It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS Anomaly: Can anyone shed some light on this picture?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Another Mars anomaly and I apologise if this has been discussed previously but there are so many Mars topics on ATS and a Google search was a thankless task to go through. So here are a couple of pictures from the Mars JPL site.

1. You will see on a rock, at the far right and about halfway up, a white rectangle with some kind of shape on it, which is indistinguishable to me.
JPL Image One

2. Same area only with the camera swung more to the right, the anomaly has moved toward the left-hand side but is still on the same rock and in the same position, also with the shape still on it.
JPL Image Two

It just looks so strangely out of place and stands out like a sore thumb. At first I thought it was an image artifact but the second picture in the sequence appears to rule that out. It almost looks like a piece of card or a thin, flat object, devoid of features apart from the strange thing [hole?] in the middle of it.

Thanks for looking.
Any ideas, anyone?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

That's interesting, I got nothing though. Was thinking image artifact as well.

Does the rover spit out any card shaped things? I know that's a silly question, but maybe it's a piece of the rover or something? Or if it was doing tests on that rock and that's what the tools it used did to the rock?

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I rarely say this, as I'm usually a very big sceptic when it comes to that, but you're right, it does look pretty out of place / weird.

S+F
edit on 20-4-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I thought the same thing, but there doesnt appear to be any tracks around it

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Nice find! It does appear to be a marker of some type.

More interesting. I can see no tracks from the Rover anywhere around the anomaly.

S&F

Des

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Odd. Yes. It look like looking out to the sea on a misty day, I can see a wave breaking get ready to surf. I'm not joking. That's what I see near the top of the pic, I also see your card shape.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

There also seems to be some type of wire frame work on top of the rock.

odd...
edit on 20-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thank you OP. I have been missing these types of threads. And this is a good one. Nice find.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Of course the logical option for the Mars rover that is there for discovery to do is just drive by taking a few pics in a "nothing to see here" fashion, you would think the techy that is driving the thing would also notice the oddity and well you know head over for a closer look..

RA

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is a good one.
Thanks, OP.
S&F

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

The delay is such that I imagine by the time he sees the photos, the rover is long gone.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

A business card??

Joking, of course.

It looks like a key chain. You know, like the rectangle the ring connects to.

How cool is it that we can sit at various locations and look at the surface of Mars?!! And ask these kinds of questions...

edit on 20-4-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: missing word

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

No idea what it is. But Tyler at Secure Team posted a video about it recently. Video points out other Mars anomalies as well.

edit on 20-4-2017 by TobyFlenderson because: trying to fix video link

edit on 20-4-2017 by TobyFlenderson because: (no reason given)

Can't get vid to work, he's the link: YouTube link
edit on 20-4-2017 by TobyFlenderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Is it me, or does it look like the Canadian flag, without the red borders?

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Secure Team 10 are a bunch of hoaxers.

We actually hoax their content as soon as we see it.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

If Elon Musk has his way we'll have much better views of Mars by 2025 lol

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Now that is weird, the centre of the rectangle shape looks like a medical cross mark, perhaps the rock was subject to a bit of drilling, but that doesn't explain the overall rectangle shape...funny peculiar! nothing to do with SC10 either.

edit on 20-4-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Ummm...so that's where the 7Eleven drone delivered my slurpee...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I know people are down on them. But they present what their sent and leave for the viewer to decide. I have no problem with that. Most of what he posts is not immediately identifiable as hoaxes to me. At least he's not as bad as Third Phase, that guy's a clown.

Anyway, despite his reputation, the video includes some analysis of the photo's in the OP so I thought they may be of interest.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I"m cool with posting a video in thread if it's for you know, learning about the thing in question, that's fine.

But I can't let an OP be based on Secure10's findings just because of the amount of hoaxes that have come out of their channel. In this case it's okay.

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join