It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - A Civil Conversation Between Skeptics And Effected

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

Great points.

Check out this thread detailing residue in newspapers:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They all spell a given word the way we remember in the headings - but spell it incorrectly in the article body. They are 'ME words', or words we remember one way but isn't that way today: Fields, Reeves, Niagra etc.. etc..

Naysayers say it's because there's two different editors, one that writes the articles, and one that writes the headings.

If that's true, you'd think they'd fire the "sub editors" and just let the "editor" write.

It's some pretty good evidence - or not, depending on your stance. lol

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hmm..

Pandora just played a song from Smashing Pumpkins: "Mayonaise"

Google link with video, wiki, etc..
www.google.com...

Thought it was funny 'cause it's mentioned in this thread (mayonaise is now mayonnaise).

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Idk, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about Terence McKenna's Timewave Zero, and ME...
edit on 17-5-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: Spelling

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I remember mayonnaise with double n's as a kid and trying to pronounce it the way it was spelled.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

I had to read a little about it. I know him as a fellow psychonaut, but nothing about that theory.

Are you thinking one time spiral ended in 2012 and another began?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

TW0 isn't specifically mentioned, but I have this video to offer:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Burning the midnight oil, I had left out my take on Timewave Zero, in my original post.

To trace my line of thought...

When the towers fell, I was forced to start questioning everything I had believed in.

In the run up to 2012, I had come across someone predicting a celestial alignment.Their prediction involved the planets in our solar system, the sun, and galactic center aligning.Existentially, believing that created a feeling of urgency I hadn't encountered before.My understanding at the time, made me fearful for the consequences of such an event.The concept of Timewave Zero and Novelty theory, were a large part of that.

The melancholy I met that September, withered into rage.I began struggling to make sense of what was going on.

Thank goodness, it turned out her prediction was incorrect.I missed the memo, having long started the practice of investigating how to tackle my daddy issues in more creative ways,lol .I don't discount Terence work, it just slipped my mind until reflecting on the path I took, and trying to illustrate my opinion that the timing of this dissonance around ME has to do with the energies influencing our solar system.

From what I remember, it involves the concept of cyclical time and the fractal nature of the universe.The origin of the theory started out with some observations of the way the I-Ching plays out in time.Basically, the theory resulted in being able to plot graphs suggesting the rise and fall of the influence of novelty on the timeline.The speculation around Timewave Zero, ties into the thread by bringing together the collective unconscious, technology, and the singularity.

2012 was suggested as a climax for Timewave Zero.I believe time is fluid, so I see it as a range of possibilities rather then something written in stone.Sure we all share a sense of time together, but the way the events play out can vary depending on one's circumstances.Eh,the advent of the internet and proliferation of communication can add to a sense that the speed of time is accelerating.I don't think it is, rather our sensitivity to information, and it's growing context tends to encourage deeper introspection.

For some, the lead up to 2012 served as a catalyst to try and be more proactive about their spiritual journey in the face of the unknown.

I think that if any of the ideas revolving around Timewave Zero hold water, the time is ripe to take another look.I feel many clues lie there, related to the dissonance involved in ME, or to use my suggestion, Echo's Dilemna.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ian McLean

A priceless insight from the man himself. May he rest in peace.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
Hmm..

Pandora just played a song from Smashing Pumpkins: "Mayonaise"

Google link with video, wiki, etc..
www.google.com...

Thought it was funny 'cause it's mentioned in this thread (mayonaise is now mayonnaise).

What are these evil nerds trying to achieve?

Is a world of Berenstein bear's so unbearable (pun intended).

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I wonder if this can be explained by quantum physics.

Think of Schrodinger's cat.

en.wikipedia.org...

His thought experiment is that you lock a cat in a perfectly sealed box, and have a cat-killing device triggered by a quantum event (a decay of a radioactive isotope). if the event goes one way, the cat will be killed. if it goes the other way, the cat will be spared.

According to quantum mechanics, so long as the box is sealed, and you cannot observe what has happened, the cat will continue to exist in a juxtaposition of states. Dead and alive. Neither dead nor alive. Just indeterminate.

Now suppose there is another observer, who is in a box where you can't interact with them. Suppose they peek into the box and see the cat is alive. But they don't tell you, and you never interact with them.

From your perspective the cat is still dead/alive. The other observer has seen/not-seen it dead/alive.

Now you peek into the box and see that the cat is dead.

Later on, all the boxes are removed, you and the other observer compare notes, and you both agree the cat is alive. You meet the cat and can see it happily playing with some string.

But..... you still have this memory of looking into the box and seeing the cat was dead.....

Maybe that is just plain something that happens sometimes when a quantum event plays out on the large scale?

Maybe there was a moment while Mandela was in prison where one of his jailers had to make a decision, and he/she was so unsure which way to go that the decision literally was made by a single photon in his/her brain??

But until you hear about it, his death/life is all happening in a box far away in South Africa. Just like the cat.
edit on 19-5-2017 by bloodymarvelous because: edited to make the jailer gender neutral

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I haven't checked out the link, I don't do videos that often.

Imo that the questioning the world of the Berenstein bears can be uncomfortable because it's a reminder that our measurements are only good as the tools we use to measure with...
edit on 19-5-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: Grammer

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
[SNIPPED]
edit on 5.20.2017 by Kandinsky because: Removed by request.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Many think the Mandela Effect can be explained by quantum physics.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
it's a reminder that our measurements are only good as the tools we use to measure with...

..and our measurements only reflect actuality when an observation is made.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

it's a reminder that our measurements are only good as the tools we use to measure with...

..and our measurements only reflect actuality when an observation is made.

Yes, sometimes it's a fine line too.

Going back to when I started experimenting with taking voice notes.I wasn't aware of how close, it could be.I used to suspect that others were behaving dishonest with me, at times.After seeing how far apart my the awareness of my own actions were from the actuality of the data, I began trying to be practice behaving more humble with others.Looking into it more myself, was a reminder just how deeply the mind influences the world around us.

It's easier for me to give others the benefit of the doubt now.So I may have a difference of opinion of the way something went down, though it doesn't rule out the possibility that someone else honestly believes their version.I forget, and it still catches me off guard occasionally.

Idk, if others are picking up what I'm laying down.Basically one's consciousness can be considered a limiting factor when it comes to applying the scientific method.It's like the difference between using fractions and decimals, when crunching numbers for example.

I was thinking about the people posing by the statue.I imagine it's easier to figure that they thought the statue appeared the way they had posed.Ditto for the photographer taking the picture.Like, maybe they believed it was there and took for granted it may not have changed.Sight vs vision.

On the other hand, perhaps the statue really was the way they saw it.It's harder to imagine that the statue had physically changed since that time. I think the photographer would have mentioned something to the subject. Hmmmm, perhaps it's a similar dynamic playing out in the Macrocosm.I'll have to practice contemplating that some more...

It works in my personal paradigm. I've experienced some really unusual things before, so this phenomena hasn't been on my radar until recently.

edit on 21-5-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

edit on 21-5-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Regarding the Rodin picture....could it just be that she has nothing to sit on, combined with the very familiar Charles Atlas stance?

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

edit on 21-5-2017 by singingbones because: So long since I posted, I forgot how it works!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well yeah! the whole world is effected by some ME, but the ME where ignorant Americans think Australia moved doesn't effect anyone who grew up anywhere near that area ... even though some Americans think nearby Mexico and Brazil has moved too .. but no Mexicans or Brazilians were involved in that ME either ....

Dr John Dee, a philosopher, alchemist and mathematician was introduced to her, and became her most trusted and brilliant advisor. He was the man who inspired Shakespeare to create the character of Prospero from The Tempest, and the inspiration for Ian Flemings James Bond...

www.woe.edu.pl...

With quantum physics, it is possible they moved and yet did not move.

edit on 21-5-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So let me ask this - Caldwell Bankers or Coldwell Bankers? Many remember Caldwell (I do) - yet it is Coldwell. In fact, my browser is trying to auto-correct Coldwell to Caldwell in this post, and it's showing Caldwell as a correct spelling.

On many employment sites, advertisements, etc.. people who -work- for Coldwell bankers have it written as Caldwell in the recent past. Apparently bad memory even effects people who have worked for the company for years, and have their LinkedIn and other important sites with the incorrect spelling. There are a ton of traces of Caldwell online that can be found. While I think there are many common misspellings and people do forget things, I find some of them intriguing. This one in particular I remember because I recall as a kid, having difficulty saying Caldwell.

It's named after Colbert Coldwell however.. who founded this in 1906. So.. does ME change family names as well? Or are we just -that- forgetful. And are there -that- many people who misspell their own company, or put advertisements out with their company name wrong, and we just didn't notice it in the past?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Where do the fish keep their money?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

a reply to: fleabit

Where do the fish keep their money?

Umm.. in a river bank? O.o

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>