It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw data predictes high probabiity of Glaciation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
hey there anonentity,

when a global warming trend was first modeled in the 90's, one thing that those researchers said,THAT EVERYBODY IGNORED[/B], outside of unexpected occurances, ie, huge volcanoes, cosmic impacts, or solar output variability, the current trend in global warming will result in a return to glaciation, for several reasons.
A) Degalciation of Greenland(melting fresh water) will have two impacts, one being only freshwater evaporates from the oceans, adding to the water vapor load in the atmopsphere, and the inflow of freshwater into the northern atlantic affects the north atlantic conveyor bringing warm water to europe.
B) Water vapor in the upper atmoshpere is a parasol gas, it blocks sunlight.

We can adjust for a warmer planet but going back to even alimited ice age would be disasterous for our civ.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Yes, it can be a bit confusing as their was a warming trend up to the solar maximum back in about 1994.Then in reality its been dropping. The high points of the solar maximums, have a declining trend line. Just last year, heavy snow in Greece, and Egypt, the Canals in Venice frozen over. Heavy snow in Vietnam. The food crop failed in Spain , which pushed the price of Vegies up , and left the Supermarkets in Britain scratching for them. It's already started.

edit on 31-5-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

The Canary in the coalmine would be UV readings which seems to be effecting insects. Many farmers are reporting the lack of flies and other pollinators.vv

edit on 31-5-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
hey there anonentity,

when a global warming trend was first modeled in the 90's, one thing that those researchers said,THAT EVERYBODY IGNORED, outside of unexpected occurances, ie, huge volcanoes, cosmic impacts, or solar output variability, the current trend in global warming will result in a return to glaciation, for several reasons.
A) Degalciation of Greenland(melting fresh water) will have two impacts, one being only freshwater evaporates from the oceans, adding to the water vapor load in the atmopsphere, and the inflow of freshwater into the northern atlantic affects the north atlantic conveyor bringing warm water to europe.
B) Water vapor in the upper atmoshpere is a parasol gas, it blocks sunlight.

We can adjust for a warmer planet but going back to even alimited ice age would be disasterous for our civ.

sorry for shouting

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
But, but, but, the wing nuts in the AGW camp have said that Carbon Taxes will save us. What's next, Al Gore hawking sweaters in the next installment of An Inconvenient Truth?

I remember that it was beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Earth was headed for a mini-Ice Age. Fast forward to the mid '90's and early 00's and we are going to fry.

The IPCC needs to meet again to decide what side of the fence they are going to jump to next.

I have said it for decades, the Sun controls our climate destiny, not us. In geological terms we just aren't that important.

Deal with it.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I'm not sure if we'll see this big a shift by 2020, but we are in a trough between periods of glaciation. It can only get icier from here.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: lincolnparadox

Very true!

The only records we really have are the ice cores and they seem to measure in decades or centuries so we have no real information.

But it will get cold. One thing I researched many years ago before this political BS was wiped by financiers, it would seem we do get a few little reminders similar to the little ice age.

However, another of those with our current population and it would be lights out for many, many people.

P

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I also notice the correlation between decreased solar activity and increased volcanism on earth
so we have that to worry about as well !

Im sure we will survive , it will take a few million if we lose our crop production
the only thing to do is start now , and grow your own, try to become self sustainable before it happens

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Global temps for April were +0.9c compared with the 20th century average - the 2nd highest we have ever recorded, albeit some parts were not quite so warm. Note that 97% of the planet is not in the USA

Even the UAH satellite data maintained by well know AGW sceptic Roy Spencer was 0.27c above average, compared with March which was just +0.19c

Yes, you can find graphs to prove whatever you want, but the facts remain. Despite deciining axiai tiit, the Earth is not continuing to cooi siightiy and, most notabiy, the lack of cooiing is most noticeable in polar regions, where it ought be strongest. Thats the facts. What the reason is is another matter.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Climatologists constantly say how this year is the hottest year on record, but that doesn't fit my experience at all.

I think back to when I was growing up in the 1980's. Back then (living in southeast Michigan), summers tended to be brutally hot. During August, temperatures in the 90's (Fahrenheit) were normal, and days breaking 100 F were not unusual.

In recent years, it seems like it only gets into the 90's for a few days each summer, and I can't remember the last time it hit 100 degrees around here (several years ago for sure).

As far as winter goes, I don't have any numbers to cite, but it seems to me that brutally cold weather (the kind where they cancel school, not because of snowfall but just because it's too damn cold to be outside) happens more often now than it did when I was a child.

Warming? It appears to me that we've been in a cooling trend for a decade at least.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

p358,

Exactly. The question is will it get cold soon, or 100,000 years from now? For now, we will have to deal with rising sea levels and extreme weather. That stuff is happening now. You only have to look at the increases in the NYC pump budget to see what we can expect this decade.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: lincolnparadox

You only have to look at the increases in the NYC pump budget to see what we can expect this decade.
Thing is, Sea Level rise has nothing to do with C02 levels, it's been going on for over a 100 years long before the C02 started to rise.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

This is interesting, as the Planets seem to come into the calculation some where.www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It seems that where I live, there are not too many big swings in the amount of summer we have. We do have some worse storm years, they have been less the last five years or so. But it has been a tad bit colder overall in the last three years, but less snow.

So, in a mini ice age, it will be the same here.
edit on 3-6-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Good video. He's right about the media not keeping us informed. That NOAA link that people have posted here a couple times is a good example. Unless you look carefully, you would think that we were still warming.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Wet snow falling in Moscow center

MOSCOW. June 2 (Interfax) - Wet snow is falling in the center of Moscow, an Interfax correspondent reported from the area of the Kievsky railroad terminal and Europe Square.

The city weather bureau told Interfax earlier that Moscow would be seeing high winds all through the day. "Winds will be high in Moscow in the period from 8 a.m. till 9 p.m., with gusts exceeding 15 meters per second," a bureau spokesman said.

According to the Hydro-Meteorological Center of Moscow, there will be north-westerly winds of 5-10 meters per second, with possible gusts of 12-17 meters per second in certain areas. It will be cloudy, with scattered rainfalls, and the temperatures will not exceed 12-14 degrees Celsius.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Magnetic fields and solar minimum :
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thanks for the link, needed something to watch.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Here we have a geologist saying its started and if you bet against wheat and meat you would be worth billions because 20% of the relative crops were lost this year.www.youtube.com...
The same geologist has a few more scientific ideas and put his money where his mouth is.www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-6-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It's plus 4 where I'm at and raining. It may well snow overnight. It's June 9th ffs. Canada was 2.0 degrees below average for April. I have yet to see the May numbers.

Solar Update June 2017–the sun is slumping and headed even lower

Link
edit on 9-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yes- there is the rest of the world to think about. It looks like we are in for a warmer and drier winter than usual- again.
The change in climate here has been noticeable- far fewer frosts than we used to have amongst other things.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join