It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me say it: an audit is a lame, totally invalid excuse for not releasing tax returns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You have to ask this question: about what aspect of an audit was Donald Trump concerned such that the audit would preclude him from complete freedom to release his tax returns?

Short answer: there should have been NONE, absolutely NO CONCERN about an audit such that the audit could have been used by The Donald as any kind of excuse to decline to disclose his tax returns.

Why, The Donald’s curt, rude and disrespectful answer to George Stephanopoulos of “IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS,” when Stephanopoulos asked about The Donald’s tax rate, was much more appropriate than The Donald’s using an audit as a lame, invalid excuse... a downright stupid one at that when you think about it.

Surely, Trump wasn’t under a gag order from the Internal Revenue Service.

Could Trump have wanted to keep his tax returns under wraps because of indications of connections to Russians or because the returns would reveal a puny net worth far less then billions upon billions of dollars as claimed by Trump?

Here’s a big question (nevertheless, one that doesn’t hold water as noted below in the next paragraph): could Trump have been concerned that one or two individuals among an American population of 330,000,000 would uncover something amiss in the way of tax fraud that Trump was hoping that the tax experts at the I.R.S. would incompetently overlook. This would be an indication that Trump was acting in far less then good faith with his tax responsibilities. Gee, imagine The Donald's acting in less than good faith in his business dealings; gee, what a stretch.

Look, even if the civil service auditors of the I.R.S. are not fully qualified to review lengthy and complicated tax returns of the super-wealthy, then, just as the I.R.S. hires outsiders to design the tax forms and write the instructional publications, I am sure that they hire highly qualified outside C.P.A.s and lawyers who are up to the task.

CONCLUSION: Donald Trump is a cheap dirt bag of a carnie charlatan.
edit on 16-4-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Improved usage.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Leftists are getting so desperate.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The IRS audit has determined that he has done nothing illegal on his taxes and that`s all that really matters.

The only reason that anybody wants to see his taxes is so they can complain that he isn`t spending his money the way that they think he should.

tax returns are private info nobody has a right to see anyone else`s tax returns.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This topic has been covered 99 times here.

ATS has a search button. You have to search your topic before you post.

You should post your life accomplishments, I have 2 minutes.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

And The Donald's saying that the election is over [as if this is now magically a non-issue when it definitely is very much a relevant issue] is just as stupid and lame as using an audit as an excuse.

BTW, did The Donald ever say that only his most recent tax return was under audit, or were 10 or more years' worth under audit.

I don't think that we ever learned this.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
The IRS audit has determined that he has done nothing illegal on his taxes and that`s all that really matters.

The only reason that anybody wants to see his taxes is so they can complain that he isn`t spending his money the way that they think he should.

tax returns are private info nobody has a right to see anyone else`s tax returns.

Except when a person in a high position makes a promise to disclose them.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You North Americans are a funny bunch, i have never heard so much petty whining in my life! Just axcept the man as your president. He got elected the Democratic way.

Ffs bunch of sooks.

And its funny that the taxes are the only thing left that you can attack him for haha, the man is the cleanest politician ever.
edit on 16-4-2017 by muSSang because: Predicted text error

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Let me say it. There is no reason you need to see Trump's tax returns. None. It's none of your business. You have NO RIGHT to see them. Your reasons for seeing them are lame. Go pee on another tree.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

And The Donald's saying that the election is over [as if this is now magically a non-issue when it definitely is very much a relevant issue] is just as stupid and lame as using an audit as an excuse.

BTW, did The Donald ever say that only his most recent tax return was under audit, or were 10 or more years' worth under audit.

It's time to let it go.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

You will see them. When? Exactly when he/they needs the attention off something else.

Until then it would only get spun into meaningless oblivion.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

He probably don't know what's in them himself.

His son said it was 1200 pages long and trump resigned from 400 companies when he ran for pres.

Would you release something if you yourself didn't know what was in there?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
You North Americans are a funny bunch, i have never heard so much petty whining in my life! Just axcept the man as your president. He got elected the Democratic way.

Ffs bunch of sooks.

And its funny that the taxes are the only thing left that you can attack him for haha, the man is the cleanest politician ever.

That's not true. Even if you don't get "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" broadcast in Australia, you can still view his opening monologues delayed only a few hours on Youtube. Here's one recent and relevant line from Colbert: "MR. TRUMP, YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON!"
edit on 16-4-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Inserted an omitted word.

edit on 16-4-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Why, The Donald’s curt, rude and disrespectful answer to George Stephanopoulos of “IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS,” when Stephanopoulos asked about The Donald’s tax rate, was much more appropriate than The Donald’s using an audit as a lame, invalid excuse... a downright stupid one at that when you think about it.

I wonder why he changed his tune? He said he would release 2 or 3 years of his tax returns when he was Candidate Trump, but now, it's none of our business? Every presidential candidate since Nixon has disclosed their tax returns to the American people. Just another example of the Donald's disrespect for his constituents and the American people in general.

I think he changed his mind because he realized they would show fealty to foreign governments, putting more stress on the nepotism and conflicts of interest already inflicting his presidency.

Chances are, sooner or later, Congress will subpoena those records.

edit on 16-4-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

It's time to let it go.

Time to let go?!?!?

Just do a Bing search on "He's gonna get us all killed," and many, many hits will come up, all referring to Donald Trump.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Ffs bunch of sooks.

That's not true. Even if you don't get "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" in Australia, you can still view his opening monologues delayed only a few hours on Youtube. Here's one recent and relevant line from Colbert: "MR. TRUMP YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON!"

Satire shows are not factual, thats like me going to Saturday night live for my news.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I wonder why he changed his tune?

He didn't exactly change his tune. He went from a lame, invalid excuse to just outright refusal!
edit on 16-4-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Removed extraneous comma.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

If I were Trump I would never release my returns.

Too much fun watching triggered liberals get upset over nothing.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

How about whining and bitching about high taxes instead ?

Or at least about the theft and corruption inside the whole tax system ?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

the man is the cleanest politician ever.

Someone prominent in the media (I wish that I could remember who it was) said that there was treason in the air.

A Congressman stated on T.V. stated that there was more than mere probable cause, strong evidence, that is, at this point to indict.

Another congressman said that people are going to jail, all this in the context of discussions of Trump's associates.
edit on 16-4-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Inserted two missing words.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Oh, he changed his tune alright!

Trump; "Absolutley, I'll release my tax returns if I decide to run."

The many times Donald Trump promised he was going to release his tax returns 

Chuck Todd: Will you release any of your tax returns for the public to scrutinize?

Donald Trump: Well, we're working on that now. I have very big returns, as you know, and I have everything all approved and very beautiful and we'll be working that over in the next period of time, Chuck. Absolutely.
www.nbcnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join