It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELLO ATSONIANS! I need your help!! (AND this is my intro).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Hello ATSONIANS..

I am here at 2am PST because I have been researching in depth as to why my sleep paralysis dreams are now turning into me being in a dream, falling asleep in my dream, and having sleep paralysis in the dream in the dream. So confusing I know. This just started a couple weeks ago and I don't know what to do. They sleep paralysis was bad enough, but now I'm dreaming about having it within another dream? Unbelievable. I've always suffered from strange dreams but I also have always had insomnia. I started taking Ambian about 4 years ago and since then, I wasn't remembering my dreams at all; to the point of basically I could say, "I don't dream anymore". Which was fine for me because my dreams have never been fun anyway. So killing two birds with one stone, Ambian stopped my lack of sleep and nightmares. Now, this is happening and I don't like it.... one bit.

Does anyone else experience this? What do you think is happening? Maybe I'm just too used to my meds now, and I need to talk to my Dr about a new sleep medication? Ugh. I'm so tired. I just wanna sleep, ATSONIANS.

Help?

Kindly, MJT (soon to be) MJC

P.S.
A little about me for an intro:

I'm 37, currently not working and graduated from UNLV with a BA in Psych did my AA in Psych at CSN in just 1.3 years and the BA in just 3 years (full time). Currently looking for a job I can enjoy and be paid well for. I have an extensive resume and experience but it's hard out here in Vegas right now. I'm newly engaged (03.18.17) to the love of my life. We have known each other 12 years and gave the romantic thing a shot again back in May 2015. We became an official couple on Aug 6th 2015 and now engaged on March 18th 2017. I am happy, for the most part. Just typical money money money, I need money, issues, but we aren't broke by any means. So not so stressed out that I'm having these dreams. I live in Las Vegas, NV. And have been here since May 2001. My maternal grandparents live here and my Mom and SDAD are here, too. 4 dogs, nice happy life. I

Interests:
Music (Lady Gaga)
TV (Gilmore Girls)
Video Games (XBOX and now PS4 and VR)(and other consoles and steam)
Spending time with my family.
Cooking.
Spending time with my fiancé.
Reading.
Psychological stuff.
Hoping to go back and finish my masters sooner than later.

OK that is all for now.

edit on 5/1/2017 by tehgurl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Hey there! Welcome to ATS!

I use to get sleep paralysis on a fairly regular basis several times a week.....

I found that when my body is very physically tired , more often than not it would occur....

This became so apparent that I began doing things to test it....strenuous workouts and exhausting me body followed by deprov By myself of sleep....bingo bango, sleep paralysis incident every time....

Many times i would have dreams like yours.....

I would say it's most def your sleep meds as they are such a strong sedative:.:/.

I wouldn't worry much though I don't subscribe it to anything nefarious as many others do.....

Just work on shutting your brain down a bit better at night and make sure your body is getting energy ugh rest!

Again welcome to ATS and congrats on your engagement

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Thats sounds.... complicated!

Seems like you duplicate 2 energy bodies at the same time and be aware of it.
All I can say is try to travel out of your physical body as soon you realize you have sleep paralysis. Different methods can be used but reading your story it should be easy for you to use the rope method: Robert Bruce has written excellent articles you can find online.
Good luck and happy travels!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tehgurl

Ambien. Side effects. 100%. Change meds.

MS
EMT
Adv. Life Support

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Look up narcolepsy. Chronic sleep paralysis is a symptom.
Do you find you are taking naps or are always sleepy?

They have medication now.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Of course it could also be you're being abducted by aliens who are messing with your brain chemistry.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Hi tehgurl, and welcome to ATS.

Congratulations on the engagement, and getting ready to take the next step.

Reading about your experiences with sleep paralysis, consider looking back a couple weeks ago, and seeing if anything changed in your routine, or if any particular events come to mind.That may give you some clues to what's happening there.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Please... if you have not been introduced to them yet, please familiarize yourself with 'Float Tanks'.

I'd almost bet that your genetic makeup or environmental experience(s) cause an inability to go unprotected into REM sleep. Maybe a slight noise, or being uncomfortable urges these symptoms too?

The point is, that in float therapy, you are introduced to sensory deprivation... and it is an express train to allowing the mind to find it's restful state.

This might sound like some crackpot advice, but give it a try for about 6 sessions and you'll likely be off all meds... maybe even addictions too if they are at play. Float therapy is said to be 80% effective to opiate addicts. I am by no means indicating you're an addict.

Float therapy helps many areas... muscle soreness, mental, neurolgical... you name it.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Look up narcolepsy. Chronic sleep paralysis is a symptom.
Do you find you are taking naps or are always sleepy?

They have medication now.

Hey, my fiance has narcolepsy and is on medication for it. Xyrem, to be exact. He thinks I have it too. I really need to do a sleep study.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Hey there! Welcome to ATS!

I use to get sleep paralysis on a fairly regular basis several times a week.....

I found that when my body is very physically tired , more often than not it would occur....

This became so apparent that I began doing things to test it....strenuous workouts and exhausting me body followed by deprov By myself of sleep....bingo bango, sleep paralysis incident every time....

Many times i would have dreams like yours.....

I would say it's most def your sleep meds as they are such a strong sedative:.:/.

I wouldn't worry much though I don't subscribe it to anything nefarious as many others do.....

Just work on shutting your brain down a bit better at night and make sure your body is getting energy ugh rest!

Again welcome to ATS and congrats on your engagement

Hey!

I am wondering about this, too; over exhausted and stressed out. But, the opposite actually. I think it's due to NOT being in life enough. I am on hiatus from working and, being finished with college, I am .... bored. I cant find a job that I as a person, deserve. After many many years of experience and now a degree, I am finding it very difficult in finding a good job. This really made me think about this, thank you. I think my body is too rested and bored. I honestly think that is what is happening now. I will have to test this once I finally start working again, or go back for my masters; whatever comes first!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ahamarlin

All I can say is try to travel out of your physical body as soon you realize you have sleep paralysis. Different methods can be used but reading your story it should be easy for you to use the rope method: Robert Bruce has written excellent articles you can find online.

This is an interesting thought. Thank you. I will have to really think about this, the next time it occurs. I will read up on the rope method. Thank you!!!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ahamarlin

This is an interesting thought. Thank you. I will have to really think about this, the next time it occurs. I will read up on the rope method. Thank you!!!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml

Hi tehgurl, and welcome to ATS.

Congratulations on the engagement, and getting ready to take the next step.

Reading about your experiences with sleep paralysis, consider looking back a couple weeks ago, and seeing if anything changed in your routine, or if any particular events come to mind.That may give you some clues to what's happening there.

Thank you! I will definitely start keeping a little journal on things that are going on in my wake life, to see if this is what is occurring in my sleep life. Thank you! I am so excited about my new adventure. Maybe that has something to do with my sleep disruptions; marriage is exciting but also nervous making, haha.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

Please... if you have not been introduced to them yet, please familiarize yourself with 'Float Tanks'.

I'd almost bet that your genetic makeup or environmental experience(s) cause an inability to go unprotected into REM sleep. Maybe a slight noise, or being uncomfortable urges these symptoms too?

The point is, that in float therapy, you are introduced to sensory deprivation... and it is an express train to allowing the mind to find it's restful state.

This might sound like some crackpot advice, but give it a try for about 6 sessions and you'll likely be off all meds... maybe even addictions too if they are at play. Float therapy is said to be 80% effective to opiate addicts. I am by no means indicating you're an addict.

Float therapy helps many areas... muscle soreness, mental, neurolgical... you name it.

Interesting. I've never heard of float therapy. I will look it up today. No addict here, but it could at the very least help me in trying to get rid of my sleep meds, and sleep on my own. I've been an insomniac since I was a little girl, literally for as long as I can remember, I have always had an issue with falling asleep, staying asleep etc. I just in the past few years finally reached out to my Dr and asked for medication assistance. Thank you, again!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I only saw a commercial for big pharmaceutical about the condition.
It is one of the symptoms they listed.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

It's been around since the 70's, but only now making a push to the main stream. I'd look into the ones that have 90 minute sessions, and allow for a good 3-6 sessions to take affect... just trying to concentrate on breathing slowly.

I can relate to a lot of the sleeplessness for as long as can be remembered. I had a lot of hallucinations frequently and what not, and dreams kept waking me up. Meditation was what 1st taught me to quiet the mind, and thereafter learned that there is no better way to meditate then to enjoy float therapy... its like allowing the mind to return to the state of when it was in the womb... but in the adult stages of life. When the flight or flight responses shut down after the senses, it brings the only time that true stillness is achieved.

May I ask, that if you try it... that you report back to me and let me know how it went? This is my field of study now, and the feedback would be invaluable and greatly appreciated. I am curious in your case as well, because it seems you've experienced a similar sleep history as I have... and we are the same age. For me, the necessity came from not being able to push through with endless energy in my 30's quite like was the case in the teens and 20's. I refuse pills, so it lead me to these paths. A lot of the energy started coming back after float therapy... it even changed how I eat and everything... clear thought seems to come back easier.

Best of luck with it if you go for trying it... I think you'll find it to be something that isn't a one time deal.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

Sorry no help on the main issue of stilling your mind. But I can testify to the light-sound machine's effectiveness. If you don't have photo triggered epilepsy that is. They sync your brain activity to a pattern through flashing lights and binaural beats. After a few sessions you figure out how to do this and start calming down. Worked wonders on my sleep cycle.

Now, not only can I fall asleep but if I do pop awake I can put it on and finish my night! That helps when there is 18 hours of daylight!!

Best of luck! Glad you are here on ATS!

ETA: Love The Gilmore Girls!! My "guilty pleasure".
edit on 4-5-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Lorelai, duh!

top topics

join