It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lets it fly as civilians killed by US airstrikes in Syria increases to all time high

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
225 civilians killed in the past 30 days. However, this is inevitable. There are no terminators that can go into houses where IS fighters are. If there were, no need for collateral damage. It's going to get worse before it gets better. As the battle for Raqqa heats up in the coming days and weeks, unfortunately the civilian toll will inevitably rise further.

www.almasdarnews.com...
edit on 23-5-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I would imagine that this is now going to be a problem after not being one for the last 8 years.
To the left it is a matter of who is in the WH (R or D), it is not about the poor civilians that are in a horrible situation.

edit on 23-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Why they hate us:

U.S. Dropped 23,144 Bombs on Muslim-Majority Countries in 2015

America dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016. What a bloody end to Obama's reign

Trump seems to be continuing the same ME foreign policy. btw, if someone can explain to me what our ME foreign policy that would be great!

Last month, the Washington DC-based Physicians for Social Responsibility (PRS) released a landmark study concluding that the death toll from 10 years of the “War on Terror” since the 9/11 attacks is at least 1.3 million, and could be as high as 2 million.

www.middleeasteye.net...

What is 223 when a couple of million have already been killed. If anyone can provide better death figures on the number of Muslims killed please do so.

edit on 23-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ahmm.. if you are hiding terrorists or living with your brother/son/father that is a terrorist..
Then you are not a civilian anymore.

Perhaps they should rise up and fight the evil.. instead living as slaves to a heartless religion.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Could be those people feel the same toward you in supporting what the US government has been doing for decades.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I would imagine that this is now going to be a problem after not being one for the last 8 years.
To the left it is a matter of who is in the WH (R or D), it is not about the poor civilians that are in a horrible situation.

I don't think that's fair.

Nobody, except heathens, wants to see civilians caught in the crossfire and killed...just simply because of where they were born. Quite callous of you to say actually.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Really? The left wants to help those civilians fleeing that war. The right wants to keep them right there in the way of all the bombs.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
btw, if someone can explain to me what our ME foreign policy that would be great!

Everyone but Israel needs to be touched by our military.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Do we even have a foreign policy in the ME? As far as I can tell the policy is drop as many bombs as you can for fun and profit.

I once ask someone how many Arabs need to die in the war on terror on ATS. Several people posted "all of them". Is the policy of the US the genocide of the Arab people? Someone please confirm one way or the other.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Really? The left wants to help those civilians fleeing that war. The right wants to keep them right there in the way of all the bombs.

I'm on the left I want the bombing just to stop.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I haven't been a fan of any war in the Middle East since I stepped out of theater in 2005. I was just pointing out that poster's inaccuracy.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Ahmm.. if you are hiding terrorists or living with your brother/son/father that is a terrorist..

Perhaps they should rise up and fight the evil.. instead living as slaves to a heartless religion.

What about the terrified frail 80 year old couple, who have their home invaded by young criminal thugs, should they be blown up as well. Or the 18 year old girl, looking after her 5 young brothers and sisters, because her parents have both been killed, how are they supposed to resist. Spacespider have a heart.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Simon1967

Apparently in his world bad people never used innocents as human shields.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
In my opinion we should let the middle East take care of its own problems. They will still be killing each other but we don't need to help them do it.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

From what I can see...our foriegn policy in the ME is a mishmash of profiteering, all under the guise of "humanitarian concerns."

Oil, opium, infrastructure, arms sales...that's why we are there.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

edit on 23-5-2017 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

From what I can see...our foriegn policy in the ME is a mishmash of profiteering, all under the guise of "humanitarian concerns."

Oil, opium, infrastructure, arms sales...that's why we are there.

That's basically it. People might be able to see it if the pictures of a few dead soldiers weren't held up at concert and political rallies and the narrative of be patriotic and "terrorism is gonna get you" played over and over.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Simon1967

originally posted by: Spacespider

What about the terrified frail 80 year old couple, who have their home invaded by young criminal thugs, should they be blown up as well. Or the 18 year old girl, looking after her 5 young brothers and sisters, because her parents have both been killed, how are they supposed to resist. Spacespider have a heart.

There is no time or room for pinpointing the innocent now, to late.. that was a opportunity 5 years ago, not how
This war need to end, and it need to end now before the fanatics mentality is forced upon more people.
We need to remove the nest by the root.. it will hurt, but it must be done while time is

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Could be those people feel the same toward you in supporting what the US government has been doing for decades.

What ? fighting a war against terrorism that Europe is to incompetent to handle itself..
And I am a European myself..

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Just dumb..Do you think the Vietnamese villagers wanted to hide the Vietcong or their food, weapons in Vietnam..damned if they do and for sure dead if they don't.
These poor people cannot win.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join