It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State takes over its first city in Phillipines

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Phillipines is not very prosperous. A lot of it is in poverty. And that gives Islamic State the opportunity to infiltrate and expand, much like a virus infection. This also marks the first time Islamic State holds grounds in southeast Asia.

www.almasdarnews.com...
edit on 23-5-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Phillipines is a Muslim majority country.

Um, what?

The Philippines is a Roman Catholic majority.
edit on 5/23/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Ah! I got confused. Thanks for the correction. Malaysia and Indonesia are Islam majority.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

CNN Philippines is streaming live on the matter now.

It is interesting. I half expected this when I read yesterday Duterte opened his mouth again about seeking closer ties with China and Russia and pulling away from the US. Did not think so soon. Perhaps he will request US assistance

This is an existing group that is known to be partial to the cause of ISIS, but not ISIS itself. I had wondered why none of the local sources were mentioning ISIS, and someone has explained it better now.

edit on 5-23-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Interesting. Maybe this group is CIA backed.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: Nyiah

Ah! I got confused. Thanks for the correction. Malaysia and Indonesia are Islam majority.

The first thing that went through my mind was "Our Filipino posters are going to either be insulted or laughing hard."

Anyway, if memory serves, fighting there isn't new. I remember a nasty guerilla group by the acronym of (go ahead & laugh) MILF having wreaked havoc there for quite some time years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if this current stuff is linked to the members of it somehow (like, reforming under a new name or something)
edit on 5/23/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Say whaaaaat?

This will not stand, I foresee a great uproar in a few hours when my countrymen awaken if this is true.

Australia won't allow this...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well interesting,

The southern regions of the Philippines does have a few isolated areas of Islamic dominated areas, the thing is the Philippines has more catholics than you can shake a stick at, plus they really would not give a sh1t about killing people that trying to pull this crap.. They are not PC one bit and they do not f#ck about with internal diplomacy, the average Filipino has a fair amount of hate for anything Islamic!!..

Believe me they do not need US assistance the moment they head into a regular Filipino area they will get cut to
pieces.. Duterte will not play ball with these w@nkers...

RA

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
duterte needs to kill this off quick.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982
There is video making it out from outside the clashes.

Some updates from military rep. Urging people not to update on social media. Im guessing he is specifically implying twitter.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I don't see how we have any real legitimacy in dictating to other people how they run their city or province or country. If the Philippines has a problem with themselves I'm sure they'll sort it out somehow.

We have too many problems in our own nations to be sticking our nose into someone else's pile of #.

If they want an Islamic government or a Nazi government or a Unicorns and Rainbows government I could care less to be completely frank about it.

I find it more worrisome that my neighbors are so adamant about how people all the way around the world live their lives than about all the major issues (like crime, economics, corruption, etc) that we are facing just down the street.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I kinda pity ISIS....Duterte wont be using PC gloves

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It is interesting. I half expected this when I read yesterday Duterte opened his mouth again about seeking closer ties with China and Russia and pulling away from the US. Did not think so soon. Perhaps he will request US assistance
There is a good interview with him on RT where he states why he is moving closer to China and Russia . One of the issues is his country needs weapons to combat these terrorist threats but the US refuses to sell him the arms to do so .

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's been an ongoing problem. There is also the NPA (no permanent address) who are a communist terrorist group. They extort money from farmers. If payment is refused, eventually a judge will be bribed to reassign title to some extremely wealthy family.

Basically, groups like this are not spontaneous. They are funded and organized to concentrate power for the corrupt elite.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I have to agree. shoot he is liable to straight outlaw Muslims in general and deport them or lock them up. hey turkey can do it to polotical opponnents who were claimed to be part of a coup why not this guy?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm going to laugh when Duterte decides to slaughter them
edit on 23-5-2017 by PepeTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet
It's been an ongoing problem. There is also the NPA (no permanent address) who are a communist terrorist group. They extort money from farmers. If payment is refused, eventually a judge will be bribed to reassign title to some extremely wealthy family.

Basically, groups like this are not spontaneous. They are funded and organized to concentrate power for the corrupt elite.

Exactly.

There have been islamic extremists in the area near Zamboanga has been full of fighting the last few years. I do believe that Duterte has declared war on them... As for NPA, wasn't Duterte a sympathizer with them? Didn't he appoint some "former" NPA into his cabinet or give them places in his administration?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

#Isis beheaded some of the teachers in Dansalan College. Others are kidnapped.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Is there a place where you draw the line? I mean, do you think we should have allowed the Nazi's to take over Europe?
Just curious.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I have to agree. shoot he is liable to straight outlaw Muslims in general and deport them or lock them up. hey turkey can do it to polotical opponnents who were claimed to be part of a coup why not this guy?

This wont end pretty for ISS.

I think they have bitten off more than they can chew...... a opponent as bat # insane as they are

Durte is likely to execute any capture ISIS himself, without trial and in a unconventional way

edit on 23-5-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join