It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I'm looking out for the end of the world! What's signs should I be looking out for?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Serious answers only please.

And I'm thinking more along the lines of what I should look out for religiously (from the bible) and if anything has happened (came true) in the last five years?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

Seriously....

The Bible ?

+8 more 
posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
A mushroom cloud.

Yep, look for that.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The four horsemen

War. Famine, Pestilence, Death.

This NK thing has the potential but I don't think has enough steam to make a global war. China and Russia is a different question. We are all not that really poor quite yet. Our fake money seems to keep making things work. Ebola and Zika are pretty terrible viruses but nothing yet of a global killer. No more people die a day that are born a day so that still pretty stable.

If the end is coming it will quick and swift like the dinos. Religions just use it to promote fear whichwill spread to others and come to ask for forgiveness and make some pretty good tax free money while they are at it.

I believe there won't be time for signs. Quick and swift just like mother nature likes.

edit on 21-5-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: silly little typos

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Israel Became a nation in 1945,and the Jews making their pilgrimage back to Israel is the last MAJOR sign that the end is near. As far as the last 5 years. "there will be wars and rumors of wars". We are indeed in the end of times IMO, but that doesn't mean it is going to happen today, or tomorrow. Or it could!!! I think the final sign will be the rebuilding of the Jewish temple.....where the beast will be worshiped!

There is a haunting movie you should watch called the Rapture. It is about a woman waiting for the end of times....
edit on 21-5-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Sun will rise from the West.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29 “Immediately after the distress of those days

“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[e] is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

The Day and Hour Unknown
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’ 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Matthew 24: 4-51

Here is what Jesus said to his apostles when they asked. There is a lot more concerning End Times in the Bible, but it's weapped up in prophecy. The last book Revelation deals with it exclusively and you can read for days all kinds of different interpretations on the internet. Then there is the book of Daniel which is a companion book from the Ole Testament. Then other of the Old Testament prophets also have glimpses that align with the end too.
edit on 21-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This one would be pretty hard to miss.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Wouldn't you look out for a flash of light?

Serious answers only pls.

a reply to: TruthsSword

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
But hasn't that exited for many many years?a reply to: ConscienceZombie

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I know you're asking for a Christian perspective, but please allow me to share some of the minor signs we can find in the hadith:

-People will establish ties with strangers and sever relations with their near and dear ones.

-Hypocrites will be in control of the affairs of the community and evil, immoral people will be at the helm of business establishments.

-An increase in earthquakes.

-Women who are clothed yet naked.

-Trade will become so widespread that a woman will be forced to help her husband in business

-Children of fornication will become widespread or prevalent.

-A man will leave his home and his thigh or hip will tell him what is happening back at his home. (referring to the cellphones we put in our pockets)

-When the destitute camelherds compete in building tall structures. (Referring to the Gulf states)

-Great distances will be traversed in short spans of time

-Time will pass rapidly.

-A man will pass by a grave and wish that he was in their place.

-When violence, bloodshed and anarchy become common.

-When untrustworthy people will be regarded as trustworthy and the trustworthy will be regarded as untrustworthy.

-Power and authority will be given to wrong people.

These are some of the minor signs that I believe are happening right now or already have passed. All these hadith are from Bukhari, Muslim, Ahmed.(strong narrations)

edit on 21-5-2017 by EveryUsernameWasTaken because: .

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

One sign would be when you (old/young/rich/poor/free/prisoner) cannot buy or sell, anything, unless you are a part of a system that secretly rejects the word of Christ whilst overtly convincing you it is divinely inspired.

Look out for such a system, or signs of it's existence.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

At any moment in time and history there is always an equal amount of evidence of Heaven on Earth or Hell on Earth. Just like choosing to have faith in God is a choice, how you experience the World is up to you to choose. People who are bigots and have prejudices see other people exactly the way they believe them to be. In the same way, people who think the World is coming to and end will see the "signs" exactly as they expect them to be.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Look around you. The only person that wants the world to end are the miserable people. They want it to to end so they can end their responsibility to make life better instead of saying "Fock it! i quit and i want you all to die with me!"

Instead of focusing that energy of hate and despair, why don't take a look at Luke 17:21 and forget the book of Revelation.

The book of Revelation is more a symbolic/metaphoric/analogic book of how to "open" the chakras.

The seven seals? It's a representation of the seven chakras. That is on your spine starting from your nuts to your scalp. The 144,00? Those are the Nadis of the human soul. They are channels. Not the amount of human souls who get saved from the "Rapture".

You gell1234 and all the other people who believe in this "END OF THE WORLD TIMES" need to go near some woods away from cities, drop the phone or computer, and appreciate what is there to see begin. Not what to expect to see end.

If and When the world does end, it will be when the world wants to end. We (Christians or not) can not assume A Bible foretold the end.

If you want a serious answer on how to look for the end times ok ill give you. You already forgot what i just written because of your judgemental bias mindset.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Serious Answer:

You can't find one drop of water from where it began and where it will end. Until you realize the flow of one drop, was actually the beginning and the end that passed you by.

i just made that stupid answer up.
Anyway, go read Revelations over and over until you drop. Maybe then the world ends for you but the world itself ending.. only when it will want to.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Nothing like a good Shoggoth to ruin your day!

It was a terrible, indescribable thing vaster than any subway train — a shapeless congeries of protoplasmic bubbles, faintly self-luminous, and with myriads of temporary eyes forming and un-forming as pustules of greenish light all over the tunnel-filling front that bore down upon us, crushing the frantic penguins and slithering over the glistening floor that it and its kind had swept so evilly free of all litter.

— H. P. Lovecraft, At the Mountains of Madness

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The abomination of desolation is what Jesus said to watch for if you want to know when it's all about to go down very soon.

So we're waiting for the temple to be rebuilt and then the Antichrist to declare himself god and cause the daily sacrifice to cease.

After this is when the persecution of the church kicks into high gear and they start making people take the mark of the beast and worship the Antichrist and his image.

The final sign before the rapture is unmistakable. The sun turning black and the moon turning red, an earthquake and the stars falling.

Here's a good sermon on discerning the Signs of the Times; something which Jesus rebuked the Pharassies for failing to do.

Finally here's what Jesus said to his disciples when they asked the same question you have. Matthew 24:3-31

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Revelation is expecting the world to be dominated by a power which persecutes the church almost to the point of extinction. The climax of the book is God's response.
Until we see that happening, I would not bother looking for any other signs.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
Look around you. The only person that wants the world to end are the miserable people. They want it to to end so they can end their responsibility to make life better instead of saying "Fock it! i quit and i want you all to die with me!"

I totally agree. Some people are just incapable of accepting the messiness of it all. They cannot accept having incomplete knowledge about what it all means. When they get overloaded with anxiety they become suicidal.

The World is perfectly imperfect. I think everything is just fine the way it is.

edit on 21-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

There are billions of churches all over the world. No one is "persecuting" the churches as you are suggesting. Occasionally a black church will be burned down but that's about it. I've never heard of white church in a blue state getting destroyed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join