It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump in NYC says Australia has better health care -- it has a universal coverage system

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Trump met with Prime minister who cares from Australia, and said the health care in Australia is better than health care in the US. He was talking a couple of hours after the House passed a bill to repeal the ACA.

President Trump praised Australia's health care system as better than the United States' system after meeting with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull in Manhattan on Thursday evening, hours after the U.S. House passed a bill repealing and replacing portions of Obamacare.

Australia has universal health care. And he is right it is better in both price and patient outcome. Trump said that we are going to have great health care soon.

www.cbsnews.com...
There's just one catch for the Republican president -- Australia has a universal health care system, which is largely publicly funded. Mr. Trump said the House GOP's health care bill, the American Health Care Act, "could change a little bit" in the Senate, or perhaps become "even better."

Adding that Australia has better health care than the U.S. currently does, he said, "We're going to have great health care very soon."

+14 more 
posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yes it has.

Profit based health care is just so wrong. It puts patients at the mercy of greedy Industrialists.

P

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I was running around doing stuff.

So I thought I heard him incorrectly.

He's learning about healthcare.

Maybe this is the way the US will have to go.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Can you explain how it works?

I've never really paid that much attention to all this. Until now.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

If we didn't have so many darned deadbeats and so much bureaucratic waste, fraud, and abuse, maybe a medicare type tax for all could work, but with 380,000,000 people including illegal immigrants, it would be a fiasco, imo.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

It comes from a levy (medicare levy) that is attached to taxes. It is 2%.

Different rates exist if you also have private health cover.

Many people have private insurance to avoid waiting lists that apply to non-urgent procedures.

My son is in hospital right now with high BP and convulsions. At least when he leaves hospital, he does not have to worry about a bill.

If you want to know more, then google 'Medicare Australia, how it works'.

P

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Thank you for replying.

I just left and googled it.

Reading it now. So far it sounds pretty good.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

OK , but will he go for universal health care ??. Oh hell no!!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Do you have solid numbers for you dead beats comment? Like a source?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Do you have solid numbers for you dead beats comment? Like a source?

No.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I agree. I would like to see a medicare for all option. I can't see the value in profits being taken from this segment of out economy.

And that doesn't mean R+D is cut, that is a scare tactic that is often used.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Ok good, was your statement just fun to say?

Or do you listen to limbaugh ( I used to) and buy the conservative stuff?

+5 more 
posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

If we didn't have so many darned deadbeats and so much bureaucratic waste, fraud, and abuse, maybe a medicare type tax for all could work, but with 380,000,000 people including illegal immigrants, it would be a fiasco, imo.

Actually, the bigger the tax pool, the easier the system should be.

If illegal immigrants pay taxes they would add to the pool.

Your big problem is actually the drive for profits in a purely greed driven system.

P

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I don't understand; how is it wrong to believe that both the Australian healthcare system is right for Australia and at the same time the AHA is right for the US? How are the two thoughts exclusive to each other? The last I check Australia was not the US and visa versa; they both have their own unequa challenges.

Now this is not to say the AHA is right for the US. Just that praising the Australian system for Australia is not an implication on the AHA.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

There are many many systems round the world that the US can study.

The whole thing is we are told the US has the best health care even though study after study say other countries do it better and cheaper.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

what other industries are "wrong" to make profits?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I don't understand; how is it wrong to believe that both the Australian healthcare system is right for Australia and at the same time the AHA is right for the US? How are the two thoughts exclusive to each other? The last I check Australia was not the US and visa versa; they both have their own unequa challenges.

Now this is not to say the AHA is right for the US. Just that praising the Australian system for Australia is not an implication on the AHA.

I just listened to President Trump's comments to the press with the Australian pm sitting next to him. He said that right now with what we currently have, Australia's health care system is better, BUT, we are about to have really good health care soon. I don't think he was advocating for a single-payer system.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

what other industries are "wrong" to make profits?

All the ones people depend on to live!

Food, housing, electronics .... hmm education maybe.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: DanDanDat

I just listened to President Trump's comments to the press with the Australian pm sitting next to him. He said that right now with what we currently have, Australia's health care system is better, BUT, we are about to have really good health care soon. I don't think he was advocating for a single-payer system.

That makes more sence.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Theres downsides to any plan for healthcare. And generally i prefer minimal government. I might be ok with socialized healthcare. Maybe. Not totally sold. Id be concerned that they would refuse to treat me because I have a difficult to diagnose condition. Now they at least have to half listen to me since i pay them. Otoh, it sure would be simpler for most of us than the quagmire that is medical care in the US currently. And personally id likely benefit due to health issues, though not everyone would and im not really into making other people pay for my stuff.

Probably better would be to make healthcare a not for profit industry (which doesnt prevent people from making money, just limits corporate profits), and have government get out of the way. They only made a bad situation worse with obamacare.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join