It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabian Football Team Accused of Disrespecting Minutes Silence for Terror Attack Victims

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: seentoomuch
If they had observed the moment many Islamists would've considered them "bad Muslims" which means attacking them, their family, their friends would be fair game.

The only "muslims" who would have found fault with them not respecting those murdered by Daesh are those who support Daesh. Period.

And the only people who would have found fault with them not respecting other cultures and traditions are fascist bigots.

I almost agree, I would add that they're either cowards or they support Daesh.

STM

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

And yet we still thought it was a good idea to sell them $110 billion worth of weapons less than a month ago.

L

O

L

Thanks Trump!

On topic: I believe the team should be disqualified from the tournament altogether. This is a HUGE sign of disrespect in my opinion and shows that they have absolutely no "sportsmanship" on the world stage.
edit on 6/8/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just to put it in Proportion......

Of the 8 Killed the other day in London, by these Islam murderers....2 were Young Australian Women!!, 2 were French and one was Canadian.

One young woman was from the State that this soccer game was played.

So you now understand the anger......

Soccer is considered a World Game, and watched Worldwide......certainly this was a message to the World.

And the Saudis/Islam cult, failed again.

But I do agree, the "West" should Not be involved in Middle Eastern affairs, and other than trading oil, keep the Hell out of the place.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
How dare they ? They should know by now that a western life is worth at least 50 non white/western lives !! After all Jesus is white !

And who cares if no one in the west ever respected not even 1 second of silence for all the deaths in the middle-east !

Disgusting Arabs !

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

what a stupid comment, there has been plenty of respect shown for those killed, injured and displaced in the Middle East, and wtf are you banging on about jesus for? I stated very clearly in my OP that I don't care for any religion and no one has suggested that non white/western lives are more important..good grief there are plenty of non white western people, your post is just divisive and frankly quite ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

My stepfather is Muslim and an avid soccer player to boot..he would of sh#t on these a'holes for their disrespect.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xenon129
This isn't the first time Muslims disrespected the moment of silence. Back in 2015 Turkish soccer fans chanted "Allah Akbar" during a moment of silence for the Pairs victims.

Durpy durp. Stop spreading fake news.
What you posted didn't have anything to do with them being Muslims but rather the fact that in 2015 Turkey was hit by a wave of terrorist attacks and no one gave a # about it. Why pay respects when no one gives a # about you ? Has there ever been a minute of silence in France or anywhere in the western world for the victims of terror in Turkey, Afghanistan, Iraq ? That's a rhetorical question.
Of course there hasn't.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
From what I understand their culture doesnt do minutes silences. They prey, offer gifts and do things similar to that. They look at minutes silences as strange. Perhaps the Football fed didnt advise them of it ?

AS much as I hate Saudi, I dont think they'd opening snub something like that.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Bunch of Wahhabi loving (insert derogatory expletive here). I am not surprised by this move. Why don't people wake up and stop dealing with Saudi Arabia. Personally I can't wait till oil runs out and the middle east goes back to being a worthless desert.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
Well it's been a long held tradition in football, and the Saudi team have been involved for quite some time, so it would be a bit strange if they didn't know

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now
Well it's been a long held tradition in football, and the Saudi team have been involved for quite some time, so it would be a bit strange if they didn't know

Oh they do know, however they keep that Petro Dollar running so they're allowed to do pretty much anything.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

they did a minutes silence for the Brazilian soccer players that died in a plane crash last year.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think the athletes were put in a bad situation. They have families at home, and have to return to face the music if they struck an anti-Jihad pose on TV.

Sorry, but I don't see it as the great big issue like it's being portrayed.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
From what I understand their culture doesnt do minutes silences. They prey, offer gifts and do things similar to that. They look at minutes silences as strange. Perhaps the Football fed didnt advise them of it ?

AS much as I hate Saudi, I dont think they'd opening snub something like that.

Who the F cares if they think it's strange. It's called common courtesy when visiting another culture.

When traveling to different countries you regularly come across customs which are strange to you. You can either be a decent human being and try to go along with it and show some respect, or you can be a complete asshole.

edit on 9-6-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Where were the football hooligans when needed?
Should of stormed the pitch and kicked the heads in of these terrorist sympathisers.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now

I wouldn't have a problem if they were disqualified over this or if teams refused to play them. The upside of course is they'll be utterly defeated and on their way home whatever happens. If they won't even honour the ideals of sportsmanship, they shouldn't be there at all.

Teams aren't responsible for their fans' behaviour; they are responsible for their own.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: xenon129
This isn't the first time Muslims disrespected the moment of silence. Back in 2015 Turkish soccer fans chanted "Allah Akbar" during a moment of silence for the Pairs victims.

Durpy durp. Stop spreading fake news.
What you posted didn't have anything to do with them being Muslims but rather the fact that in 2015 Turkey was hit by a wave of terrorist attacks and no one gave a # about it. Why pay respects when no one gives a # about you ? Has there ever been a minute of silence in France or anywhere in the western world for the victims of terror in Turkey, Afghanistan, Iraq ? That's a rhetorical question.
Of course there hasn't.

Did you give a minute of silence?

If you did, good for you.

I must have missed the memo.

Sorry.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I don't personally see how "moments of silence" actually accomplishes anything other than a feel-good mass participation pat on the back, so I'm rather unmoved either way. I can't run the video (buffering for an eternity) Were they just not "linking" or whatever, and waiting, or were they doing something rude like making a bunch of noise? If they didn't do the latter, at least they were being polite enough to stay quiet if they weren't going to participate, I suppose.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
We sold them arms. Why shouldn't they be joyful?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

They went on to doing the warm ups.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join