It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps successor: Let the speculation begin.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: nwtrucker

You are easily the smartest person on the forums. The moment you said your a trump Supporter I knew that there was going to be meat on the table. Trump brings the meat. Not personally but because hes in office and not a non-american from some other country (Kenya) the econemy has turned around and once more here we are living the good life just like 1986 all over again thank you so much Dear Mister Reagan (the president during most of the 1980s for all you youngsters who dont remember it was good times back in the 1980s under the guise of Reagans jurisdiction. nobody wanted for anything. Music was plenty. Beer was flowing. Women were everywhere. Then misguided lefty libs elected a kenyan to be president of the USA and everything fell apart. Thanks obama).

I seriously hope that the usa has the smarts to elect trump for more than two terms because he's the only president worth having that weve had since reagan and bush.

I truly hope your right. Thanks for the compliment, but there are any number of dudes on this site that can walk circles around me, IQ-wise.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

First his taxes, seeing the IRS was well turned in supporting the Obama Administration and had access to Trump's tax returns well before the election, I have zero doubt those returns would have been leaked long before the election IF there was anything untoward regarding them. That includes the current anti-Trumpsters in the IRS or any of the intelligence community for that matter. Frankly, that point is obvious that I question whether you actually look at both sides whatsoever.

The rest of your post falls into the same meme. Therefore I won't bother with the rest of it.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: xuenchen
Question:

If Pence is made President in let's say, 2019, gets elected in 2020, can he run in 2024?

Yes. Term limits on a President are two full terms or a maximum of 10 years.

Hmm. Don't think I've ever seen that "10 year" limit in the 25th Amendment.

If the president died 3 days into his term and the VP took over, then that new president was re-elected twice, does that mean he or she would have to resign half-way through their second elected term?

He wouldn't be allowed to run for the second term.

OK -- that's right. That's in the 22nd. I always default to the "Kennedy" 25th when issues of succession come up and forget about the 22nd...

You are correct.

I will extend my hand from the middle left, we need to start talking to each other, the fringe has taken over our political system.

And I will happily shake that hand.

I don't take politics personally.

This is probably the worst time of the year for me to talk about politics while I'm dealing with my business and personal taxes

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: sdcigarpig

First his taxes, seeing the IRS was well turned in supporting the Obama Administration and had access to Trump's tax returns well before the election, I have zero doubt those returns would have been leaked long before the election IF there was anything untoward regarding them. That includes the current anti-Trumpsters in the IRS or any of the intelligence community for that matter. Frankly, that point is obvious that I question whether you actually look at both sides whatsoever.

The rest of your post falls into the same meme. Therefore I won't bother with the rest of it.

While I agree that if Trump did something illegal on his taxes it would have been exposed by now, they might be kept quiet if everything was legal but still didn't meet with public approval. On that note, I suspect that the pages leaked earlier this year were leaked by Trump himself because they were quite favorable to him, showing him pay a much higher rate than he should be paying, which he would have taken advantage of in other years. I'm certain Trump has talented enough accountants that he wouldn't be paying substantially more than what he was legally obligated to pay.

Trump was at the bottom of my list as far as Republican options go, but he won so I really do want to give him a chance, so I've refrained from criticizing him too much. What I have seen so far hasn't impressed me though. His only accomplishment in 100 days is getting his SCOTUS pick and we're approaching the point where some of his other ideas like "extreme vetting" should be going into effect. Instead, all indications are that he hasn't worked on it at all.

I never thought he had what it takes to govern and so far he's proving that true. For a guy who claims to have written the book on negotiation, he sure doesn't seem to know how to do it. But he did just make some major changes in terms of who he listens to, bringing in McMaster and Ivanka. So maybe things will start changing.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

What about the pages leaked last year in the election? Do you think IRS did it?

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

If you are presuming my politics from that post you are long wrong.
Ill just assume you were making a remark to someone else in this thread.

If you think toppling the petrodollar would not create utter financial disaster for Trump you might not understand how currency functions in todays world.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I suppose you won't be surprised that I disagree with your assessment.

I would have been surprised if you did see the things he's accomplished. It seems many 'Texans' are married to the good old boy network.

It is obvious to me that no other potential Republican candidate would have won the swing states that Trump did. The SCOTUS result is one of the areas of 'overlap' between Trump and the Republican Elite. It wouldn't have occurred if not for Trump's win, IMO.

I'm not going to convince you otherwise, but I see many obvious and simple things Trump has done with or without Republican support. He has done nothing to diminish my regard for him and, in fact, have met many that didn't support him in the election who are now viewing him favorably.

As usual between us, we shall see.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
3/1 it will be female.

America will suffer,

And the rest of us will still be eating popcorn.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My post was admittedly an overlap between you and others as was intended.

Your petrodollar fear, and the list of 'fears' that are legion of all the things that could happen in this Trump era, is the mentality that has added to and prolonged this hand-wringing gridlock.

I hold the view that there's a chance it wouldn't be that crippling. Counter moves, 'Plan Bs' and others are part and parcel of TPTB. I hold that can be true of a man that would improve the U.S.'s lot. He has serious talent around him and, frankly, I am more than willing to risk it. Failure to act is assured destruction, IMO.

I'd rather go down swinging than passively.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

What about the pages leaked last year in the election? Do you think IRS did it?

www.nytimes.com...

It's very possible.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Look, I intend no offense in my post towards you.

It more of an accumulated effect, Fear of war, economic ruin, on and on. Perhaps that results in less than proper concern in some and perhaps yours is valid.

I do know I fear no one else's currency that's out there and any artificial coinage between China and Russia, for example, would be dropped by one or the other IF the price for oil was profitable in original dollars. The Chinese are basically money laundering their Yuan under the guise of investment. When they sell, and they will, you can bet they won't take the yuan in payment.

I even believe Trump would sacrifice his fortune, or at least a goodly portion of it, if it was necessary. Naïve on my part? Perhaps. Yet I believe he's smart enough to avoid that either or scenario.

Simply put, I'm 'all in' on Trump. I see zero alternative as the time is now. Any that claim support, then queries him adds to the deliberate discord already in play. Can he screw up? Absolutely. Negative scenarios are put forth at a non-stop basis.

I truly tire of them.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Here's one I'm betting you haven't seen:

theconservativetreehouse.com...-131360

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I Dunno , it's Hard to Predict the Future in 8 Years........

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I hope he is what you hope for....that would suit me greatly.

I don't think he is. And his actions over the prior 3 weeks don't give me much hope. But its still early....and i may be misinterpreting what i see. Time will tell. Until then, ill continue hoping you are right.

FWIW, im never all in on anyone. I don't sway easily from what i expect, and have few loyalties that aren't earned with blood or sweat. So we likely won't agree on a granular level. But on the whole, i think that we both are walking the same direction.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

My 'all in' translates to 'last chance' with a
modicum of hope. All in to a gut shot straight draw....so to speak....

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Here's one you won't see on the MSM.

www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Here's one you won't see on the MSM.

www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

I heard about that when it happened. But that article title isn't quite accurate. Instead it will ultimately lead to making the insurance industry unsustainable, and that's not a repeal of Obamacare, it's a repeal of the insurance industry (which we shouldn't have in the first place).

I wouldn't put much faith in how Dick Morris spins anything though, this is a guy who mainly makes his living by selling books and telling old people buying the book supports Trump. A month ago, his book at the time was about Obama's secret agenda.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It makes the insurance industry unsustainable?? Really?

That sounds like pure spin. The insurance industry is now afforded the opportunity to introduce and promote ANY plan they see fit, sans the ACA rules and are assured of approval from the HHS?

Now they can survive or fail based on market supply and demand mechanisms. Competition.

In fact, the reality 100% opposite in that they can now have the opportunity to survive! We're down to one carrier in the ACA debacle with the rest opting out. The ACA is in the process of complete collapse and Trump or one of his acolytes, have found a way to by-pass the republican and democrat
Congress.

Trump can't lead?? He redefines leading and blows the so-called standard out the window.

P.S. I'm no fan of Morris. He is knowledgeable and is capable of astute assessments. This is one of them.

edit on 22-4-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
In a sane world Trump wouldn't be reelected, but then in a sane world he wouldn't have been elected in the first place.

I don't think he can get re-elected after all the scandals and his attacks on hispanic immigrants, but Americans are very stupid.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
In a sane world Trump wouldn't be reelected, but then in a sane world he wouldn't have been elected in the first place.

I don't think he can get re-elected after all the scandals and his attacks on hispanic immigrants, but Americans are very stupid.

In a 'sane world' we wouldn't have needed to elect Trump in the first place.

You know perfectly well Trump hasn't 'attacked Hispanic immigrants'. Just ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join