It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East Coasters -- wake up early for a light show in the sky, thanks to NASA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Set your alarms ATS,
the launch window opens up around 330

NASA really will be "cloud seeding" or upper atmosphere spraying?

I really hope this thread sticks to the science facts but this is ATS,
and really hope we can all share and imagine the possibilities...

This should be an amazing sight to behold!

Please be kind and enjoy!

Remember, we ALL make History every day.

Get your cameras ready too!

(CNN)If you live along the Eastern Seaboard and wake up early Sunday,
you could be treated to a colorful sky hours before sunrise.

Blue-green and red clouds could be visible in the predawn sky from New York to North Carolina,
thanks to a NASA rocket due to be launched from Wallops Flight Facility on the eastern shore of Virginia.

The Terrier-Improved Malemute sounding rocket is now scheduled for launch between 4:26 a.m. and 4:41 a.m. ET. And in this case, the rocket launch isn't even the cool part.

Four to five minutes after launch, the rocket is expected to deploy 10 canisters about the size of soft drink cans, each containing a colored vapor that forms artificial, luminescent clouds.

The sounding rocket's payload is tested at the Wallops Flight Facility. The sounding rocket's payload is tested at the Wallops Flight Facility. The clouds, or vapor tracers, are formed "through the interaction of barium, strontium, and cupric-oxide," according to NASA.

www.cnn.com...

www.nasa.gov...< br />

edit on 3-6-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: Grammar

edit on 3-6-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: Qt

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

Chemtrailing.

First!

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Hey whats up with these frigging pearly clouds that hang around in the same frigging spot every god damn evening, this is the first year i have seen these- and i have seen enough of them already, making me paranoid.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Please elaborate

Do you have images?

Is this nuculesr like bush said

Or just heavy metals that refract?

What exactly is this?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Like these, but they do not move around much,,, too little, i am not claiming that this is not a natural thing, but why this spring there are so many and so often... never before... and i watch the skies like a hawk. They are pretty but i do not feel comfortable with them hanging around..

edit on 3-6-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

-one more edit, my paranoia will get worse if the NASA clouds will look like these...
edit on 3-6-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Hey whats up with these frigging pearly clouds that hang around in the same frigging spot every god damn evening, this is the first year i have seen these- and i have seen enough of them already, making me paranoid.

Well, you know CERN started back up in April again, right?

edit on 6/3/2017 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

They've been doing this for years. It's the only way to be able to study the extreme upper atmosphere and see how winds start up there.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They've been doing this for years. It's the only way to be able to study the extreme upper atmosphere and see how winds start up there.

Will this tell us something about how much of climate change is attributable to man, and how much is nature's doing?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm from the hippy generation......gonna be far out man

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Will this tell us something about how much of climate change is attributable to man, and how much is nature's doing?

Cmon; it's fireworks with special chemicals

Fourth of July early

Let's just watch and take pictures

This is REAL

LETS DISCUSS THE ROCKET

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP

originally posted by: carewemust

LETS DISCUSS THE ROCKET

Is it a reusable rocket that splashes down and is recovered by the Navy or Coast Guard?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
hopefully we'll see some really cool photos of it.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I mistakenly replied to your reply instead of the previous thread care
Lo siento

Does anybody remember welcome wagon?

Why is this missle being shot over the e seaboard?

Can you whistle? The sound

edit on 3-6-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: ww

edit on 3-6-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: Whistle please

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

That's all I want too!

Predawn, with the sun refracting too?

Should be some Pink Floyd

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
But this is 90 nm splashdown

Is this nothing to see?

Why here? Why now?

I understand the launch was recebtly delayed...
With that being said, when does NASA ever launch from VA?

Don't be blinded by the light my friends

Set your alarms and watch the NASA feeds

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Ground cameras will be stationed at Wallops and in Duck, North Carolina, to view the vapor tracers. Clear skies are preferred, but not required, at both sites for the launch to occur.

The vapor tracers are formed through the interaction of barium, strontium and cupric-oxide. The tracers will be released at altitudes 96 to 124 miles high and pose absolutely no hazard to residents along the mid-Atlantic coast.

The vapor tracers could be visible from New York to North Carolina and westward to Charlottesville, Virginia. The total flight time for the mission is expected to be about 8 minutes.

The payload will land in the Atlantic Ocean about 90 miles from Wallops Island and will not be recovered.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
They are shooting this "not" recovering rocket almost straight up???

From VA???

Can anyone remember something like this from NASA?

Get your cameras ready and tell your peeps too!

🍿

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Almost all their sounding rockets and even some satellite launches go from Wallops. They've launched from there multiple times in just the last few years. There were several threads about the launches.

In the early years, research at Wallops concentrated on obtaining aerodynamic data at transonic and low supersonic speeds. Between 1959 and 1961, Project Mercury[6] capsules were tested at Wallops in support of NASA's manned space flight program - the Mercury program - before astronauts were launched from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. Some of these tests using the Little Joe booster rocket were designed to flight-qualify components of the spacecraft, including the escape and recovery systems and some of the life support systems. Two rhesus monkeys, Sam and Miss Sam, were sent aloft as pioneers for astronauts; both were recovered safely.

The first payload launched into orbit from Wallops Island was Explorer IX, atop a Scout rocket, on February 15, 1961.[7]

On September 6, 2013, the Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE) was launched from Wallops, atop a Minotaur V rocket. This was the first time that an American lunar mission had been launched from anywhere but Florida.[8]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

They mostly launch sounding rockets, and non space related missions there, but it's not uncommon for rockets to go from there.
edit on 6/3/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
RE: the winds blowing I like to refere to it as the Monica Lewinsky effect.
a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

edit on 6/3/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join