It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question's regarding "The Flood"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Been trying to read between the lines of the Epics of Gilgameash,

Lets say there was a Flood that covered the Earth just how would it be Scientifically possible? My thoughts is that there is enough water below the ground to cover the planet, My 1st thought is that the core heated up enough to evaporate water below the surface that caused the rains, After that I'm scratching my head, How else could it have happened?

Now If there was enough water to cover the planet How much sediment would the Earth be covered with after the water soaked back into the ground and just how far would any artifacts have been removed from their place of origin because of currents?

If the Waters covered the Planet the salinity of the Ocean should have mixed with the fresh water creating a balanced salinity no one could have drank the water for a long time after the floods?

Trying to make sense of it Scientifically- I'm thinking any item from before a massive planetary flood would be buried a whole lot deeper then we think,.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Been trying to read between the lines of the Epics of Gilgameash,

Lets say there was a Flood that covered the Earth just how would it be Scientifically possible?

It isn't.

Regionally, however......

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Rather than a singular world wide flood event, what about a series of floods resulting from the rapid melting of the poles as seen at the end of the Younger Dryas, around 9700 BCE. Dr. Anthony Peratt, Plasma Physicist, Los Alamos Lab and Dr Robert Schock, PhD Geology, Geophysics, Boston University, theorize the Earth endured a Plasma Storm resulting from a Coronal Mass Ejection from the Sun.
www.robertschoch.com...

Plasma hitting the surface of Earth could heat and fuse rock, incinerate flammable materials, melt ice caps, vaporize shallow bodies of water creating an extended deluge of rain, and send the climate into a warming spell. The release of pressure that follows the melting of thousands-of-meters-thick ice sheets can induce earthquakes and even cause hot rock under pressure to melt and erupt to the surface as volcanoes.

"An extended deluge of rain" 40 days and 40 nights? Sea levels rose 350 feet virtually overnight.

Based on Greenland ice core data, the Younger Dryas began and ended very abruptly. Its start dates to 10,900 B.C., and its ending (the final warming) began circa 9700 B.C. and may have occurred within an incredible three years; given our inability to resolve the finest details of something that happened so long ago, it may have literally happened overnight.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Funny how they are pulling oil out of the oceans, as if they were once thriving ecosystems capable of producing the oil?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

How else could it have happened?

god did it, no scientific reason is needed. Upset with how corrupt the Earth had become, He (apparently it has a gender) snapped his grubby, greasy little fingers and the water dispersed everywhere in an instant!

But, why would he have done that since God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good..? He knows the future, so he didn't see that one coming?

Oh, and get this: I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. Isaiah 46:9, 10

What a goddamn narcissistic hypocrite, huh?

I just realized how much more fun it is to tear into religion than politics...nice change, thanks OP!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The expanding Earth model has some good logic behind it.

How does or why it grows, is up for grabs.

Perhaps being bombarded by particles from the Sun,
(for the last 4.2 Billion years) the mass begins to add up,
causing the Earth to expand. And the water to spread out.
edit on V102017Wednesdayam31America/ChicagoWed, 24 May 2017 11:10:37 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
1 has postulated the possibility of celestial ice like objects coming in contact with EA*RTH.
They could of been made of sediment and ice mixed, bombarded the planet causes global tsunamis from multiple impacts and then melted. Mixing salt and fresh waters, like TIAMAT-

In Babylonian myths, Tiamat is a huge, bloated female dragon that personifies the saltwater ocean, the water of Chaos. She is also the primordial mother of all that exists, including the gods themselves. Her consort is Apsu, the personification of the freshwater abyss that lies beneath the Earth. From their union, saltwater with freshwater, the first pair of gods were born. They are Lachmu and Lachamu, parents of Ansar and Kisar, grandparents of Anu and Ea.

www.pantheon.org...
edit on 5/24/17 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Theoretically, if you want to believe Gilgamesh was absolutely and literally true, then maybe the water came from the interaction of solar wind hydrogen from the sun with oxygen in the Earth's upper atmosphere, which could then rain down on the Earth as 'star water'.

See this link ... it is kind of interesting theory:

www.youtube.com...

Yeah, it is a youtube video, which will be off-putting for some ATS'ers, but at the 36 second mark and beyond it is interesting theory, and seems to have been vetted and proven scientifically.

Just ... I doubt you could ever create enough water like this to cover ALL the land of the Earth. That would just take a huge volume. I agree with the idea of more regional flooding, not global flooding of ALL land hah.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Wow thinking of civilization on Pangaea is just WOW that would explain somethings but that time line..

Edit - Just thought of something that story of babel - Pangaea breaking up .
edit on 5/24/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Funny how they are pulling oil out of the oceans, as if they were once thriving ecosystems capable of producing the oil?

Yah, but since "most oil shale formations took place during mid-Cambrian, early and middle Ordovician, late Devonian, late Jurassic and Paleogene periods." the oil deposits would have formed long before the flood mythos.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

You're so full of anger. It's kinda sad, really.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, the people used to live around water as much as possible thousands of years ago. Especially by the Oceans and anywhere they could get salt into their diet, Salt is a necessary ingredient for humans. So if there was an asteroid that hit the Ocean then the title wave and also the disruption it would have caused would have made it seem that the Flood was everywhere, if the impact was big enough to trigger quakes, it could have made the springs double their output too. Also the seizmic activity could have triggered a major thunderstorm. There seems to be different versions of this from around the world at around the same time in History.

So the whole earth did not flood, just parts where most of the Humans lived. A big seizmic event would collapse big lakes and flooding would also come down rivers. The whole flood event could have happened in my analysis, but it was comprehension that governed what was written or passed down about the event. It would have had a bad effect on all the ships doing trade between people, those ships would have been torn to shreds, Atlantis could have been washed away at that time leaving a barren island like what the tseunami did to Japan in that one area. Think fifty times of what happened to Japan. Maybe before that the Mariana trench did not exist.

The energy of a major event like a big asteroid hitting or a super big earthquake or eruption is something most people could not comprehend. It was probably a natural event that would have triggered the great flood.

As far as Noah and his ark.....Maybe it existed and maybe it didn't. Maybe the ark story is partially correct, but how people throught the centuries interpretted it is wrong. Noahs group was not the only humans to survive this event, but to those living in that area he may have seemed to have been the only ones. There could be many reasons for that story to exist, it did not need to be a world flood though, just that people there thought it was. They may not have been able to comprehend the Americas or even the Asian hills. But, the Asians also have some stories about a major flood, but it does not seem to have been such a drastic event as the info coming out of the middle east.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
There is enough water on earth to make it appear the whole planet is flooded at once. Ancient times had more actual knowledge than we of today. From an ancient perspective one would witness the flood, and on the other side of the world, they would witness a flood, just not at the same moment. the massive level of water would just roll around the planet until you cut the energy source causing the effect. if you controlled movement of the moon you could do the same thing, gravitational pull and influence. God had the tech way back then, imagine the abilities today.....

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: BestinShow

You're so full of anger. It's kinda sad, really.

In my defense, I only get that way every other Wednesday - 6 hours of meetings in a row.

I'll work on it though...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

This is the best line fram Gilgamesh:

GILGAMESH went abroad in the world, but he met with none who could withstand his arms till be came to
Uruk. But the men of Uruk muttered in their houses, ‘Gilgamesh sounds the tocsin for his amusement, his arrogance
has no bounds by day or night. No son is left with his father, for Gilgamesh takes them all, even the children; yet the
king should be a shepherd to his people. His lust leaves no virgin to her lover, neither the warrior's daughter nor the
wife of the noble; yet this is the shepherd of the city, wise, comely, and resolute.'

His lust leaves no virgin! Daughters! Wives!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yea it's actually a great read and holding my attention usually I'll read a paragraph of a book and loose interest.

I'm wondering how much has been modified through translation. That's one thing I've never been able to understand is how we can get text we have never seen before and say we translated it correctly .

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
According to the ancient Greek historian Herodotus, there was a time when the casings of the Great Pyramids at Giza were still intact, there was a pronounced watermark about midway the height of the 2 Great Pyramids that was an evidence of a great flood. Granting that some historians think that even if Herodotus was considered the Father of History, his chronicles were not exactly error-free.

Flood in ancient Egypt?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Quantum convergence, move two parallel world into a shared broader reality, one world is an ocean world the other a rocky planet but with some ocean's, as you bring them into phase the water world and the rocky world both remain in existence but begin to exist in a shared common reality, creatures of the rocky planet living on dry land now find themselves drowned by an ocean miles deep that has appeared in there world, the water leaking at first from everywhere even filling up the lung's of the creatures.

Just need an alternate reality in which the earth has a lower density and more water so it has a greater diameter but occupy's the exact same orbit.

Of course there would be hundreds of world's, maybe billion's or even more that would sometime's cross over and mostly as they would be so alike it would not be noticeable but a cross over of two such vastly different reality's would not be impossible in a quantum universe.

Then moving those reality's back out of phase the water from the water world goes back to it's own reality, still if it was possible we would have strange rain's of fish on occasion as random reality merging's occur, but they should not remain in our reality unless there was some kind of exchange between these two reality's eh?.

Of course there is the long shot explanation that the fish were from water spout's sucked up into the atmosphere, but what about the frogs, coin's and other odd rain that have been reported over the ages and let's not forget manna from heaven.

A being in a higher dimension could in theory perhaps control such mergeance and divergeance of lower reality's.

edit on 24-5-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

In my imagination.

If the earth warmed up enough I believe more water would evaporate and be trapped in the sky as clouds.

We are aware of underground oceans that contain enough water to flood the earth. These oceans are kept underground by certain pressures.

If a significant amount of water accumulated in the sky, enough for a 40 day rain, I believe that the pressure that holds the underground oceans in place would have weakened allowing the water to burst forth from the underground oceans.

As the clouds became thick enough to block the sun the earth began to cool. This cooling allowed the rain to fall. The release of water from underground sources and the massive amount of rain covered the earth. As the rain fell the pressure that kept the underground oceans in place returned and the water returned to it's original underground positions.

I'm not sure if all of this is scientifically possible, but it sounds plausible to me.

edit on 24-5-2017 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Lets say there was a Flood that covered the Earth just how would it be Scientifically possible? My thoughts is that there is enough water below the ground to cover the planet,

You may be right.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join