It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what would happen if North Korea launched a real attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
nypost.com... zergnet_1711972

President Trump would have “maybe 10 minutes” to decide whether to launch a retaliatory strike against North Korea — should it ever fire a missile that’s capable of reaching the US mainland, experts say.

OK, OK... that wasn't the part of this article that caught my eye. It was the following:

While experts insist that North Korea is still not capable of launching a missile that could reach the United States, the communist nation on Monday claimed it could.

Its state-run KCNA news service alleged that it now has the ability to send a “large-size heavy nuclear warhead” across the Pacific following its test of a Hwasong-12 missile over the weekend.

But Kim Dong-yub, professor at South Korea’s Kyungnam University, told local media that they’d be lucky to reach Alaska or Hawaii, at best.

SCREW YOU TOO, MAN! What the devil is this narrative now? Media attempting to minimize the threat by treating Hawaii and Alaska as if we're just a couple of throw away land masses that don't really qualify as North Korea posing a direct threat of attack against the US?

It goes on...

If they did have the capability of hitting US targets, though, Wright and Schiller predict that things could get out of hand — and fast.

While Wright believes an intercontinental ballistic missile fired from the Hermit Kingdom would take a little over a half-hour to reach San Francisco, Schiller said he believes one could strike Seattle or Los Angeles less than 30 minutes after launch.

The article literally just stated that the current "experts" admit a hit on Hawaii or Alaska, but "US targets" is within the realm of possibility, yet here we are once again speaking in metaphoricals and focusing on mainland US to keep people from getting uppity.

As someone who lives near a large military base which sits closest to North Korea of any US city (3,600 miles), I've had very little patience with the US' handling of that threatening little midget in Pyongyang. Now that we're up to the point where their missile capacity is very much reasonably able to hit Anchorage, Alaska with better probability than any other US target, I can't help but feel we are in the crosshairs up here. It is past diplomacy time, past talking time, past standing around with a thumb up the ass time and is now time for the US to remove the threat in Pyongyang with great aggression. There is absolutely no logical reason to sit around waiting for Kim to start WW3 when a simple attack can realistically remove NK entirely from the table of players willing and able to start that war.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
How about we dont attack them, and then they wont launch on US?

US rejects China’s proposal to halt North Korea nuclear weapons
Washington has rejected China’s proposal that North Korea could halt its nuclear weapons programme if the United States and South Korea suspended military activities in the region.

edit on 7-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
An attack on Hawaii triggered US entry into WW2--when it wasn't even a state--and now it's being not-so-subtly suggested that the place is an acceptable loss?

Just a nuisance. Oahu nuked? Bad day for the tourism industry, but no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Going after our sovereignty by going after our balls.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm with you for most of that, but you clearly underestimate what anyone could do with a "simple attack." There is no such thing. South Korea would be instantly shelled and invaded by an army that is 1.2 million strong, not counting reserves. And these guys are not bumbling clueless Iraqis. They're called "near-peer" forces. You can't just take them out with an airstrike or two. Millions of South Koreans would die. I'm not sure the US wants to be responsible for initiating that. If Anchorage were hit, which seems to be your basic fear here, then sure. But just like Pearl Harbor, that may be necessary to get a move on here. Just thought I'd add that happy thought to brighten your day, though you guys have an excess of daylight this time of year already.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The Left elites dictating dialogue to their minions in the Main Stream Media have deemed you less than American, like the flyover States. How does it feel to be acceptable losses to the Hillary gang?

Added to the Deplorables are now the Expendables.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Let's not forget how we got into this mess - appeasment.. paying money to North Korea in return for them not developing nuclear capability, which they did anyway...obviously.

No more appeasement. It's time to level every single one of their facilities and take out Kim Ding Dong and all his minions.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Wait a minute. Whales could die! Now I'm pissed. They travel around both Hawaii AND Alaska.

Sarcasm aside (though I do like whales), I agree Burdman, the MSM has been downplaying the threat to both of those states. Though I did see the reports recently about Hawaii strengthening their nuclear attack readiness, as if you could really be "ready".

I still mostly believe though that Lil' Kim understands he would die within an hour of any real launch and so would never go through with his threats. The scary thought is that he would willingly sell this capability to terrorists who just love the idea of dying for their god.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
In 2015 only 41% of South Koreans even viewed Fat Little Boy Kim as their "enemy".
www.voanews.com...

And note that wasn't even number that supported trigger total war with NK!!

OH! But 53% of United Statesians want to blow it up!!!!
www.foxnews.com...

Lets go with that number!!!

In South Korea, War Hysteria Is Seen as an American Problem
 So far, however, my stay here has overlapped with the greatest contrast of all: the sharp difference between American and South Korean coverage of North Korea’s nuclear and missile program and the huge perception gap about the situation by US and South Korean citizens.

Shortly before I flew from Washington, DC, to Seoul, a US Navy aircraft-carrier group led by the USS Carl Vinson was ordered to move toward Korean waters. Immediately, the US media started broadcasting dire reports about the possibility of US pre-emptive strikes from these ships on the North’s military facilities. With CNN available on most cable systems here, the alarming news spread far and wide.

The reports were fueled by a steady flow of threatening tweets from President Trump and dire predictions and warnings from his cabinet (led by the oafish secretary of state, Rex Tillerson). Their pronouncements were reinforced by the hawkish and frequently unhinged Korea “experts” who dominate cable television.

For the most part, the US media have been split between lurid speculation about what such a war might look like and gleeful guesswork about whether Trump will send SEAL Team 6 assassination squads to take out Kim Jong-un, the North’s boyish, 33-year-old dictator.

Observers with deep understanding of Korean affairs, such as John Delury, a professor at Seoul’s Yonsei University who recently mapped out a sensible plan for diplomacy with the North in The New York Times, are rarely consulted. And, as is usual with coverage of North Korea, most American reporting lacks any historical context, includes virtually no Korean voices, and is almost universally in favor of the confrontational approach adopted by both Trump and his predecessor, Barack Obama.

As the historian Bruce Cumings pointed out in The Nation last month, the American press assiduously avoids any mention of the horror inflicted on the North by US warplanes during the Korean War, as well as the long history of US military provocations on the peninsula. (His article should be required reading for anybody seeking to understand Kim’s motives; perhaps Chris Hayes, a Nation editor at large, would consider inviting Cumings on his MSNBC show, All In with Chris Hayes, to counter the inflammatory, one-sided discussions on his network.)

Sadly, though, NBC has been the source for the most abysmal stories. On April 13, the network, citing “multiple senior US intelligence officials,” proclaimed that Trump was “prepared to launch a preemptive strike with conventional weapons against North Korea should officials become convinced that North Korea is about to follow through with a nuclear weapons test.”

But the story was widely rebuked as reckless and without foundation. According to South Korea’s Hankyoreh, “reporters covering the South Korean Ministry of National Defense for other US news outlets unanimously dismissed the report as false. South Korean foreign affairs sources bluntly called the report ‘a canard.’” The story was so outlandish that the Trump administration itself was forced to repudiate it, with a National Security Council spokesperson telling ABC the story was “way wrong.”

www.usdebtclock.org...
edit on 7-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
An attack on Hawaii triggered US entry into WW2--when it wasn't even a state--and now it's being not-so-subtly suggested that the place is an acceptable loss?

Just a nuisance. Oahu nuked? Bad day for the tourism industry, but no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Going after our sovereignty by going after our balls.
Well actually they attacked the US Navy, sank many ships and killed our sailors.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
My greatest fear about a (presumably) U.S./China attack on the Norks is that the fat little dwarf will choose to commit mass nuclear suicide rather than let the Chinese get their hands on his nukes.

I could see that scenario leading to the greatest single mass-casualty event in human history.
edit on 7-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
My greatest fear about a (presumably) U.S./China attack on the Norks is that the fat little dwarf will choose to commit mass nuclear suicide rather than let the Chinese get their hands on his nukes.

I could see that scenario leading to the greatest single mass-casualty event in human history.

I get the feeling that is now unavoidable.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So,

The article is entirely a "what if,"

Which includes as its source official North Korea State media "KCNA news service" about its supposed capabilities.

Then

There is absolutely no logical reason to sit around waiting for Kim to start WW3 when a simple attack can realistically remove NK entirely from the table of players willing and able to start that war

So...we should go to war...to prevent them from going to war because we think they can?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hehe you're not even a fly-over state!

To me NK seems like the media scapegoat when it's a slow news day.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I thought you said US targets??? All I saw mention of was LA, San Fran, and Seattle. Those ain't American cities, they all live in their own verse.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

So...we should go to war...to prevent them from going to war because we think they can?

More like... the US should set an example and teach antagonistic little pr1cks a lesson in world superiority.

No... sorry... that's not correct... that's the evil me talking.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I get the feeling that is now unavoidable.

Me too.

Hopefully Trump and Xi will do it quick -- just rip off the band aid.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
I thought you said US targets??? All I saw mention of was LA, San Fran, and Seattle. Those ain't American cities, they all live in their own verse.

Hey! I'm about 45 minutes north of Seattle!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Almost in Canada?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I said that myself. If Lil' Kim feels like he's backed into a corner with nowhere else to go, it's a good possibility he will take all of his people down with him.

Something's got to give. Either take him out of service, so to speak, or launch an attack.

Especially after what he did today.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
So,

The article is entirely a "what if,"

Which includes as its source official North Korea State media "KCNA news service" about its supposed capabilities.

Then

There is absolutely no logical reason to sit around waiting for Kim to start WW3 when a simple attack can realistically remove NK entirely from the table of players willing and able to start that war

Let me put it to you this way:

Let's suppose you have a burglar in your house. He's taking all of your valuables. And then he wants to whack you.

But then he finds his firearm is empty and he starts to load it. What would you do - stop him before he finishes the job or just let him have at it?

I'm not trying to be disrespectful. Please understand that I think it is unwise to give Kim Jong Un anymore time to take us or our allies out. Like one Pastor from Hawaii put it several weeks ago during his sermon (Pastor JD Farag during a prophecy update), he said something like "why wait?" I'm paraphrasing him.

If the threat is real, then why wait for confirmation? Many lives could be lost if we give him anymore time.

edit on 7-6-2017 by dianajune because: forgot something

edit on 7-6-2017 by dianajune because: forgot something

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join