It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw data predictes high probabiity of Glaciation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Judging by the Ice core data from Greenland, put into graph form along with the solar maximums and minimums, along with the corresponding wind patterns. Depending on where you live relocation might be advised . At least from 2020 onward. Most of Canada will have snow on the ground all year around , and any where north of Yorkshire in England will be the same. Gobal warming ? not according to this data.

If this data is taken into consideration when taken with its social effects, we might be having the prelude to what has happened in the past during a climate change event, Syria's unrest could just as easily be blamed on the drought conditions, which www.newclimateforpeace.org...
edit on 28-5-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The first graph is the real deal.

Interestingly, I learnt this in the seventies during school lessons. It is not rocket science and while we are deliberately deceived by our governments, nature just moves forward to the inevitable return of the ice.

Winter is coming!

Long, long winter. I hate the damn cold!

P

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I posted this in the other thread but I'll repost it here since it's applicable.

Like you are aware, it appears the sun is heading into a solar minimum.

I'll tell you one thing, the population will be praying for global warming if the temps start dropping. There will be widespread famine with crop yields plummeting.

We've had the coldest spring here in as long as I can remember.

France had widepread frost and lost their grapes, be a bad year for wine production.Source

Frost, Hail Inflict Heavy Vineyard Damage Across France and Italy
Winegrowers from Champagne to Piedmont are fighting freezing temperatures that threaten early spring buds

Source

Global temperatures have dropped 0.5° Celsius in April according to Dr. Ryan Maue. In the Northern Hemisphere they plunged a massive 1°C . As the record 2015/16 El Nino levels off, the global warming hiatus aka “the pause” is back with a vengeance

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

It is dangerous to look at a single winter, they just vary greatly in normal years.

However, add that data to the sunspot data and look at a basic graph of historical climate change and we can plainly see that our future is going to be a holiday on ice.

With 7 Billion human beings on this ball of mud, anything that intervenes with our food production will send many of those billions into death by starvation as crops fail. One bad year we may cope with, two bad years in a row, on a hemisphere wide event, we are toast. Cold toast at that.

P

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I don't recommend worrying too much about this.

If it happens humanity will adapt and survive. We are a surprisingly resilient and creative species despite our flaws.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I absolutely agree, any concern must be directed at personal mitigation of the consequences, all the data suggests that we have a very variable sun, the Coronal holes in the sun have gone from none in 1993, to all over the sun in 2016, the power output with regards to us, is inversely proportional, so be prepared. All this social confusion that we see might just be the start of a natural cycle.
As far as food production by having to use GMO's and high yield crops tend to suggest were approaching a point where it cant be pushed any more,I think one hemisphere crop failure would probably tip us into social chaos.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

If it happens humanity will adapt and survive. We are a surprisingly resilient and creative species despite our flaws.

Agreed. If it comes to that, expect greenhoused fields to rapidly become a thing (I'll bet money on it) And there's an entire planet of crops that can tolerate chillier growing weather otherwise.

Humans adapt quite easily. A change in diet is nothing new, we've had eons to practice that.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Metallicus

Agreed. If it comes to that, expect greenhoused fields to rapidly become a thing (I'll bet money on it) And there's an entire planet of crops that can tolerate chillier growing weather otherwise.

Humans adapt quite easily. A change in diet is nothing new, we've had eons to practice that.
I don't agree. A few years of huge crop failures will result in the starvation of hundreds of millions. You can't just start greenhousing the steppes of Russia and the Canadian Prairies. Crops would fail on a large scale and thats about all there is to it.

Again, not that we can control it, but global cooling is a MUCH larger danger to society than global warming is.

There's a good read from 1973, a CIA publication.
CIA report

edit on 28-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I disagree concepts have been proven and the systems are fairly cheap and easy to design and setup in short time frames here's a good example this company(youtu.be... )sets up 30,000 Sq. Ft. Warehouses with hydroponic systems stacked vertical 30 ft. High that's quiet a lot of food and could be scaled up or down from a closet sized setup at your house to mega factories growing food. if 100 million people starve to death it's nature taking a step in evolution and clearing out the gene pool of those that can't do something as simple as produce their own food with the amount of technology at the majority's fingertips all it would take is being put in the situation you grow your own food or die you would be surprised how quick people could pick up on some of the avaliable ways to grow food at home these days and with the advances in LED growlight technology for 300 bucks you got a light that will cover 7.5x7.5 footprint and only consumes around 300 watt/hr. Now the heating bill if it's always snowy out and you got tons more electrical consumption things would get very dicy but I don't think 100mil starving to death

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

That CIA report Makes for interesting reading especially the bit where it says that the Interglacial never lasts for more than twelve and a half thousand years . Which tends to suggest that the powers that be know that its long past bedtime. They also seem to say that its all to do with the sun. I would think that Antarctica is what this is all about, because the normal state of the Earth is Glaciation with these brief periods of warming boosting things for a brief period. So they are getting organised with permanent self sustaining bases on the Continent. De ja vu? since we are already in an extinction event , with the human race at record numbers when the Sun collapses so do we.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Around 1750-1800 residents around the German Alps were complaining that the growing ice takes away precious land. Back then, some valleys were slowly being covered by ice, the same ice that´s now melting and everyone freaks out about.

I´m am currently scowering search machines to find that documentation, they had the original letters in there and even some valley names. Saw that around 2-3 weeks ago and it was interesting!

Since years I notice that the start of winter in my region shifts slowly towards January. The last five to seven winters, December was extraordinary warm, three years ago, I walked around in a t-shirt at christmas because we had sunshine and +16°C. The first snow fell in January, when 20 years ago, you could bet on snow in November and never loose.

January and February always were the coldest months, now it´s Jan, Feb, March. So although the sheets are melting because there is less snowfall to replenish the ice, we´re getting colder. One thing many do not grasp is that if it´s too cold, there won´t be any new snow on the Alps but in the Summer it melts away, leaving us with less and less ice.

We´re going to see the winter months moving towards summer and mild Nov-Dec weather, like I already noticed over the last decade in my region. That will mess up our food supply, over time. The sudden changes between freezing cold and +10°C weather also takes a strain on the plants and trees.

Just to give an example in front of my nose. The magnolie bush in front of my window is trying to flower buds since December and broke through in April, then we had heavy snowfall in mid April and all buds died off.

TL;DR: We´re heading for an ice age but it´s not that obvious to see. Yet the CIA and the Russians know this for decades.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

That CIA report Makes for interesting reading especially the bit where it says that the Interglacial never lasts for more than twelve and a half thousand years . Which tends to suggest that the powers that be know that its long past bedtime. They also seem to say that its all to do with the sun. I would think that Antarctica is what this is all about, because the normal state of the Earth is Glaciation with these brief periods of warming boosting things for a brief period. So they are getting organised with permanent self sustaining bases on the Continent. De ja vu? since we are already in an extinction event , with the human race at record numbers when the Sun collapses so do we.

well we could always move under ground to live closer to the heat generated from the planets core. Or we will move out into the universe in generational colony ships toward a new star. We do have the tech but it would take something like a ELE to get them to deploy it.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: HaurusTheShaman

Even easier to implement. Send all the office workers home, they can log on to their work servers via secure remote connection. If they really need a place to meet up, go to a coffee shop, or the bosses' houses! Turn the office towers into vertical farms that serve as fresh food banks for city dwellers. Most have all the necessary plumbing and electrical already there. Wouldn't take much to adapt them to aquaponic, and hydroponic farms. Plus more jobs for people! Rural people would for the most part be fine, just put up a greenhouse for the family; get it below the frost line so little to no heating is required. Supplement with solar/wind/hydro powered LED lights in the winter months. The technology is developed, it won't take much to adapt it mainstream if it becomes necessary. Time to buy stock in PVC pipe!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Sorry, but this is utter rubbish. 2017 is so far the 2nd warmest year on record. After 2016 (El Nino year) And it takes thousands of years for ice sheets to grow (all in the northern hemisphere are currently at their lowest extent since at least the Holocene Climatic Optimum ~8.000 years ago) - and that map at the end is based on the maximum ice sheet extent at the last glacial maximum over 25,000 years ago.

The current interglacial has a long time still to run, and whilst declining axial tilt shoud be leading to cooler conditions, especially at high latitudes the reality is that human activities mean the opposite is happening.

But we may see snow on the ground in 2020. If we are lucky ....

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Maybe we had best start building the wall on the north border? Wonder if the Canadians will pay for it?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Sorry, but this is utter rubbish. 2017 is so far the 2nd warmest year on record. After 2016 (El Nino year) And it takes thousands of years for ice sheets to grow (all in the northern hemisphere are currently at their lowest extent since at least the Holocene Climatic Optimum ~8.000 years ago) - and that map at the end is based on the maximum ice sheet extent at the last glacial maximum over 25,000 years ago.

The current interglacial has a long time still to run, and whilst declining axial tilt shoud be leading to cooler conditions, especially at high latitudes the reality is that human activities mean the opposite is happening.

But we may see snow on the ground in 2020. If we are lucky ....

Warmer by one tenth of one degree, well within the plus or minus 5 degrees of latitude allowed for such measurements...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew
It´s not rubbish. 2nd warmes year on record... on record, mind you. You talk about ice sheets, I talk about glaciers in the Alps. Around 300 years ago, residents in the alps complained how (suddenly) the growing ice there takes up precious space for animals in the valleys. Today we complain that those exact glaciers are melting again and it´s because of global warming. That´s true, just like maybe 500 years ago.

You have to think on terms of thousands of years, not the 170 years since we "monitor" climate with thermometers.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HaurusTheShamanNEAT THEORY BUT WHEN YOU START ALL OF A SUDDEN USING EXTRA WATER AND ELECTRICITY THE UTILITIES CALL THE POLICE BECAUSE THEY THINK YOU ARE GROWING SOMETHING ELSE- also if you growing food and start sharing it or selling it the gov steps in and craps on you saying you are not licensed . remember the lady who had vegatable garden in front of her house city stepped in and destroyed it saying that area was for residences not zoned for agriculture, but yes the climate changing in disturbing ways unfortunately the ones in power will figure out a way to use that against us they all ways do.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Sorry, but this is utter rubbish. 2017 is so far the 2nd warmest year on record.
Source? Cause I've seen that April is cold....

Global temperatures have dropped 0.5° Celsius in April according to Dr. Ryan Maue. In the Northern Hemisphere they plunged a massive 1°C . As the record 2015/16 El Nino levels off, the global warming hiatus aka “the pause” is back with a vengeance.
Source

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Another explanation and worth a watch IMO youtu.be...

All I can say is the people of earth better hope we have done enough to stop another ice age from coming... Otherwise there are going to be major, huge, unbelievable upheavals, in the way mankind and their cities exist

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join