It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Get to Mars during my first term': Donald Trump talks to Nasa astronauts in livestream

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Man...what if this administration does find aliens on mars though?

I am not sure if we can build a space wall

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Just send a bunch of people there first that know before hand it's gonna be a one-way trip with no coming back. They can do the early leg work for specific jobs once they are trained properly for that 1 specific job. People would sign up I bet.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You sure know how to dump on the parade.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
We can't even get to the moon, I have no faith of us getting to Mars anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Damned commie!

You probably want to build a "space bridge".

Danged illegal aliens.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
War, Wall, Mars mission....

I think even Trumps fans are now seeing how out to lunch he is.

He can't even get his own party to support his grandiose BS.
edit on 24-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nah. They're covering the Wall.
Canada will pay for the Mars rocket.

Nah, Canada would politely decline.

... VERY politely!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Donald is a idiot and he doesn't know a thing about space stuff. He needs to stick to drawing pictures of cats, turnips and mice and other things that occupy the mind of a idiot.
edit on 24-4-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I've heard they will call it "Operation Don Apollo"

NASA always full of surprises.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Donald is a idiot and he doesn't know a thing about space stuff. He needs to stick to drawing pictures of cats, turnips and mice and other things that occupy the mind of a idiot.

If only all other presidents before him could do that... at least he has a drawing passion.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Personally I think he was just talking to talk (read that as, joking).

But: I think it would actually make a good thread of speculation done by one of you, a serious thread about it.

I know you all love your Trump jokes, NASA jokes, etc, and I highly doubt that even given a unlimited budget could NASA pull it off.

But, I think it would make a good serious thread: what would it take?

JFK charged NASA with landing a man on the Moon before the decade was out. He gave that speech only 20 days after the first American, Alan Shepard got into orbit.

8 years later Neil Armstrong stepped out onto the Moon.

So in only 8 years, we went from barely putting someone into low Earth orbit, to someone walking around on the Moon, and while yah, the Moon is only 3 days away, the technical challenge to do that was huge.

Now.....since then we (humans) have had over 40 years to think about how to put someone on Mars.

Could what Trump said be done? I think that would make a good thread if any of you were serious about it (IE no "secret space navy" or secret tech. No stupid Trump jokes, NASA jokes. A by goodness actual serious thread with serious discussion).

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Mars will build a wall to keep earthlings out and we will be forced to pay for it.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

You don't even understand basic grammar, yet you are calling the President "a idiot", sounds about right. And "space stuff", I'm sure your knowledge of "space stuff" is vast and dwarfs the President's.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

Just send a bunch of people there first that know before hand it's gonna be a one-way trip with no coming back. They can do the early leg work for specific jobs once they are trained properly for that 1 specific job. People would sign up I bet.

The one specific job in that scenario would be 'survival.' Anyone who goes would have to be able to wear many hats and adapt to many different requirements. How do you train people to perform work in an entirely new environment unlike anything that can be 100% replicated on Earth?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It's true. Trump has the technology to get to Mars. In fact, there's one of these docked on the other side of the moon...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

You don't even understand basic grammar, yet you are calling the President "a idiot", sounds about right. And "space stuff", I'm sure your knowledge of "space stuff" is vast and dwarfs the President's.

I know that there is space between my right hand this glass of vodka..So that's probably twice as much "space stuff" than Trump knows. The guy is a clown, voted in by clowns.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Phage

Or he has had in depth meetings with NASA and they are on board with Trump/s timeline. And the technology we know about is a sliver of what NASA has not on the drawing board, but on the launch pads.

I love how Trump supporters constantly carry water for him like he knows so much more than what we do.....

Attributing knowledge to a man who has shown NO SIGN of it, other than the fact that they support him and hes the president...

DESPITE the fact hes consistently proven that he has no idea what hes talking (Ie. Recently re-negging on getting out of NATO after admitting during his campaign he didnt know ANYTHING about NATO and now no longer things we should leave it)

Just.........stop.........stop........

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: whywhynot

Maybe the President of the USA knows something that we don't

Or, he knows very little about what it takes to put people on Mars.

Putting people on Mars really isn't that hard, we could easily do it now without a doubt.

Getting them back to Earth is the issue.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Ex-President Bush beta announced the plan to put people on Mars when he was still President.

First goal, finish the ISS by 2010.
Second goal, develop and test the Crew Exploration Vehicle by 2008 and complete a mission by 2014.
Third goal, return to the moon by 2020 and use skills learned there to propel human expiditions to Mars.

"With the experience and knowledge gained on the moon we will then be ready to take the next steps of space exploration, human missions to Mars and to worlds beyond."

If Trump wants it done within his first term then that would be within the plan Bush laid down.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Can space be 100% replicated anywhere but space?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join