It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Color Picker Reversed In Gimp (PhotoShop)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just checked gimp and mine looks just like yours does now.
a reply to: Pearj

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gimcrackery

Thank you for responding - did yours look like the second image previously?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Note to all..

I wrote an email to the folks at Gimp (gimp-gui mailing list) asking them about the change.

Might be interesting..

I'll post here if I get a response.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
adobe illustrator color pallette still :

top left : #fff
bottom left: #000

if it changes i freak out

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: heineken

Thank you for responding.

To my recollection, all of them (PS, Gimp, Illustrator) were all 000 on bottom, fff top left. I assumed it was an industry standard. Even flash was like that back in the day (macomedia).

I did freak a little when it changed (I was just using gimp before I shut down the night before). It's beyond strange when it happens to physical things on your desk, then to your desktop itself.

From what it's looking like, only Gimp installs changed (both linux and windows) - yet Gimp's help pages still show black on bottom for the current stable version - all GIS's show black on left (very strange) as though it's always been that way.

----

Still haven't heard back from the Gimp team.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

thank you for reporting!

so is this still an open ticket ?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

They use Bugzilla - a CRM I've used in the past that I personally don't like.. also, this isn't a bug per-se.

So I opened a 'ticket' with their GUI team.. works as a mailing list (I'm on the mailing list). They're responsible for any front end changes so I assume they'll know it well..

It hasn't been approved yet, so I'm still waiting for it to go out to the masses - but will report back with whatever they say (will screenshot or provide link if it's published where non-members can view).

I wish they used github or google code / groups lol, it'd be a lot quicker - but they're old-school. It's late now, so they may not respond till tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
tnks for clarifying..

still i was referring to an open ticket with the mandela thingy

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Oh, I gotcha - yep still an open case!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: PearjIt's knowledge, not a memory.

All knowledge is a memory.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Exactly, thank you!

Some folks think Mandela Effects are just incorrect recollections of the distant past.

..But for the Effected, many 'memories' are often related to things they use, do or see everyday (aka knowledge).

I use the example of driving to and from work each day. You don't have to look at a map everyday because you "know" the way.

Consider how it would feel if that path suddenly changed and had always been that way. That's how the Effected feel - it's jaw-dropping.

Sometimes I wonder if the uneffected have just jailed their mind to "it's impossible" and therefore 'auto-refuse' anything to the contrary. Or, they don't trust themselves.. There are examples on ATS of people saying they remember it one way, but the fact that it's different now 'proves' their knowledge wrong - therefore the ME is bogus. I'm more prone to thinking some people are boxed in their comfort zone - vs a section of the population transferred universes.

I guess this thread is an example of trusting knowledge. I'd been working in Gimp with the color picker for days, then a few mornings ago it changed for no reason. I've worked with Gimp in the same way since 2004 and I'm a fairly involved user.. even won 2nd place in a Fark photoshop contest a few years back.

So you could say I 'know' my image manipulation programs - and this change stands out vividly.

I know for a fact it was black was on the bottom..

..but what was "fact" is now "fluid".

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

My point is your memory is simply off.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yeah - I know.

I thought I'd use it as an opportunity.

Did you get my point?

..or was it auto-rejected.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Sometimes I wonder if this was a test via computer perhaps to adjust memory. We have been experimented on in the past and it is pretty clear it is still happening. If we are told something is possible now we can be pretty sure it was possible much earlier and is being used for secret programs.
They may have gotten the idea from aliens the same type of technology used in Men in Black movies.

Senator SCHWEIKER. Subproject 54, MKULTRA, which involved examination of techniques in causing brain concussions and amnesia by using weapons or sound waves to strike individuals without giving warning and without leaving any clear physical marks

www.usa-anti-communist.com...

Enhance, delete, incept: Manipulating hippocampus-dependent memories☆

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
US Patent 6506148 – Nervous system manipulation by electromagnetic fields from monitors
spktruth2power.wordpress.com...

A definitive study published early this year has now claimed memory adjustment from the domain of fiction: Researchers were able to modify the distant recollections of fear in mice, opening the way to novel PTSD therapeutics in the future.

www.scientificamerican.com...
www.mindcontrolforums.com...
Interesting page with timeline of experiments

(A) "A method for Remote Control of Electrical Stimulation of the Nervous System", a monograph by Drs. E.L. Chaffee and R.U. Light.

(B) Experiments in Distant Influence, a book by Soviet Professor Leonid L. Vasiliev. He also wrote the article "Critical Evaluation of the Hypnogenic Method" concerning the work of Dr. I. F. Tomashevsky on experiments in remote control of the brain.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Dissecting gamma frequency activity during human memory processing.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
edit on 28-4-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2017 by SeaWorthy because: add

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I understood. I just see no evidence for it. Note, I don't find the idea itself crazy, I just literally see nothing to suggest the Mandela effect has anything to do with it.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Hey man, long time no see! I hear ya - all explinations are possible (no matter how far out) until something concrete is proven.

If it's mind control then it would seem like we should all have something in common. For instance, I was in the Air Force - maybe I was "infected" there, but not all Effected were in the military. Now that I think about it, GMO food would be a way to infect masses.

I have wondered at the mind control thing though, because sometimes it feels like I have competing knowledge on certain subjects (it's a strange feeling).

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Got a response from the Gimp GUI group.

This is now a confirmed Mandela Effect.

They stated theirs (2.8.20) is black on left and that the dev branch is still black on bottom. They gave no indication this was a push or update. They are thinking it's a bug. There's no discernible way it could of changed so a bug report is going to be difficult.

It changed on my 2.8.14 and for another user here on their windows machine, so the Effect is cross-platform.

All image searches show black on the left - as though it's always been that way (some of the screen shots are old).

The correspondence shows one of my email addresses and another person's address. After some consideration, if I screenshot it and fuzz out the addresses, people here will think I photoshoped the body text, so a screenshot is of little to no value.

Here's a bit of the text:

As I said in my previous email, I just test on 2.8.20 and I also notice the black on the left, same as you. Master still has black on the bottom, which kind of make me believe even more that it's just a bug. I can't say though if that were different before. But the fact the help pages also show it with black on bottom (I haven't verified, but if you say so?) is a good hint that it has changed.

Keep in mind when reading that, that they are coming from a usability stance only (no ME was mentioned). Their main focus is if the gradient direction is a usability issue, and to get me to fill out a bug report because it's changed.

If the bug report is more anonymous I may post that.

-----

Edit to add:

This detail is important. The person I was talking with at Gimp is stating theirs is black on left. They gave their version number and it's the current stable version. The images on the help pages and wiki are of the current stable version.

That means he has the same version as what's shown on the help pages. His is black on left, but images of his version on the help pages are black on bottom.

That's pretty freaky, and I thought I should clarify why I'm confirming this as a Mandela Effect.

edit on 28-4-2017 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I have wondered at the mind control thing though, because sometimes it feels like I have competing knowledge on certain subjects (it's a strange feeling).

As do I. Still I know it is being worked on and they would have a need to experiment. I feel it is odd the free modems that we received a few years back from our internet provider, they flash as though sending info all day and night even when everything is off. I asked the service guys who set it up why and didn't it only flash like that when sending information, and they looked at each other and one said well was the premise.

Not sure what to think only that it is a real phenomenon. Some like the change in Sally "Field"(s) speech stands out as wow to us.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I'm with you 100%.

But I want to clarify ISPs often send out a type of "helo" for their NAT tables which identify bottle necks so traffic is routed to the least congesting path. They also use name servers which send out checks regularly to update their name-to-ip resolution. The receive light on your modem should pulse with an amber color occasionally. When receive blinks green you are receiving a chain of packets.

If send is lit green when your box should be down or if eth0 is off then there's cause for alarm.

I'm pretty sure help-desk folks at ISPs don't have that level of training.. eg: I called my ISP about dropped packets and they had no idea at all what I was talking about.

-----

Reeves is another one.. I actually own the movie Somewhere In Time.. It's in my top 10 favorite movies. South America is my "beyond wow" moment though.

I'll never forget the day I saw the change in position - it was the moment I lost my "reality innocence" - the day everything changed. A flower no more.

-----

Edit to add an update: I'm working on the bug report now for this thread's Mandela Effect (so this post doesn't get removed for being off topic).

edit on 28-4-2017 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
hey good progress

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join