It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what would happen if North Korea launched a real attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
a reply to: Liquesence

Here's an excerpt I'd like you to check out. It's a quote from Vice Admiral Syring of the U.S. Missile Defense Agency re. the NK threat:

"The advancements in the last six months have caused great concern to me and others, in the advancement of and demonstration of technology of ballistic missiles from North Korea.

"It is incumbent on us to assume that North Korea today can range the United States with an ICBM carrying a nuclear warhead."

Source

We can't afford to wait any longer.

It is my opinion that the Chinese have arranged with the NK generals to depose Lil' Kim before he does anything really stupid. The new regime will be recognized by the US and China and no geography will change; just the leadership.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The presumption in this thread is that everyone in gov't has simply been ignoring the NK situation. That's not the case. While it would seem an easy answer to just go kick-ass in NK, that would not be a good idea for reasons already presented. He does have nukes. And nuclear materials. And chemical / biological materials. The second his intelligence assets pick-up any move against him, little Kim will unleash everything he has. Remember Fukushima? In addition to the devastation that would be wrought on the peninsula and Japan, you would have that with which to deal. The current idea is to work with the Chinese and other assets to off the little twit and establish a responsible and stable government before we have to deal with that. No one is minimizing the threat to AK or HI. But no one wants to see millions of people killed, millions of people permanently injured, and three countries rendered almost uninhabitable.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

you do realize a lot of american soldiers were killed and injured in pearl harbor attack right? close to 2500 killed around 1200 injured and the loss of millions in navy ships and planes

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
LA, San Fran, no big loss.

The US could take out most of the nork military with out using nukes.
And save the rest of the deep buried sites for the GBU-57A/B Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP)

The US can bomb most of NK back to military stone age.

Unlike other countries the NK has been targeted since the end of the fighting of the Korean war.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

You made some valid points. However, if we sit back and give Kim Jong Un more time to advance NK's weapons, many more will die. Ten times what you mentioned, not only in/near the Korean Peninsula, but elsewhere.

Wasn't there an assassination team in NK that got caught? About a month ago? I was expecting Lil' Kim to launch an attack then.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

LA, San Fran, no big loss.

Except, you know, for the people who actually live there, their families and loved ones around the country, and the surrounding areas.

The US can bomb most of NK back to military stone age.

It can do that to a great many places. Doesn't mean it should.
edit on 8-6-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
The presumption in this thread is that everyone in gov't has simply been ignoring the NK situation. That's not the case. While it would seem an easy answer to just go kick-ass in NK, that would not be a good idea for reasons already presented. He does have nukes. And nuclear materials. And chemical / biological materials. The second his intelligence assets pick-up any move against him, little Kim will unleash everything he has. Remember Fukushima? In addition to the devastation that would be wrought on the peninsula and Japan, you would have that with which to deal. The current idea is to work with the Chinese and other assets to off the little twit and establish a responsible and stable government before we have to deal with that. No one is minimizing the threat to AK or HI. But no one wants to see millions of people killed, millions of people permanently injured, and three countries rendered almost uninhabitable.

My point was never to insinuate that the government is ignoring the situation. My point is that the media is downplaying the potentially catastrophic eventuality if Kim is allowed to go unchecked between now and whenever he decides to move from threats to provocative action.

In the face of my family's safety and lives, I'd sacrifice as many "millions" of Koreans as needed to ensure the security of my own. That may not be a particularly enlightened attitude to vocalize, but it is honest and (I assume) shared by most of humanity where their own families are concerned.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
NK isn't some little united nation that stands on its own, its a cold war relic made by the russians to become a resistance against US in the east. The Kim Jong dynasty is fabricated and since the USSR is no longer, its up to the US, the other player, to clean up this manufactured despotic regime.

If only for the humanitarian issues.

that was a legit place that needs liberation.

And how do you intend to do that? (see how well regime change worked in Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc)

How will it be done without causing total war on the Korean penninsula? (see NK artillery and ground forces ready to lay waste upon being triggered by military action)

Who are you, or anyone else not even of Korean origin to say anything about how things should be over there?

Why isn't the will of the South Korean people being respected here? (see polls on page 1)

How can we as a nation afford another trillion dollar war?

How is getting millions of South Korean's UNNECESSARILY slaughtered a "humanitarian" action? The NK people we'd have to kill to turn the tide, how is that a "humanitarian" action?

In terms of keeping NK calm, how do you ignore the fact that US meddling there is what has been keeping NK belligerent? (see article I posted on page 1)

Why not halt military operations there, to get them to freeze their nuclear program, as arranged bu China? (see article I posted on page 1)

By what metric is it in your mind, that SK & Japan can't stand up for themselves (economics, population wise, etc)?

Wouldn't you agree that the entire world including China Russia would be against NK if they committed a major attack unprovoked? (meaning the odds of them doing it just because are absurd)

When NK knows they'd be nuked into oblivion for simply firing one missile at Hawaii, aside from US attacking then what planet of paranoia are you from to insist that they'd do such a thing unprovoked 'just because'? ? (meaning the odds of them doing it just because are absurd)

Are you able to put yourself into their shoes? (imagine if the tables were switched around, it was China over here down in se Mexico in an alternate timeline where we're BITTER enemies with Mexico, and for decades CHina has been down there essentially blockading US all around our coastlines,imposing sanctions on US, belittling US, provoking US with every form of warfare (economic, political, psychological, etc, all the while facing hopeless odds of survival in a drawn out total war)

How would you act if you were them? Would you want your own nukes, so they'd know that if they really followed thru against US we could fire some nukes back (actual consequences)? Would you talk big to show them we're not afraid? Etc. Etc.

[size=5That list of questions is for every one of your armchair warmongers to answer for US.

And add to them: The same MSM that has been on the hotseat with everyone but the most hardcore Hillary supporters, these are the same villains that have sold US into every war probably as long as you reading this have been alive. These days most of US get their game, know their propaganda whores. Why the F would we loathe them on just about anything, but then look at them being the number one propaganda force trying to sell US this NK conflict and turn to each other and say 'of course!'???

PS:
Have you been ever tested for being a sociopath / psychopath? (you might look into that)
edit on 8-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
So,

The article is entirely a "what if,"

Which includes as its source official North Korea State media "KCNA news service" about its supposed capabilities.

Then

There is absolutely no logical reason to sit around waiting for Kim to start WW3 when a simple attack can realistically remove NK entirely from the table of players willing and able to start that war

So...we should go to war...to prevent them from going to war because we think they can?

Exactly
I think we need to slow down and think about this because of what is at stake
If we launch a surprise attack on North Korea, millions will die and we will also be seen as the aggressor from the first strike.
If we do not attack, and they do, millions will die and we will be seen as the defendors.

We have more fire power than they do to ensure the leadership is destroyed

It is more the case though from my opinion that North Korea is acting from a defensive position against the globalist elite
We circled their countries with aircraft carriers and training missions and held a microphone to their leaders ears for every defensive statement they made to be construed as a threat for mass consumption.

I would rather see millions die in the line of defense rather than millions die as being the aggressor.
I have might doubts that North Korea will ever take the first strike though, because we have shown we always take the first strike with the Bankers and MIC do not get their way.

We will then circle Iran after all this is done with our aircraft carriers and planes in order to again provoke a response
Lone Nations are a threat to the Globalist Elite

edit on 8-6-2017 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
How about we dont attack them, and then they wont launch on US?

US rejects China’s proposal to halt North Korea nuclear weapons
Washington has rejected China’s proposal that North Korea could halt its nuclear weapons programme if the United States and South Korea suspended military activities in the region.

How about China stop building military facilities on artificial islands and the US wont perform freedom of navigation exercises near them?

How about Russia withdraw from Crimea and E. Ukraine and the west will remove sanctions?

How about we stop supporting Communist China with trade policies that only benefit the commies and rich Americans?
The next thing you know, these rich elites will want us to go fight China they helped grow.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: burdman30ott6

North Korea won't attack us until we're sufficiently distracted by something major.

Iranian nukes
Massive deployments to the ME
EMP in the US
Massive NBC attack

Something has to happen first to soften us up before fat-girl tries anything direct.

In my opinion.

Not likely
Iraq never attacked us
Libya never attacked us
Iran never attacked us

You want to know who attacked us?
The attackers on 911 all from Saudi Arabia that Obama and now Trump give billion dollar arm sales to.

When there is money to be made, Dictatorships, Communism, Satanism, none of that matters if there is money to be made

Now, helping out our own people in our own country, well, that is blasphemy
Theft, Greed and Murder is OK if done in other countries in our name if it fills your pockets

Load up War Stocks to fatten your wallets but don't you dare touch my dollars to feed others
edit on 8-6-2017 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

Let me put it to you this way:

Let's suppose you have a burglar in your house. He's taking all of your valuables. And then he wants to whack you.

But then he finds his firearm is empty and he starts to load it. What would you do - stop him before he finishes the job or just let him have at it?

The current real world analogy is akin to me going up and down your street with a car load of thugs full of guns, and those guns have your name on them.

I would be calling the cops if that happened

You think North Korea does not think South Korea and the US Military do not have their names on their missiles?

So North Korea makes a defensive statement for internal consumption, as any government should and the warmongers broadcast that to their base to chew it up - brilliant

The real evil people are the globalists that want to kill everyone and all countries that do not consent to their plans

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
And how do you intend to do that? (see how well regime change worked in Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc)

Cant compare the two
iraq/syria/libya = tribal muslim
NK = atheist and perhaps some underground buddhism. wildly different cultures.

How will it be done without causing total war on the Korean penninsula? (see NK artillery and ground forces ready to lay waste upon being triggered by military action)

Depends. If its total war, then its total war, but it would be quick if China didn't get involved. With the THADD system up, then the missile threat would be neutralized quite a lot.

Who are you, or anyone else not even of Korean origin to say anything about how things should be over there?

I'm a 'murican!
Also I am a student of history.
the US/NK war ended in a armistice that calls the truce. They have violated this with their ballistic tests. Basically...wars back on.

Why isn't the will of the South Korean people being respected here? (see polls on page 1)

Why wasn't France listened to when the allies went to war with Germany? France bent down and surrendered instead of being slaughtered.
Anyone who is near a war wants to avoid it. Its not the US who is causing the issue though. Best we can do is die protecting them as best we can and take out the dictator asap

How can we as a nation afford another trillion dollar war?

Investment. It wouldn't cost nearly that much as this is once again, not the mother@$^&ing middle east...no troglodytes to deal with once the trash is taken out. The end result will be a united korea under western influence..and that, much like Japan, will equal $$$ for both sides.

How is getting millions of South Korean's UNNECESSARILY slaughtered a "humanitarian" action?

The tree of liberty must sometimes be watered etc etc...

Why not halt military operations there, to get them to freeze their nuclear program, as arranged bu China? (see article I posted on page 1)

Why not just leave and on the way out, ask them to stop being dictators bent on conquoring south korea and anniliation of japan..that should work in my rosy ass colored world.
Sure mate.

By what metric is it in your mind, that SK & Japan can't stand up for themselves (economics, population wise, etc)?

They have no military! They...wow...you being serious now?
I dont think you are, but your arguments are far more for communist sympathisers in china than western influence.
But I know thats just coincidence.
Or perhaps not. a lot of fringe left hyper progressive commies in need of a bullet lately..you might be all down with that movement...comrade.

Wouldn't you agree that the entire world including China Russia would be against NK if they committed a major attack unprovoked?

Oh I imagine the unprovoked thing would be complete and utter domination of the south..then China might condemn their action, then of course a poll will come out showing 99.7% happiness with the north being in control..also their internet went down.

Are you able to put yourself into their shoes?

We were in their shoes actually
and in 1776 we had enough and overthrew the british...and we are better for it.

Why the F would we loathe them on just about anything, but then look at them being the number one propaganda force trying to sell US this NK conflict and turn to each other and say 'of course!'???

I don't know man. go ask a conservative. I am a lefty libertarian / classic liberal. Also, I don't watch the news. I get my info online from a variety of sources...and again, history (armistice)

Have you been ever tested for being a sociopath / psychopath? (you might look into that)

Never found a reason
You ever been questioned as a communist agent? (they might look into that)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001
How about we stop supporting Communist China with trade policies that only benefit the commies and rich Americans?
The next thing you know, these rich elites will want us to go fight China they helped grow.

I get what your saying
on the other hand, my smart phone is super cheap compared to the tech in it and what it would cost...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I get what your saying
on the other hand, my smart phone is super cheap compared to the tech in it and what it would cost...

You mean it would cost your wallet supporting Americans when you can get it for cheap
Actually, it has been shown most things have not been cheaper for consumers
The gains went to shareholders and execs
Inequality has grown from globalism because the gains went to the top, not to everyone else

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I get what your saying

You mean it would cost your wallet supporting Americans when you can get it for cheap
Actually, it has been shown most things have not been cheaper for consumers
The gains went to shareholders and execs
Inequality has grown from globalism because the gains went to the top, not to everyone else

The top being western civilization
You are basically bitching that China isn't looking out for chinese citizens.
Thing is, although they get paid dirt, everything cost dirt..so it semi balances out.

Its rich you are discussing on the internet, on a computer, how unfair this is. Its like complaining on a airplane how airplanes are horrible.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Horrible analogy.

It's more like your neighbor says he is going to come to your house and harm you, does that give you the right to go to his house and harm him first?

No, it doesn't work that way.

If aliens would exist and live on some planet not too far away that would be like the neighbour, who has a completely seperate house. Earth is like one big house and each country has a room in it. True; NK isn't in the US's room so that would be what makes it horrible, but it's in the same house. If we had spaceships and each went their seperate way it would be more like different houses, but right now we have to share this same planet.

I see it more like the gun control issue; one side wants people to be able to own guns, the other side doesn't want people to own guns. Evil people might own guns and use it for evil, good people might own guns to defend themselves against bad people. It's very difficult to say who is good and who is evil (as in: to judge a character before that person has actually done something evil, innocent until proven guilty), sure easy to say NK is an evil dictatorship but look at the middle east - those people needed dictators to keep society peaceful. They didn't have anything better and they won't have for some time. The whole revolutions and developments which took place in the west allows democracy to work and we consider that good and everything else evil in various degrees. But some societies are just not ready for freedom they could be made ready but then other countries would need to intervene. And that's not going to work; NK needs to change from the inside for lasting change, not one that needs to be enforced for decades or even centuries before people have changed.
edit on 9-6-2017 by CoolBuzz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join