It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps successor: Let the speculation begin.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: xuenchen
Question:

If Pence is made President in let's say, 2019, gets elected in 2020, can he run in 2024?

Yes. Term limits on a President are two full terms or a maximum of 10 years.

Hmm. Don't think I've ever seen that "10 year" limit in the 25th Amendment.

If the president died 3 days into his term and the VP took over, then that new president was re-elected twice, does that mean he or she would have to resign half-way through their second elected term?

He wouldn't be allowed to run for the second term.

OK -- that's right. That's in the 22nd. I always default to the "Kennedy" 25th when issues of succession come up and forget about the 22nd...

You are correct.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Aazadan

Question:

If Pence is made President in let's say, 2019, gets elected in 2020, can he run in 2024?

Yes. Term limits on a President are two full terms or a maximum of 10 years.

Hmm. Don't think I've ever seen that "10 year" limit in the 25th Amendment.

If the president died 3 days into his term and the VP took over, then that new president was re-elected twice, does that mean he or she would have to resign half-way through their second elected term?

He wouldn't be allowed to run for the second term.

OK -- that's right. That's in the 22nd. I always default to the "Kennedy" 25th when issues of succession come up and forget about the 22nd...

You are correct.

I will extend my hand from the middle left, we need to start talking to each other, the fringe has taken over our political system.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Whoever it is, i hope it is someone who will not cause such a downfall on the quality of ATS as a forum and fill it up fights and topic after topic about the same man or woman.

Why even care? shouldn't the real power be in shadow governments, multinational corporations, bankers, illuminati and the like?

But i throw in a guess anyway. Trump will be re-elected in the next presidential election and then followed by a woman.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: nwtrucker

Pence isn't being attacked because Pence, arch-conservative though he is, is not unstable.

I know you can't see it ... but Mr. Trump just isn't suited for the Office.

He has always had the wrong temperament.

The problem now is that his mind is starting to fail.

He won't be impeached: 25th Amendment Solution.

Elect me instead. if you really want the US to rule the world. all i ask in return is your futures.

edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: clearing up

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Question:

Yes.

And his clones can run in 2028 and 2032.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
We already have that in Trump. Look a bit deeper...

It's unfortunate Trump doesn't have the right temperment.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Hilly Clinton - that was the plan from the begining.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

You are easily the smartest person on the forums. The moment you said your a trump Supporter I knew that there was going to be meat on the table. Trump brings the meat. Not personally but because hes in office and not a non-american from some other country (Kenya) the econemy has turned around and once more here we are living the good life just like 1986 all over again thank you so much Dear Mister Reagan (the president during most of the 1980s for all you youngsters who dont remember it was good times back in the 1980s under the guise of Reagans jurisdiction. nobody wanted for anything. Music was plenty. Beer was flowing. Women were everywhere. Then misguided lefty libs elected a kenyan to be president of the USA and everything fell apart. Thanks obama).

I seriously hope that the usa has the smarts to elect trump for more than two terms because he's the only president worth having that weve had since reagan and bush.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Trump is the hardcore establishment type. Bomb. Bomb. Bomb. Good for oil and arms businesses.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ivana Trump

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Wishful Thinking.

We just gotta live with the pain. I'm preparing for a Depression, after looking around my town and how its getting worse.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Don't forget that Kanye West has thrown his hat into the ring for 2020......

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Having read what the Op wrote, and is asking about the Trump successor here is what can be stated:
There are certain truths in politics that we should all agree, and here are 2 of them:
1) All politicians lie.
2) The voters are like leaves, they go which ever way the wind is blowing.

With the current administration, here are the ultimate problems that are surfacing now: The president has too much suspicion on him with everything. Many of such could be resolved, if he would agree to release his current taxes, to demand and then stay out of any and all investigations, and to own up for whatever is revealed, for there to be a complete and utter separation between his family and their business, and for the first family to live in the White House.

Now the question I have been asking when it comes to the current president, is why is the man getting a free pass when it comes to him holding office, while others were put under a microscope? Why is his past, his actions totally ignored or even disregarded, when others have not done as much got the third degree for less?

Why fire officials from their positon, leaving the US in a far weaker stance, even before you have their replacements hired and in position to take over and keep a smooth running of those positions?

And the very people who he put in to fill positions, they are no better, rather looking like they are there to destroy the very departments that they are heading, as they are on the record as being against such.

His successor, in order to win, will have to revers e the damage that this man has done, that he will make strong alliances, with our very neighbors and the older allies of the USA, all the while trying to make peace with the very countries that despise and hate us. I know what the man would hope for, and it is starting to make sense and be horrifying at the same time. Personally I think he is going to try to run for a second term and then turn around and have one of his children take over and try to make this say a dynasty , like say a royal family.

Is that what you agreed to if you voted for the man, that he would take 2 terms and pass it onto one of his children and so forth, where they become a royal family?

As far as Pence, lets just say Pence was chosen to be VP for 2 reasons: 1) To deliver Indiana to Trump and to get people to vote for Trump, namely the religious right, who would view Pence as a good choice.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I'm not sure what leads you to believe that Pence is a full on Trump supporter. Pence is who the GOP chose to be Trump's running mate...simply because he actually holds x-tian values, quite unlike Trump. Pence is the man the GOP wants in the WH when Trump is inevitably impeached. He's not a Trump yes man.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Let just call his successor Stupid. That way I am right. Regardless of whoever it is that succeeds Trump.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Trump is a cult of personality, and it is that personality (and cult) that the backlash is against.

Except on official level, in which case the concern is he doesn't play the game. Problem with that is, there is no way he would devalue the currency his wealth is carried in. He's vested in the "establishment" one way or another. So there will be no auditing the fed, no massive overhauls of existing power structures, nothing more than executive orders, lots of action, and no real consequence (other than acting out and getting plenty of folks all frothy in the streets).

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Pence isn't being attacked because Pence, arch-conservative though he is, is not unstable.

I know you can't see it ... but Mr. Trump just isn't suited for the Office.

He has always had the wrong temperament.

The problem now is that his mind is starting to fail.

He won't be impeached: 25th Amendment Solution.

A late thought I would pose to you, Re: Pence not being 'unstable'. Ironic in that it was Trump that selected him. When is the last time an elected President actually picked a competent 'second'? Memory fails....LOL.

Just another indication of underestimating Trump on your part, I suspect.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
shoot i tell yall w eneed someone like me in there. Ill tell you the truth flat out. Lying sucks and is only good for little stories. HOUSE for president(a guy like that)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Trump is a cult of personality, and it is that personality (and cult) that the backlash is against.

Except on official level, in which case the concern is he doesn't play the game. Problem with that is, there is no way he would devalue the currency his wealth is carried in. He's vested in the "establishment" one way or another. So there will be no auditing the fed, no massive overhauls of existing power structures, nothing more than executive orders, lots of action, and no real consequence (other than acting out and getting plenty of folks all frothy in the streets).

Hmmm, the flaw in that argument is Trump's assets are likely diverse and therefore protected either way the monetary systems goes. Hence, complete freedom on his part to act accordingly.

"Cult of personality"? GUILTY!! A personality that is sick of business as usual. Is attempting, and is largely successful, in delivering on his promises. That's the personality that his 'cult' supports.

Those that label him as such must be very, very, bitter. Each day he moves closer to at least seeing just how deep the swamp really is and thereby plan accordingly.

Your jingoism betrays you.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

I'm not sure what leads you to believe that Pence is a full on Trump supporter. Pence is who the GOP chose to be Trump's running mate...simply because he actually holds x-tian values, quite unlike Trump. Pence is the man the GOP wants in the WH when Trump is inevitably impeached. He's not a Trump yes man.

You may very well be right on that point. I've given him, perhaps naively, the benefit of the doubt in calling him an honest man. If what you say proves out, then he's as big a liar as any in the pack.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join