It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Trump telling the truth when he said he had sent an armada on April 10th?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
O.k so I know this has been much discussed but I just dont buy the official story the press have run with... So far what we have done is focus on the aircraft carrier and not on what Trump Actually said. so lets look at the quote

BARTIROMO: You redirected navy ships to go toward the Korean Peninsula. 1*) what we are doing now in terms of North Korea?
RUMP: You never know, do you? You never know.
BARTIROMO: That's all (INAUDIBLE)...
TRUMP: You know I don't think about the military.
BARTIROMO: Yes.
TRUMP: 2*) I'm not like Obama, where they talk about in four months we're waiting -- we're going to hit Mosul.
BARTIROMO: Right.
TRUMP: 3*) And in the meantime, they get ready and like you've never seen -- look, they're still fighting. Mosul was supposed to last for a week and now they've been fighting it for many months and so many more people died. 4*) I don't want to talk about it. We are sending an armada, very powerful. We have submarines, very powerful, far more powerful than the aircraft carrier, that I can tell you. And we have the best military people on Earth. And I will say this. He is doing the wrong thing. He is doing the wrong thing.
BARTIROMO: Do you...
TRUMP: He's making a big mistake.
BARTIROMO: -- do you think he's mentally fit?
TRUMP: I don't know. I don't know. I don't know him. But he's doing the wrong thing.

1* Bartiromo is clearly asking what's happening now.
2* Trump seems to be clarifying he is talking about immediate plans
3* Trump goes on to justify why he feels things need to happen now.
4* Is the bit I'm drawing attention to, he specifies "We have submarines, very powerful, far more powerful than the aircraft carrier" is he telling us he has sent ICBM subs there already? seems prudent....... but he also highlights they are far more powerful than THE aircraft carrier....

Was trump saying don't panic about the aircraft carrier..... thats not heading straight there, we have subs in place ready??

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: urbanfox

Yes, he did. By definition....

"ARMADA"-WIKIPEDIA

en.wikipedia.org...

"Armada is the Portuguese and Spanish word for naval fleet, or an adjective meaning 'armed'; Armáda (pronounced) is the Czech and Slovak word for armed forces."

'welcome....MS

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The battle group was ordered to head to Korea, and it's on its way. He never specified when it would be there. They cancelled their stop in Australia after their exercise and headed to the Korean area.

There are probably subs always in the area. They have several forward deployed. Parts of Submarine Squadron 15 are based at Guam.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
donald j trump always tells the truth, even when he lies! *tony montana scarface voice*

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Carrier fleets always have a submarine component traveling with them.
His hint about how powerful they are, was mainly so they don't become 'alarmed'.

We would imagine China will not take kindly to submarines skulking around its newly built islands and looming up on the coast of Korea.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Don't think he cares what the press thinks. What matters is what Fat-boy thinks.

I can't see anything wrong with lying to the press, they will run to Fat-boy or his representatives to see what they think.

The press can't be trusted. Just give them the current public propaganda and keep your cards close to you. Everyone will find out whats what when the cards are laid on the table.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Donald Trump (unlike his predecessor) never broadcasts to the enemy (i.e. CNN, NYT, Russia, Korea, etc..) exact plans or timelines. He also throws fake bones at these enemies, when need be.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer
Fat-boy, Lyin' Ted, Crooked Hillary...

Trump must be acting Presidential because he has not given Bad Haircut Boy a public nickname.

He hasn't even compared his hands against fatties little cartoon nubs.

Imagine if he always called him Fat Boy in front of the world. That would be a laugh. But of course Kimmy would like that because he would identify it with the A bomb.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am pretty sure it always policy to not tell the press or anyone where the subs are or what they are doing. That is the whole point of having subs - to remain hidden

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I figure Subs were sent right away. And we know he extended the tour of the carl vincent by 30 days, So this was done specifically to get them into south China sea. So we know they were sent just didnt say when and no reason to really. Because then the press start talking about war and attacking oh wait they did that.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Could ICBMs be even used in short distance? And wouldn't it be simpler and cheaper to use tomahawks with nuclear warheads?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

There are no longer nuclear armed Tomahawks. They were removed from service by 2013.

Theoretically an ICBM could be used for short range, but the shorter the range the harder it would be to hit just because of the trajectory involved.
edit on 4/21/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
and what if the North Korean dictator thought that this "armada" was in the vicinity and was ordered to take him out with a military strike? he then gets freaked out and fires his nukes at Seoul , would trump tweet that he was just kidding?.....

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

North Korea doesn't get their news on ship locations from online anymore than we do on what they're up to.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

North Korea doesn't get their news on ship locations from online anymore than we do on what they're up to.

but they do monitor outside communications

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Of course they do. But that's not their sole point of information.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
and what if the North Korean dictator thought that this "armada" was in the vicinity and was ordered to take him out with a military strike? he then gets freaked out and fires his nukes at Seoul , would trump tweet that he was just kidding?.....

He can't launch any Nuclear strike, at best a dirty bomb. His test fires are too bid to fit on a missile.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
April 10 is just April 1 with a zero behind it.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Reports in South Korea claim the US President is bolstering the deployment by sending the USS Ronald Reagan and the USS Nimitz to the Sea of Japan next week

www.9news.com.au...

The US Navy have directed a nuclear submarine to pass through the Panama Canal.

I would not put much stock in media reports of ship movements but imagine if they really did send 3 carrier groups, extra subs along with Japanese naval vessels and no doubt Royal Australian naval vessels, that would certainly qualify as an armada

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

There's a big exercise going on with Korean and US forces. It wouldn't be the first time three carriers have been together for an exercise off Korea.

I have absolutely no idea what a sub passing through the Panama Canal has to do with either Korea or Syria though. They do occasionally change from PACFLT to LANTFLT and vice versa, which would mean passing through the canal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join