he drugged and raped her. Turns out he had been doing this to women he met on Tinder for a long time, but he knew how to pick them because they were all too embarrassed to have spoken up on their own.

Be diligent. Be safe. Some of these guys are pros. They know exactly what they are doing. They are maters of their craft.
j

Thanks mom.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Now that's some very solid advice 👍🏼... thanks for taking the time to post those warnings.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

2. Always make sure your first couple of dates includes you being at very public place, with a group of your friends is preferable.

2 weeks is a short period of time. I have had victims that were groomed for as long as six months.

Be diligent. Be safe. Some of these guys are pros. They know exactly what they are doing. They are masters of their craft.

Knock! Knock!
Who's there? Is it giddy potential romance?

No: it's 2017 calling! Wake-up, and put a time-locked belt and pants on!!

(Brought to you by: Park-it, Don't sell it.)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

I am one of those few people that have a job that I pray that I never have to be called to do.

If I can save one person from being abused or assaulted, that is one less person that becomes a victim.

They do call me the Mama Bear. I can be a bit fierce when it comes to my patients.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I was joking.

Meant no disrespect. It was good advice.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973
I took no offense. You were right. I am a Mama Bear.

80% of my patients so far this year, were victims of assault related to either a dating app of some other form of social media.

I can't stress enough to young people just how potentially dangerous the internet can be.

Of course, young folk never want to listen to what us old folk have to say, they all think that it could never happen to them; until it does.

(post by odinsway removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

So I think no. Don't pervert nature; date a woman.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
yeah theres always one....

Sigh

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Just go with your gut as others have said. You can read a person quick the older I get.a reply to: Lowdog

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join