It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seen a Strange Figure Walking On A Beach

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hi,

The title pretty much sums up what I saw. To clarify, I had been celebrating Good Friday on a beach with friends in our boats. Yes I'd had a couple but I was not sloshed.

It was around 11:30pm when we'd all decided to make tracks in the boats and the usual disbanding of the beach ensured (fire out, rubbish cleared pack the boats etc). We were pretty much ready to go so I did the right thing and walked away from the boats to have a wee before the run home back in the boat. The moon had just risen I think somewhere around 10:30pm and was a decent size but not full.

Anyhow, I'm not far from the boats but looking up the beach towards a place called Rum Point doing my business, when I see someone is walking down along the beach in the moons shadows of the Casurena Trees that boarder the vacation homes probably 300ft from me. It was darker where he/she was at the time but they stood out as all I could see was a white square which I assumed was a shirt or something.

No big deal and I finished my twinkle. But for some reason as this person got closer they slowed down as they got closer to us and it wasn't walking normally. It was as if it hadn't noticed us and then all of a sudden it had, and was unsure...with me away from the group and closer staring right at it.

And it just stopped.

It's only about now I'm thinking things seem a little odd as the last few steps it wasn't really moving like a person would. I thought it must be a dog, but it was just too big to be a dog and it wasn't walking anything like a dog - or a person! For some reason I kept thinking a square white box - don't really know why but that's what my eyes were registering in the dark. If anyone has young kids think a Minecraft person (seriously!). It was somehow different, it was too dark to make out legs or arms.

It looked like it wanted to head in our direction or past us so I turned and went back to the boat with the intent to keep an eye on it to see what it would do next.

There was a kind of ridge to the beach where it was headed and anyone walking down the beach at that point can go one of two ways, out onto the sand bar where we were or more a less straight on past us via a small circular bay that's only a few hundred feet wide that takes you to a sandy point a little further down.

I purposely didn't look at it and pretended to ignore it as I wanted to see if it would continue moving closer towards us with the hope that I could figure out what the heck I was looking at!

Everyone was in the boat ready to go so I grabbed the rear anchor and jump in the boat and take a look back....

It's on the ridge! It had moved closer and is now right there and you could tell it wasnt sure what to do or which way it wanted to go. It was probably still a good 200ft away from me but I still could not make out in my brain what I was looking at, just that same distinct white squareness. I had to pull the front anchor so I move up front to retrieve it, thinking what's this things next move... will it be towards us or down and around the small bay?

So I pull the anchor which distracts me for maybe a minute as it was only out about 20ft or so. All I wanted to do was look back it was just that strange.

Anchors in, and I turn back to take a look... It has vanished!

Now I was really rattled, there is NO WAY a person or dog could just disappear in the time I had looked away? I asked if anyone else had seen it and nobody had.

Our kids earlier that day were playing on the same ridge so I had a reasonable reference for height which makes me discount a dog even more so and it just didn't move like one and I can't seem to describe how it moved. It was all just odd and strange!

Anyway, that's the first time for me with anything along these lines and thought I would share it with you all. I'm sure there's a logical explanation to it!

Cheers

edit on 19-4-2017 by MarsneedsGuitars because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2017 by MarsneedsGuitars because: Can't spell!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Interesting, thanks for sharing. A white square box shade,yes could have been the shirt they-if a person or ghost- were wearing or other. Were they transparent or misty at all any time during the sighting, or seemingly solid if you could tell? Any images you can find or draw up resembling what you had seen.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Wow, this gave me physical chills. I'm not sure why but the white square detail spooks me (especially sitting outside at my former smoking table at 2am).
When you mentioned that it was very Minecraft-esque, is it just in the apparent squareness of the white part, or was there more to it than that to associate it to MC in your mind?
Were there any noises associated with whatever it was?

The only way I could even try to rationalize it would be a mischievous prankster that glued some paper streamers to a drone, it could also explain how it could appear to change stances and then to disappear so quickly. It sounds like what you saw was a little more physically substantial though.

I'd have been freaked out either way

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Very spooky! I'd probably have been a complete ball of "get me the hell out of here" at some point.

What's really interesting was I was listening to a podcast a few days ago and they were talking about ghostly encounters and whether or not it went both ways due to parallel dimensions and the thinning between the walls.

So, we see a ghostly apparition and are understandably scared. What if they're seeing us the same way and are just as freaked out and confused as we are?

It looks whatever you saw, saw you and might have been afraid to get closer, then poof, back to their own world or time.

It's cool to think about!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsneedsGuitars

Interesting thanks for sharing.Sounds creepy
I have no idea what it could've been but will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone here has any ideas.I was sitting outside one evening after dark and this thin column of white smoke went past a few metres from me.It looked like a snake undulating through the air vertically like an upright snake is the way i can describe it.Then it just vanished.And a shadowman was by my bed when i was 16/17yo.Your sighting is fascinating,but i've never seen anything similar.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

While a believer in basically all things and possibilities, I wonder if maybe that was, for example, a woman out for a walk on "her" beach and she had on a white beach coverup attire that she at some point took off and wadded up into a smaller bundle that was not so visible to the group.

I really didn't get much strangeness from your account as given. However, thanks for presenting it. It brings to mind a mysterious nighttime sighting two buddies and I had many decades ago that defied all rational explanations and nobody else would accept it.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Can I ask..
Do you have a mobile phone ?
most people does..

Did you consider taking a picture

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I agree with Aliensun on this. It could have been a woman on her own. Think about that, 11.30 at night comes across a person that's away from the group, or even the group itself, she doesn't know who or what you or your group is up to so she is going to be very, very cautious, hesitant as you've already said.
What you saw could just be a trick of light. Or it could be something else.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Could be a residual haunt. Sounds as if the figure acted in a residual way. Not really aware of you, just doing what it was doing. How high was this ridge you speak of?
My imagination is picturing a person contemplating, then jumping off of a high ridge, leaving a residual signature.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
any rational human being would walk past you guys without embarrassment or walk the other way around.
but if it was something else, then it was afraid to show it's self to scare others. or be scared of humans.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
That's the thing, we were 2-3 boat loads of families, we were probably out numbered by kids and we were leaving. There really was no reason why any rational person walking towards us would pause as if to weigh up the situation when there really wasn't one to begin with? It was the way it moved and acted that caught my attention and it just felt like it didn't belong. I would say it had the behavior of a dog more than a person the way it slowed and then stopped. I was too far away to see if it had stopped because of me being closer and alone or it had seen the group. Either way it was behavior that I was not expecting. It was walking like it was dealing with a sandy ground, like it was picking where to tread, it was just to far away to see legs etc.

It certainly wasn't threatening in anyway and didn't make a sound.

It didn't give me any impression of it being a ghost but then I've never seen one so how do I know lol. It seemed to be a live and conscious of what it was thinking / doing.

I think "ridge" might be the wrong term, more like an embankment of sand which was pushed up by the tides. From the top gently sloping down to the water and maybe 5-6ft high, just a guess though.

I didn't have my phone on me, I had intentionally left it home for the day.

It was how it was just gone that threw me. It would have had to absolutely bolt in time to dissappear, which it may well have done. I scanned everywhere completely dumbfounded.
edit on 19-4-2017 by MarsneedsGuitars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
A similar thing happened to me once. It was late at night and I was walking out to the water to wash off After a long tiring day of beach activities. I saw something up the beach, moving strangely between the sand and the water, looking at me. My friend came along and together we decided to walk towards it to see what it was. If it was human it was a child. Maybe lost or hurt.

We walked very slowly. We got very close, when suddenly, there appeared a wing span of probably over five feet, and it flew over us and up and up and away.

Still don't know what it was. We went to that beach all the time, day and night, and never had seen a bird that big before. And out at night.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
A similar thing happened to me once. It was late at night and I was walking out to the water to wash off After a long tiring day of beach activities. I saw something up the beach, moving strangely between the sand and the water, looking at me. My friend came along and together we decided to walk towards it to see what it was. If it was human it was a child. Maybe lost or hurt.

We walked very slowly. We got very close, when suddenly, there appeared a wing span of probably over five feet, and it flew over us and up and up and away.

Still don't know what it was. We went to that beach all the time, day and night, and never had seen a bird that big before. And out at night.

That was cool

I never though about a bird.... This is in the Cayman Islands and we do have large white birds here, might also explain why I couldn't see legs and how it just vanished.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Interesting story..

I find myself slightly jealous that you can spend any amount of time on the beach withouth being bundled in ridiculous amounts of clothing.
Or severe frostbite.

Sigh, I guess someones ancestors made better choices when it comes to choosing a climate...

Cheers..

BT

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I thought you might find that interesting. When that big thing started flying at us you should have heard us! We laughed about it later, but we reached out automatically for each other's hands, and started walking backwards until we could run. Screaming, yet laughing upon the realization it was a bird.

We asked some locals about it the next day, and they said it must have been a pelican, but I swear it was bigger than a pelican. Of course, scared, in the dark, creeped out. (And disappointed, I thought I was about to see an alien!)
Looking back maybe it was a pelican. But I think it was white-ish.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Our kids earlier that day were playing on the same ridge

Were they playing minecraft? ... by any chance? ... im somehow picturing an episode of twilight zone where souls gets stuck in places... I wish you could have gone with your friends as a group to check it out with a pair of flashlights.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

Our kids earlier that day were playing on the same ridge

Were they playing minecraft? ... by any chance? ... im somehow picturing an episode of twilight zone where souls gets stuck in places... I wish you could have gone with your friends as a group to check it out with a pair of flashlights.

No it's the Ninja Turtles who are currently in vogue between my kids ears this week lol. They are busy Karate'n up the place lol

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I thought you might find that interesting. When that big thing started flying at us you should have heard us! We laughed about it later, but we reached out automatically for each other's hands, and started walking backwards until we could run. Screaming, yet laughing upon the realization it was a bird.

We asked some locals about it the next day, and they said it must have been a pelican, but I swear it was bigger than a pelican. Of course, scared, in the dark, creeped out. (And disappointed, I thought I was about to see an alien!)
Looking back maybe it was a pelican. But I think it was white-ish.

The more I think about it the more it could have been a large bird, it does explain the cautious behavior and possibly the height compared to a dog (to a point). If it had a big chest maybe that would explain the white square I was seeing. Don't recall any neck and never saw legs. We do get Egrets and Pelicans passing through here that might pass the height test. No idea if they are nocturnal in any way? Maybe it wanted to hunt on the moon that had arisen an hour beforehand in the shallows of the small bay but we got in the way.

Thanks everyone for chiming in on this for me

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

My first guess would be that this was, in fact, a person, and you were seeing clothing that stood out so much it gave an impression of a different shape. Good moonlight, and the right sort of material, and that seems quite possible. The movement, ou first saw as human, I believe, then later, somewhat different? Perhaps someone walking alone, unsure about coming up on an unknown group of people, and thus being stealthy in some fashion? Was the movement possible from someone crouching, creeping along carefully? If not, can you be more specific as to what it did look like, movement-wise? Is there anything else, even in just the feel of this sighting, that makes you believe this was anything other than a person?

Could be, of course; I do believe we can see and encounter some very strange things!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

...can you be more specific as to what it did look like, movement-wise? Is there anything else, even in just the feel of this sighting, that makes you believe this was anything other than a person?

It was hard to depict the movement but it was odd in that the height appeared to be similar to a person, but it behaved and moved in a way that you wouldnt expect any person to do so given the location and circumstances.

When I first spotted it I would say it was simply walking towards us completely oblivious to us but it then realized that a) I was looking at it - -and stopped or b.) saw the group and stopped - and appeared to be weighing up the situation. It did appear as though it had a destination or intent of going somewhere but we were in the way.

Somehow I knew that if I walked back to the boat and ignored it that it would come closer and likely be on the embankment (ridge) as that was a safe fork in the path where it could retreat or go towards us or around the bay. And that's exactly what happened. At this point I was just plain curious to know what it was and I could see it, but for the life of me I still couldn't get my brain to register or reference what I was looking at.

Like I said, I turned away for a minute and looked back and it was just plain gone!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join