It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey to testify before Senate as soon as next week

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: AnonyMason

You realize...if Comey has proof of obstruction (which he doesnt) he will be guilty of a felony for not reporting it immediately

Or do you just get your info from less than complete sources?

I doubt that the act of Trump "asking" Comey to let the Flynn investigation go, in and of itself, is enough to justify a charge of obstruction of justice. Which is all Comey had to go on at the time.

Now, couple that with Trump firing Comey and going on national tv to tell Lester Holt and the world that he did so because he, (Trump) felt like the Russian probe was fake and shouldn't be investigated and.........Welcome to Obstruction of Justice charges.

Despite how much you'd like to say "I told you so," Comey won't be charged with holding anything back because up until he was fired, no laws were broken that would justify reporting and there was nothing to hold back.
edit on 1-6-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
What's Comey going to say?

Is he going to tell Congress under oath that he sat on evidence of a felony crime involving the POTUS for months until a few days after being fired and called a "nutjob"?

This is another in a long line of turd sandwiches for the get-Trump leftists.

Comey didn't sit on squat because there was nothing to sit on.

I don't think that someone "asking" someone else to find a way to let something go is grounds for obstruction charges.

It wasn't until that plea didn't work and Trump decided to carry it a step further by firing Comey and admitting on tv that he did so to stop the investigation that it became a crime.

I'm betting that Comey won't be charged with squat, but Trump is going down like a turd in a toilet.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

You are not remembering...Comeys memo...remember? Right, there you go.

There was no obstruction, not by Trump anyway...Comey Lynch and Bill? Sure

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yes, I do remember Comey's memos. They're the same ones that Trump supporters have been denying existed, but they're fixing to be brought out next Thursday to bite Trump right in his lying ass.

And no, Bill, Hillary & Lynch have absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand or this investigation into Trump's attempt to obstruct justice.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

From what I have heard there will be an open and then a closed session. Hopefully comey doesn't have any "accidents" before then.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

He is doing an open and closed session.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Look up the letter thattree university of Chicago released. Senior lecturers are considered professors and he was offered tenure, but didn't take it.
edit on 1-6-2017 by conscientiousobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

He only agreed to do the closed session after I had posted.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver

Look up the letter thattree university of Chicago released. Senior lecturers are considered professors and he was offered tenure, but didn't take it.

I wasn't referring to Obama's early career, but since you brought it up...

Obama was never a professor; he was a lecturer. He did not have the qualifications to be a professor. Obama never published a single law paper. He was hired by the University of Chicago when they learned he had been given a book contract on race and law directly after graduating from Harvard. There was no book – just the contract, which he later reneged on.

Obama did not specialize in the Constitution. Obama cared about and taught only one subject: race. One course was about race in the Constitution.

Here's what 'constitutional scholar' Obama really taught at law school

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

Yes, I do remember Comey's memos. They're the same ones that Trump supporters have been denying existed, but they're fixing to be brought out next Thursday to bite Trump right in his lying ass.

And no, Bill, Hillary & Lynch have absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand or this investigation into Trump's attempt to obstruct justice.

You mean the ones he likely wrote after being fired and backdated with help from loyalist in the FBI?
The ones that contradict his statements to the senate? the ones that if he goes through with it he will perjure himself? those memos?
I ftrump tried to obstruct justice he would had went to the FBI guys running the investigation after comey left and had them stop. This is th eleft wanting another watergate scandal to let them rule another 20 years.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: AnonyMason

Publicly you say?

Well I think we all know how that will end:

Comey: Sorry, that information is classified.

He was offered the chance to testify in a closed session to congress, so that he could disclose relevant classified information.

But he turned that down.

Wonder why?

He turned down the "closed" session, because he wants the public to hear what he has to say.

It's going to be fun

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22303496]yuppa

You mean the ones he likely wrote after being fired and backdated with help from loyalist in the FBI?

Nope..He both wrote them immediately after his Trump conversations AND talked through them at the time with a few select colleagues...then officially filed them...he buttoned himself solidly down.

The ones that contradict his statements to the senate?

Not at all...that is right wing fake news.

edit on 2-6-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

LOL

No...there was no "Obstruction" of justice...

There was an "attempt" to "obstruct justice"..

Which is what the "Obstruction of Justice" charge is all about.

If someone successfully "obstructed justice" they would never get charged with "obstruction of justice" because they would have successfully obstructed it.

Comey was asked by the senate if the DOJ had ever successfully shut down an investigation for political purposes.

He accurately answered not in his experience.

That has nothing to do with "Obstruction of Justice" ..

--
Obstruction may consist of any attempt to hinder the discovery, apprehension, conviction or punishment of anyone who has committed a crime
--

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Well what did you mean by phony background? I thought the whole Kenyan thing was done and over with. talking about the Kenyan thing.
All I have to say about that is that the natural born citizen law should be changed anyways. As their are a few qualified immigrants already in this country. Elon Musk and Satya Nadella come to mind and as a country that was once proud to be the American melting pot you would think others would feel the same.

you should check the links that these bloggers cherry pick from

testimonies from professors who reviewed Obama's syllabus.

he was a senior lecturer, which is considered a professor at the prestigious university of Chicago law. He was also offered tenure because of his outstanding teaching skills, but refused as he was pursuing a political career. This is also why he never published any papers. As to avoid any political repercussions.

edit on 2-6-2017 by conscientiousobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Comey falls for russian hoax... costing hillary the election. His credibility is ???

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver

Well what did you mean by phony background? I thought the whole Kenyan thing was done and over with. talking about the Kenyan thing.
All I have to say about that is that the natural born citizen law should be changed anyways. As their are a few qualified immigrants already in this country. Elon Musk and Satya Nadella come to mind and as a country that was once proud to be the American melting pot you would think others would feel the same.

I have never claimed, nor do I think, Obama was born in Kenya.

The requirement that the president be a "natural born citizen" is found in Article II, Sec. 5 of the US Constitution. A constitutional amendment to the Constitution would be required to remove it.

As far as I know, especially given SCOTUS rulings from The Venus (1814) to Bellei (1977), Obama was probably constitutionally eligible to be POTUS, but the "natural born citizen" requirement has never been legally defined.

If NBC was enforced per the historical Vattel definition that was clearly the intent of the Framers -- a birth on US soil to TWO citizen parents, Obama would have been disqualified.

edit on 2-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Liberalism is thievery.

edit on 2-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama has no legacy other than failure.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

No matter how hard you want and wish for this obstruction...I suspect you will looking for a new flame to fan shortly.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No matter how hard you want and wish for this obstruction...I suspect you will looking for a new flame to fan shortly.

Wishes and wants having nothing to with it. I live in reality. The President attempted on multiple occasions to obstruct justice. If he didn't have the highly unusual circumstance of his party being in control of both houses of congress and the DOJ...he would have been impeached by now.

The fact that his own DOJ, DOD, Senate and Congress...all republican..have been forced to open a half-dozen investigations speaks volumes.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

If he didn't have the highly unusual circumstance of his party being in control of both houses of congress and the DOJ...he would have been impeached by now.

I think you mean if the dems had run a better candidate the gop wouldn't be in control of all of the government.

So is comey going to lie now? He already told congress UNDER OATH he was not pressured by anyone in any investigation.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

If he didn't have the highly unusual circumstance of his party being in control of both houses of congress and the DOJ...he would have been impeached by now.

I think you mean if the dems had run a better candidate the gop wouldn't be in control of all of the government.

True dat...HRC moved the needle into a range where influence and fake news could tip it.

So is comey going to lie now? He already told congress UNDER OATH he was not pressured by anyone in any investigation.

Comey is a straight shooter, but YOU...conscience or not (you tell me?)...Just LIED ...right there..

He NEVER said what you claim he did..

Why are you lying about it?

edit on 5-6-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join