It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me say it: an audit is a lame, totally invalid excuse for not releasing tax returns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Whine harder.

a reply to: theworldisnotenough

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Why? So we can see he was still paying way more than Bernie's 13%?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The Left loonies just want to scour his records looking for more fake news to create. They will find some obscure business he invested in that then sent a junior manager out to order ketchup packages that got sourced by a guy who has a relative who knows a Russian.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

originally posted by: muSSang
the man is the cleanest politician ever.

Someone prominent in the media (I wish that I could remember who it was) said that there was treason in the air.

An opinionated talking head whom most likely provided 0 evidence.

A Congressman stated on T.V. stated that there was more than mere probable cause, strong evidence, that is, at this point to indict.
So where is it? If there is more than probablt cause why wait?

Another congressman said that people are going to jail, all this in the context of discussions of Trump's associates.
See above.

At this point all you and they have is opinion and alternative facts.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
People, people, the focus of this thread was not intended to be on Trump’s rights to privacy and to the withholding of his tax returns.

The focus was intended to be on whether using an audit as grounds for that withholding was anything but a lame and downright stupid excuse (but one that apparently was easily put over upon the gullible public).

So far, I have heard no defense of the validity of the use of an audit for The Donald’s purposes.

What I have heard a couple of times above was that the I.R.S. said that there was nothing illegal in The Donald’s tax returns. Really?

Well, I did a search on the Net for press coverage of the I.R.S. disclosing such a determination. I found no news regarding anything along these lines. What I did find was a statement from the I.R.S. that rules bar them from discussing an individual’s tax matters.

So, from where did this news of the non-illegality of Donald Trump’s tax returns come? Did it come from the very same profound jackarse who stated that his taxes are being audited due to the I.R.S. bias against Christians?

Face it! There is a total crackpot in the Oval Office.

edit on 17-4-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Changed a word to its plural form.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The last tax return that was leaked was already an embarrassment to the leftists and caused their entire fairytale they fabricated to come crashing down . I don't know if the left can handle another embarrassment at that level.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
The last tax return that was leaked was already an embarrassment to the leftists and caused their entire fairytale they fabricated to come crashing down . I don't know if the left can handle another embarrassment at that level.

Excuuuuse me... another embarrassment???

Let me tell you! The screwball crackpot in the White House has set such a new societal standard for embarrassment that NOBODY need be concerned about ANY embarrassment.

You know, there is always the possibility that the some 500 companies that were included in a certain tax return did not include another 100 or so that should have been reported, and the only way for the I.R.S. to know about this would be if some international whistleblower were to come forward to sing.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The left looks for ways to cloud the peoples minds with disinformation about Trump. If there was a problem with Trumps taxes the IRS would have leaked it by now. It would take a large tax firm to interpret Trumps taxes. Why not focus on Hillary and Obamas corruption, that would be more meaningful. I find it humorous how the left siphons from the politcal sewer to get its information.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough
You have to ask this question: about what aspect of an audit was Donald Trump concerned such that the audit would preclude him from complete freedom to release his tax returns?

Short answer: there should have been NONE, absolutely NO CONCERN about an audit such that the audit could have been used by The Donald as any kind of excuse to decline to disclose his tax returns.

Why, The Donald’s curt, rude and disrespectful answer to George Stephanopoulos of “IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS,” when Stephanopoulos asked about The Donald’s tax rate, was much more appropriate than The Donald’s using an audit as a lame, invalid excuse... a downright stupid one at that when you think about it.

Surely, Trump wasn’t under a gag order from the Internal Revenue Service.

Could Trump have wanted to keep his tax returns under wraps because of indications of connections to Russians or because the returns would reveal a puny net worth far less then billions upon billions of dollars as claimed by Trump?

Here’s a big question (nevertheless, one that doesn’t hold water as noted below in the next paragraph): could Trump have been concerned that one or two individuals among an American population of 330,000,000 would uncover something amiss in the way of tax fraud that Trump was hoping that the tax experts at the I.R.S. would incompetently overlook. This would be an indication that Trump was acting in far less then good faith with his tax responsibilities. Gee, imagine The Donald's acting in less than good faith in his business dealings; gee, what a stretch.

Look, even if the civil service auditors of the I.R.S. are not fully qualified to review lengthy and complicated tax returns of the super-wealthy, then, just as the I.R.S. hires outsiders to design the tax forms and write the instructional publications, I am sure that they hire highly qualified outside C.P.A.s and lawyers who are up to the task.

CONCLUSION: Donald Trump is a cheap dirt bag of a carnie charlatan.

Wow....This still? Next you will say That Hillary losing was Bushes fault? Get over it. You aint seeing his taxes.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
If there was a problem with Trumps taxes the IRS would have leaked it by now.

How would the I.R.S. based here in the United States know if 100 or even 1,000 foreign companies under The Donald's control have not been reported as required by law? We already know that The Donald supposedly has control and/or ownership of about 500 companies. If the tax returns had been made public, then, maybe, just maybe, a whistleblower somewhere in the world might have blown a whistle to get Donald Trump's returns into compliance.
edit on 17-4-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Minor cosmetic improvements.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brywilson2
Mr Trump's tax returns are none of our business, period.

Excuse me?!?

What if you are one paycheck away from homelessness... what if you are already homeless and you hear that Trump is slashing the budget for social programs brutally all the while increasing military spending needlessly and all the while cheating on his taxes all the while running up personal travel tabs on two government-owned 747s to the tune of at least $20,000,000.

We will probably not know if Trump cheated on his taxes unless he releases his tax returns to the enlightenment of people-in-the-know and in a position to come forward to say that, this, that, and the other things were conveniently omitted from said returns.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Let's be real, if there was anything in Trump's taxes, the traitors that worked in every office in the land under Obama and especially in the IRS, would have leaked his taxes before the election to aid Hillary.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

He is not legally required to disclose his tax returns. WOuld you do something you are not required to do? No you would not.

HE already released a financial disclosure form showing taxable income and properties and investments.

The Audit is convenient as it gives the IRS cover as well as trump. if they are talking about a audit then they are not talking about lois lerner.

Your bias is showing and you come off as a crackpot ranting and raving. I don tlike trump but i dislike when people want to mind others business.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Let's be real, if there was anything in Trump's taxes, the traitors that worked in every office in the land under Obama and especially in the IRS, would have leaked his taxes before the election to aid Hillary.

Excuse me, but I thought I made it clear in my most recent replies above.

What's in Trump's tax returns may not be nearly as significant as what is not in the tax returns.

Trump is opening himself to suspicions BIG TIME by reneging on a promise to release those returns having used the lame excuse of being under audit, lame unless he doesn't want someone somewhere on the planet to take notice that certain things are conspicuously lacking in those returns.

So, let's be real. Do you know the true extent of The Donald's business interests that are outside this country?

P.S. Trump is running up a big tab taking rides on those presidential 747s, but we are the ones being taken for a ride.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Everything he made money on is in the returns. Things that are not are not your business or mine. his form disclosing his finances has what you are looking for,and apparently the IRS didnt find anything wrong with it.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The IRS said everything is on the level, go talk to them

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

From where did this revelation come?

Who spoke on behalf of the I.R.S. which had stated that they do not discuss the tax matters of individuals?

TO REPEAT: I have tried and failed to find news coverage of the I.R.S.'s declaring that all is right with The Donald's tax returns.

For sooth, I have yet to hear the I.R.S. confirming that there was any audit at all.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: GreyScale

Most Presidents release their tax records WHILE they are President, with some exceptions, like Reagan and Carter. Ford didn't release his at all... just a summary. Bill Clinton and George Bush didn't release any records prior to their Presidency. The "change" started with Obama.

Okay then, his excuse that "the election is over" is moot.

At any rate, he's still a liar that has disrespectfully reneged on his promise to the American people to release his tax returns.

Disrespectfully.. a LOL to you!

The tax returns that have been illegally leaked show that he's put far more into the general fund than Obama ever did... or will ever do. So basically you're upset that we didn't get another parasite to run the country.

I give up on talking to progressive liberals any more.

After all, your shelf life is about another 10 years or so, then we can get back to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

~Waving~

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

LOL back at ya!

Those supposedly "leaked" partial tax documents were the "client copy", and were most likely leaked by the Donald himself. You certainly don't hear him calling for an investigation to find his tax document leaker! LOL

Besides, that was the year he married Melania and HAD to file jointly for her citizenship protocol. LOL

The fact is, Trump promised to release his tax returns. He lied to his supporters and to the American people. As for me, no surprise there. I think he's up to his chin in foreign debt and money laundering. His tax returns will ultimately be subpoenaed by the committees investigating his Russian ties, and it will all come tumbling down for Trumpty Dumpty! Bigly!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Oh? So, Trump isn't under audit any more? Okay! So, RELEASE YOUR TAX RETURNS DONALD!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join