It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Colony being constructed in Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I stumbled across this site a few weeks back while researching the Yellowstone caldera.

www.tridentlakes.com

It seems a group of folks northeast of Dallas have decided to build a "resort" outfitted with a subterranean shelter, security force, food store, a DNA vault, blast doors, a dozen plus helipads, plans for a fixed wing aircraft runway, and of course a golf course and shooting range.

Popular Mechanics featured an article about it last year.

www.popularmechanics.com...

Trident Lakes is pursuing a sustainable community that by definition means people must rely on one another. He says residents are wanted with a varied skill set so that in the aftermath of a disaster everyone can contribute with the recovery.

It's managed by a company in McKinney, Texas called Vintuary Holdings apparently created to specifically manage the property. The Trident Lakes website seems openly vague. I know there are quite a few of these prepper communities and properties popping up in California and also upstate New York, and it's not just Joe Bob and cousin Blanche stocking beans and ammo. These are some pretty posh properties with tip top amenities. Maybe I'm in the wrong business, and this is millennial snake oil. Or maybe not.

I built it up, you guys tear it down.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GorillaSnoop

Golf course? Too rich for my blood. I'll just have to wonder the wastelands fighting off scavengers mad-max style. Rich golf yuppies

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
One way to find out how big of a scam it is ask to see the employee living quarters. Probably room for 0.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
From source:

Developers intend to construct about 400 condos that have 90 percent of their living space underground

Ripe for the taking...with 10% sticking out of the ground, roaming groups of people who don't give a sh!t about morals and yearn for conflict, now know where the entrance is. And they will find a way in.

And towers with guards? Well, if we learned anything from Walking Dead, those don't matter much.

Kinda setting themselves up for failure...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
These are all the rage again.

In the last episode of Billions Bobbie Axelrod was given a token to get him in one.

In the series the 100 they found the big bunker with enough room to save everyone.

Doom sells.
edit on 18-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GorillaSnoop
I stumbled across this site a few weeks back while researching the Yellowstone caldera.

www.tridentlakes.com

It seems a group of folks northeast of Dallas have decided to build a "resort" outfitted with a subterranean shelter, security force, food store, a DNA vault, blast doors, a dozen plus helipads, plans for a fixed wing aircraft runway, and of course a golf course and shooting range.

Popular Mechanics featured an article about it last year.

www.popularmechanics.com...

Trident Lakes is pursuing a sustainable community that by definition means people must rely on one another. He says residents are wanted with a varied skill set so that in the aftermath of a disaster everyone can contribute with the recovery.

It's managed by a company in McKinney, Texas called Vintuary Holdings apparently created to specifically manage the property. The Trident Lakes website seems openly vague. I know there are quite a few of these prepper communities and properties popping up in California and also upstate New York, and it's not just Joe Bob and cousin Blanche stocking beans and ammo. These are some pretty posh properties with tip top amenities. Maybe I'm in the wrong business, and this is millennial snake oil. Or maybe not.

I built it up, you guys tear it down.

Thanks. Now I know where to take my troops when we are running low on food. Drill one hole into facility.....and pump smoke in....the rats will come out. If there is such a shtf situation lets make sure the politicians and rich a holes who caused it dont make it thru to breed more a holes like them. The next future will be for the common man

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sounds like a survival country club to me. The people there probably would not be my kind of people. I am going to stay out here and become a hermit if the SHTF.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I think it funny. The people who are likely to do this are the same people we'd have to worry about if some disaster did come about. Let them all live together and see how that lasts. I like how they want varied skill sets. How many electricians, carpenters, farmers, etc. could afford this place?

There's a thought for a movie. The deep state fakes a complete nuclear war to drive all these butt-knots into their bunkers in order to get them out of our hair and stop f'ing everything up.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

That sounds awesome, thanks for sharing!

I've always told myself if some miracle ever happened and I stumbled across a large sum of money, I would do exactly this. It would be doomsday with style and comfort! It would be built to accommodate my whole immediate family and perhaps a few others with various skill sets. Ahhh, one can dream.

One thing I wouldn't do however, is let the press in on it, lol! Big mistake.
edit on 18-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hiding underground is all fine and dandy till someone pours a gallon of bleach and ammonia down your fresh air intake pipe....

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be in the Survival forum?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

D'oh! That's pretty sinister man! Lol, that's another good reason why it's a dumb thing to tell the press about it, or give anyone even a clue as to where it would be located....

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
bartertown >

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
How long till comets and Kool-Aid are introduced?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Don't forget purple Nike's

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Also works on gophers who attack my garden.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

If only Bill Murray knew your secret (mustard gas solution lol).....
edit on 18-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
if they need a golf course then they aren`t the kind of people who have the right mindset to survive a SHTF situation.
they must think that surviving is going to be easy and not take up much of their time which will leave them with a lot of free time for golfing and sitting in a sauna.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Shoot. Maybe they'll take my family in....my husband is an electrician and I can, uh, tell great stories...?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join