It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question's regarding "The Flood"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Do we have any proof that the color of the limestone casing actually changed - other than a report in an ancient text?

None whatsoever. I was hoping to find something in Mark Lehner's book the Mystery of the Pyramids, if I can find a copy.

If we do not, then how do we know it was accurate? Herodotus does not mention it, nor do other ancient sources.

As Harte points out in your source (AlBiruni, page 28) says that people report that this is said and it's clear it's third or fourth hand information.

You're right, that could be the most obvious explanation, but I'm explaining it in the context of Colavito's note. Am I way, way off?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
My compliments, that was quite a dramtic exit. It was almost as if you said "I have nothing further your honor." Short pause then a loud bang from the gavel echoing through the hall and a declaration of case closed.

So to redirect, if you'll permit me to ask, is there a very remote possibility that during the time of Abd al-Latif (1400s), the local government and religious authorities of Cairo not only permitted but even encourage to cannibalize the stone outer casings of the Great Pyramids to build mosques and houses?

As a follow up question, why would the authorities permit to literally deface what is considered a national and even world treasure? Keeping in mind what you said earlier that it happened continuously... only if you will care to speculate if you find the questions reasonable.

With that, I would like to request for a continuance to pursue other evidences (clues) that came to my attention.

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
My compliments, that was quite a dramtic exit. It was almost as if you said "I have nothing further your honor." Short pause then a loud bang from the gavel echoing through the hall and a declaration of case closed.

So to redirect, if you'll permit me to ask, is there a very remote possibility that during the time of Abd al-Latif (1400s), the local government and religious authorities of Cairo not only permitted but even encourage to cannibalize the stone outer casings of the Great Pyramids to build mosques and houses?

As a follow up question, why would the authorities permit to literally deface what is considered a national and even world treasure? Keeping in mind what you said earlier that it happened continuously... only if you will care to speculate if you find the questions reasonable.

The destruction began far earlier.

At one time monuments like this (temples and tombs) had priests serving them, keeping them up, keeping them inhabited and preventing looting. This was paid for by income from royal estates that were gifted to these monuments and temples. However, once the priests left and no guards were around, locals (who could not read and who may not have had any investment in the monuments or emotional attachment to them) came in and took what they could and looked for treasure.

There's at least one (more, I think but one famous one) papyrus of a trial of some robbers who conspired with officials to rob the tomb of a king (no time to look it up now, but I think it was New Kingdom.)

WE find them "great wonders"... but the mortuary site there was not THE most important religious site in Egypt and often went neglected (see Thutmose's Dream Stele, between the paws of the Sphinx) for decades or centuries. Grabbing handy limestone and other blocks to make new temples for the new pharaoh seemed logical and efficient.

Edited to add that many were also torn down by the Coptic Christians and later by the government itself, who needed ruins cleared to put in modern structures.
edit on 31-5-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So no shot at destroying evidence or at least tampering with evidence? I was hoping for a reasonable doubt and a reduced sentence.

Am I still allowed a continuance?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
So no shot at destroying evidence or at least tampering with evidence? I was hoping for a reasonable doubt and a reduced sentence.

Am I still allowed a continuance?

Yesss.....

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Supposed traces of a flood, or saltwater in the Great Pyramid are interesting. I don't whether anything of the sort has actually been found or whether that's just a rumour that has been retold to the point where many believe it. Other conspiracy theories suggest the Pyramids were used for some purpose that would have lead to that.

What would confirm it more, perhaps, would be to find similar things inside of caves that are too high to flood, but which would have been filled with water during a general flood.

My suspicion of the floods, though, is that when water levels rose during the end of the Ice age, some people who didn't know about sailing got washed out to sea and survived. Perhaps they looked and saw water all the way out to the horizon, and assumed all the land was underwater (rather than that they were simply too far out to see the land.)

Nobody in ancient times would have had the ability to travel all the way to Mount Everest, and look to see if it were underwater or not.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join