It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now heres a reason why Trump won the election and why I voted for him

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: alphabetaone

The problem is we live in a free country. That means business owners are free to put their factories wherever they like. While I do not condone the practice; I would rather live in a free country than have a government that can force me to do what they want me to do with my privately owned business.

The government can't force you to stop outsourcing. What they can, and should do, is provide incentives to keep your business in the country.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: Annee

Actually I have. Not so much websites though as local products. I grow my own produce (carrots, corn, green beans etc; and let me tell you being in the heart of NJ and 5 minutes from manhattan aint no easy task lol)

I live in a town with 5 Walmarts. For 10 years I never went in one. I bought local and independently owned.

Most of those businesses are gone now.

How many people are like you and I? Not many.

They say "bring back our jobs" -- while standing in a Walmart checkout line.

edit on 20-5-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Good for you for being so firm in your stances on Wally World... I have been that way for years now.

www.forbes.com...[/exn ews]

Sounds nice to save a few bucks because they have the market share to offer such low prices, but if you pay taxes you're paying for the offset of what those cost savings may be in your pocket elsewhere... far more likely then one saves in the check out line as those wally World beeps ring off.

That's how bad Walmat has people conned. They offer their employees the puniest wages, of which require federal subsidiaries being offered to employees to make ends meet. Then, because they offer the cheapest goods, they turn around and take the bulk of the subsidies right back for their own benefit. That means, that because Americans want the cheap goods, they're ok with the reality that billions of federal funds are moved over to Wally World bank accounts through their very own slave system.

This doesn't even get into the federal contracts with the Walton's and all the twisting of influence to gain more wealth.

Anyway... glad to read that another has gone so far as to stay away for such long times like I have. I know I can't make it go away, but I don't have to participate in it if I don't want to. These are choices we make... not the things we're forced to live with.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: TheRedneck

The Chapo was simply theater as was Escobar. The stoppage of these two produced zero decline in drugs availability in the US simply because the government friendly cartels picked up the slack. And, drugs move into this country by 18 wheeler and cargo ships. These shows where they cover border agents pulling cars apart down on the boarder are for show. Just small guys trying to get a nut. Same thing during prohibition for the most parts.

That's correct. And most illegals fly into LAX or Atlanta on a tourist visa and never leave. The wall won't do Sh!t but I have a bid out on a contract to help build the damn thing. The big money and corruption is already salivating like pavlovs dog. Believe me...Juicy gov. contracts for kickbacks and Superbowl tickets. I know who my State Rep. is and what he wants.

edit on 20-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The Chapo was simply theater as was Escobar. The stoppage of these two produced zero decline in drugs availability in the US simply because the government friendly cartels picked up the slack. And, drugs move into this country by 18 wheeler and cargo ships. These shows where they cover border agents pulling cars apart down on the boarder are for show. Just small guys trying to get a nut. Same thing during prohibition for the most parts.

That's correct. And most illegals fly into LAX or Atlanta on a tourist visa and never leave. The wall won't do Sh!t but I have a bid out on a contract to help build the damn thing. The big money and corruption is already salivating like pavlovs dog. Believe me...Juicy gov. contracts for kickbacks and Superbowl tickets.

40% come by plane, meaning 60% don't. The Wall would be effective. No it won't keep all illegals and all drugs out, but the claim that it won't do anything is ridiculous.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

That's correct. And most illegals fly into LAX or Atlanta on a tourist visa and never leave. The wall won't do Sh!t but I have a bid out on a contract to help build the damn thing. The big money and corruption is already salivating like pavlovs dog. Believe me...Juicy gov. contracts for kickbacks and Superbowl tickets.

40% come by plane, meaning 60% don't. The Wall would be effective. No it won't keep all illegals and all drugs out, but the claim that it won't do anything is ridiculous.

Like most govt. boondoggle projects It will lose funding, only be partially built and will be a legacy to donald Trump. This isn't my first rodeo btw.
edit on 20-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Like most govt. boondoggle projects It will lose funding, only be partially built and will be a legacy to donald Trump. This isn't my first rodeo btw.

Nah, the government is very efficient and doesn't waste taxpayer money. We should trust them with our Health Care and our Education, surely they can build a wall.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Nah, the government is very efficient and doesn't waste taxpayer money. We should trust them with our Health Care and our Education, surely they can build a wall.

Now you're catching on. The glorified "wall" fence will be cannibalized for materials to build goat sheds in Chihuahua. Or sold back to the vendors for pennies on the dollar. Doin business the American way. Capitalism.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Now you're catching on. The glorified "wall" fence will be cannibalized for materials to build goat sheds in Chihuahua. Or sold back to the vendors for pennies on the dollar. Doin business the American way. Capitalism.

I actually live on the border. I know how much was done to secure the border under both Bush and Obama.

What Trump is proposing is medieval and stupid.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Got it - you are a single issue voter.

How give me examples of what and how Trump is slowly down and or stopping 'outsorcing'. And please with verifiable sources and facts - not just staged PR events.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Is it just me or are you saying that you are ok with the NAU?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I actually live on the border. I know how much was done to secure the border under both Bush and Obama.

I know! Anyone can drive back and forth across the border outside El Paso. It's a dirt road with just a break in the fence.
No gate, no guards, just desert and a dry river bed. Occasionally a BP guy rides his 4 wheeler by and waves.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I agree with most of your post... and commend you on individual thinking. But I also see one glaring problem with your solution.

If Mexico were capable of maintaining a stable, crime-free society, open borders would be less of an issue. But they're not. El Chapo was captured by a US Marine contingent, because he was able to threaten the Mexican government. Think about that... one cartel was able to threaten the government, and that government was unable to protect themselves, much less their citizens.

Ironically, building the Wall would help the Mexican government become more stable and provide more protection for its citizens. The bulk of the Mexican drug cartels' money comes from the United States across an open border. By shutting off that flow of capital, we would be financially strangling those who destabilize the country. The Mexican government could further establish itself and start working to grow their economy instead of spending all their resources fighting crime that we finance.

If the Wall is built, I foresee a day when travel between the two countries is almost as easy as travelling from Alabama to Mississippi. Just drive through one of those big, beautiful doors in the Wall, and continue on your merry way in safety.

TheRedneck

Another way to shut down mexican cartels would be to legalize drugs here in the states. Not only would that stop the flow of money to mexico but would put that money in the pockets of people that start a business that sells the drugs, like with our alcohol sellers.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

In reality, there are only two countries where a wall does not exist already: Mexico and Canada. All other countries are separated from us by either third-party nations or vast expanses of water. Either performs the same function as a wall, in that they restrict easy access. I can walk from the US to Mexico or Canada, but not to any other country.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

The Chapo was simply theater as was Escobar. The stoppage of these two produced zero decline in drugs availability in the US simply because the government friendly cartels picked up the slack.

Actually, El Chapo's cartel is still operating as well. And that's the problem: too many drug cartels with too many people ready to take over when one falls. And as much money as there is to be made supplying drugs to the US, there always will be.

And, drugs move into this country by 18 wheeler and cargo ships. These shows where they cover border agents pulling cars apart down on the boarder are for show.

I drove a semi OTR for 8 years... spent way too much of my life in and around Laredo.

Yes, drugs come in by semi... usually with the drivers unaware. It's SOP on any load coming across the border to inspect every nook and cranny for drugs (and missing parts!). You would be amazed at how many times they find bags of drugs tucked away between steel beams, twisted in among the wires and air lines, or even stuck in the mechanics. The company I drove for most of the time billed themselves as an international carrier, so they hired workers just to inspect/repair trailers coming across.

Still, a lot of drivers get lazy and forget to check. I've driven by them, pulled to the side in the check station on I-35, truck being disassembled, while they watch under guard. It ain't just show. The whole idea is to force enough drugs through so that even if the border agents catch most of it, there's still plenty that gets through. I've been checked by the dogs plenty of times, but just as many times they were busy on another truck and waved me through.

The cartels know the trailer number, the destination, and when it is to be delivered. It's easy to watch the truck stops and reclaim the goods when the driver gets close.

It's not just drugs, either. Illegals will sneak onto your truck, under the air scoop, under the trailer, even in the engine compartment to get a free ride. Get caught with one hitching a ride, and you go to jail too... seen that happen first-hand to a driver.

TheRedneck

edit on 5/20/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I'm not talking about a little weed... this is serious drugs, the kind that kill kids. I can't see a lot of good coming from specialty heroin shops.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I know! Anyone can drive back and forth across the border outside El Paso. It's a dirt road with just a break in the fence.
No gate, no guards, just desert and a dry river bed. Occasionally a BP guy rides his 4 wheeler by and waves.

Do you live there?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
The headline:

Analysis: A company under Trump attack makes a bold move: It repeatedly ignores him

Some of the distressing content:

In a conference call with investors this week, Rexnord Industries reaffirmed its decision to go ahead with a business plan President Trump has condemned in a set of blistering tweets.
“Rexnord of Indiana made a deal during the Obama Administration to move to Mexico,” Trump tweeted on May 7. “Fired their employees. Tax product big that's sold in U.S.”

The move has been in the making for many years (as analysts pointed out); one person saying "hey, don't move!" is not going to do it -- and people weren't willing to pay more (in this economy) for the things they produce.

Now... another factor here is that people aren't getting trained for future jobs. Automation means that certain jobs go away (like the old foundry workers who manually poured steel into ingots.) These are almost always the low level jobs that don't require a lot of training... like welding rivets on a car body.

Other jobs (like auto mechanic) aren't going away any time soon.

Texas is full of ghost towns - towns that died when things changed (no more cattle drives, the dust bowl happened, or local oil wells dried up.) The towns that thrived were towns not dependent on one major industry.

And raising taxes is not the answer. If the very cheapest shoes available cost $150/pair because of import taxes, etc. or because of the cost of local manufacturing... how many pairs would you own? As prices go up, financially strapped customers decide to do without. That means businesses fold.

Invention, entrepreneurship, and diversity are necessary, yes... but so's a well educated and well-trained workforce. It can start at home but we've got to stop thinking of these businesses as lynchpins for towns and communities.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Got it - you are a single issue voter.

I would be interested to understand what youre talking about, or how you glean that I'm a single issue voter because of the disdain I have shown of a single issue?
edit on 20-5-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

They say "bring back our jobs" -- while standing in a Walmart checkout line.

There's a lot of truth to that unfortunately. Though mine is not necessarily a position of 'bring our jobs back', but is more in line with ensure for the good of the people and families that become affected by it that they don't bleed away.

You're right though, not many similar mindsets out there....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join