It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cant do any of this my self maybe someone else can ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
yes there is industrial ones true but unlike what i posted they work much much differently and yes are expensive
what I designed is for home use and could be sold for under 500 new and would save money on electric bills and would save time on waiting for drying even thous dont dry in mints No heat .
its simple really it is not saying its a big deal just teh one thing I am showing fully
See teh biggest problem with heat drying is it tears up clothing bad ( what do you think lint is ? its your clothing discingrating lol .
No heat gets ride of taht problem as well and even silk could be dried ( try that with any other dryer lol .

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Honstly I realize nothing will come of this Posted it on a wim i rarely post i have Dyslexia
and dont like advertising it .
But who knows even a shot in the dark can hit something .

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
yes there is industrial ones true but unlike what i posted they work much much differently and yes are expensive
what I designed is for home use and could be sold for under 500 new and would save money on electric bills and would save time on waiting for drying even thous dont dry in mints No heat .
its simple really it is not saying its a big deal just teh one thing I am showing fully
See teh biggest problem with heat drying is it tears up clothing bad ( what do you think lint is ? its your clothing discingrating lol .
No heat gets ride of taht problem as well and even silk could be dried ( try that with any other dryer lol .

The link that I posted is not for 'industrial' use. It is used in the RV community. It is expensive because it has to be small to fit in a limited space. RV = recreational vehicle. A house on wheels basically. Space is extremely limited so it has to be small. Everything built specifically for RV's is expensive because of designing for small spaces.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

You have not actually designed anything, you just come up with a concept.

It isn't even original and it isn't really practical.

I love how you just say "hook up a vacuum pump and turn it on" as if people have them just lying around. They are not cheap either, about half the cost of what that RV unit costs.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
as you draw all the air out.
the water will boil and turn to Gas!
so the vacuum pump will draw That gas out.
so it will work.

Dont give up! just learn more.
youtube is great for that.

The water would not begin to evaporate until the proper pressure has been created. At that point, the vacuum is created and the pump would no longer need to operate, unless you want to continually create even more pressure and that is where I think it becomes more dangerous.

I think you'd have to find a way to create a Venturi effect inside the vacuum that would draw the air to a valve of some sort connected to a condenser.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

First 220 is used for dryers because it's cheaper. You may want to do a little research on why; I'll leave that to you.

What's your goal here? You looking for an investor or money?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Dude - you really need to learn how to write English. If you can't communicate coherently then what is the point being here?

For instance what is this?

ideas i ether got new ideas from NASAor retought so your flaming tehm as much as me .

So... instead of debating these ideas and thinking of ways they may or may not work, you just attack the OP about grammar.

Perhaps you need to learn more about etiquette instead of just trolling. That's just my opinion.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

Dude - you really need to learn how to write English. If you can't communicate coherently then what is the point being here?

ideas i ether got new ideas from NASAor retought so your flaming tehm as much as me .

So... instead of debating these ideas and thinking of ways they may or may not work, you just attack the OP about grammar.

Perhaps you need to learn more about etiquette instead of just trolling. That's just my opinion.

Perhaps mirageman could have stated his opinion in more polite terms. But to be fair, it is very difficult to follow the OP. He claims he has dyslexia, which may be true but that doesn't change the fact that his sentence structure is all over the place. It is difficult to even grasp the concept of what he is describing, not because of his spelling errors (dyslexia) but because of his random jumble of words.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: eXia7

Perhaps mirageman could have stated his opinion in more polite terms. But to be fair, it is very difficult to follow the OP. He claims he has dyslexia, which may be true but that doesn't change the fact that his sentence structure is all over the place. It is difficult to even grasp the concept of what he is describing, not because of his spelling errors (dyslexia) but because of his random jumble of words.

Yeah.. the OP's grammar isn't that of a scholar, but I was still able to figure out what he was saying.. It's no worse than people communicating with emoticons and acronyms.

This is the problem with ATS. Either people have lost their critical thinking skills, or they are just trolls for the sake of it. The OP took his time to create a thread, share a few ideas(good or bad) and wanted some input. But, what he was met with was the typical smarmy ATS users I always see shooting down people's ideas, or trolling threads they don't like.

Attack the problem, not the person.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
condenser drying not a bad idea i am sure it works . As i say this is different .
And 220 is cheaper to run something the produces HEAT of corse .
But this does NOT produce heat so 110 is fine and more efficient .
A good vacuum pump is around 350 $ lol so no they dont cost nearly as much as that RV washer dryer ( neat concept )
and A vacuum pump Does not create pressure once again it creates vacuum that is lack of air not more even a seal failing would just mean the machine would not dry as well its no danger of blowing up lol.
As for mass producing something like this idea the vacuum pump as it is is the most costly part ((( BUT they only cost what they do because they are what is refereed to a a specialized tool .
A good vacuum pump has no problems because of water vapor btw .
I worked with a air-conduction service for years .
and BTW you can pick up a used vacuum pump from alot of pawn shops for 125 $ for experimental perpises .
So the cost is not nearly what your thinking But thats the cheep part anyway lol.
If that was all I needed to do in order to make it i would have done it 20 years agaio .
In order to be taking for real you need A Patton and a prototype .
Figer ten grand minim then you have something to take to GE .
But just to prove the idea works 300 $ .( finding a used vacuum pump ( unless your a air guy then you got one )
But lord did anyone every NOT sleep in 9th grade science class ? yea that is when I learn this .
wanna look up something neat Look up what would happen to water ice in space or even what happens to it on mars .
all from lack of pressure and i am talking about ICE frozen water just vacuum has really cool effects on normal stuff . poof

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

I don't disagree with anything you have said. Being anonymous behind a computer screen does seem to bring out the worst in people sometimes.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
ps even a air compressor would show it works just hook up the pipe to the Intake and wala homemade vacuum pump .
aaa i am not worring over who every that was I just wanted to share if even for a minit
edit on 24-5-2017 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

My apologies. I believe you are correct. A vacuum pump would decrease the atmospheric pressure and boiling would occur when it meets vapor pressure.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Okay so your goal is to make a single unit instead of two and make it cheaper in the process? A good vacuum pump is around $350. You aren't really saving a lot of money. Certainly you are saving space by combining the two into one machine. Take the price of a washer and dryer separately. You have to add components to the already existing washer ( a vacuum pump) and add that cost in. You aren't really saving money.

ETA - A cheap dryer can be found for less than $300 brand new. Go online and look at Sears. Brand new cheap dryers for actually less than $250 at Sears.

edit on 24-5-2017 by Khaleesi because: eta

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

But just to prove the idea works 300 $ .( finding a used vacuum pump ( unless your a air guy then you got one )

Again, you mention more than just this, are you trying to find money for this? Is that the purpose of this thread?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Again, you mention more than just this, are you trying to find money for this? Is that the purpose of this thread?

I think the OP doesn't really care who gets the glory for these ideas, the OP is just sharing his thoughts to anybody with knowledge on these subjects.

I believe the OP wants a user of ATS to build a prototype and try it out for themselves.. if it works you'll be rich. if not, you saved the OP a lot of time and effort, from which I gather he does not have.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
really ? I grate you are adding in ONE more component to the machine
i also grante you the Cost of the vacuum pump would drop like a rock and would add at most 100 to construction .
Now tell me how Just that alone would not save money ( washer as is 400 $ ( Lowas ) dryer as is 400 $ lowas
this machine 500 $ The two cost $ 800 this does both for $ 500
And again the electric savings last as long as it does ( a dryer running ( say 3 loads a week a month 20 $
this would cost around 5 $ ( or the SAME as a normal washer ONLY that totally eliminating the dryer cost .
And lest not forget the time saved waiting on drying .

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

I'd rather the OP answer please, since only they know their intent.

He gives the details about one item, but mentions many others and I'm curious if his intent is to get someone here to fund development for not just the one he gives details on, but the others.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
btw they have really fancy washer and dryers taht cost 1000$$$$$ of dallors lol
when i think of things i think of poorer people who need it most .

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Cheapest that I see washer and dryer set less than $650.

www.sears.com...

That's both a washer AND a dryer.

Cheapest dryer I could find is here:

www.searsoutlet.com... idQCFY-BaQodyU8Kbg

$207

So no, you are not saving money with your concept considering that not only are you adding a vacuum pump but also have to redesign the washer to be vacuum tight.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join