It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Da Vinci Code on TV (UK) Thursday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hey all. Just a note....though you are probs already well aware, channel four has a special on tomorrow called "The Real Da Vinci Code" Looking at the themes of the novel. I dont hold out too much hope as a similar programme they did on 9/11 theories was a bit of a whitewash...I couldnt bellieve what I was seeing. But the promos look good enough so it may be worth a watch...If you're in Uk or have access to Channel Four on satellite or cable. Thhink it is 9pm GMT Thursday

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
yeah im going to watch it..... still need to buy the book though ..... might but it today.

d3v

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
gonna watch it too.

still got 50 pages to go though... excellent book.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I bought the book today finally. Won;t have time to read it before tomorrow but am familiar with the themes etc from Templar Revelation...holy blood holy grail etc. Check back in here after the show so we can discuss what we reckon of it huh. Like I say tho after the 9/11 documentary I aint too hopeful that it won't be more than just a patronising bebunking, but hey-ho, you never know

JAK

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I posted a little about it here too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jack

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Reading the book too......................seen some clips for the program and it looks good...........will be working so my sky+ is all set up ready !!

d3v

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It was very very good and really well presented.

I must admit, I am split down the middle on weather the theory in the Davinci Code book is real or not.

Its totally 50:50.

One thing he did skip on was why Saunria (SP?) made that huge fortune from discovering a myserious secret and he quickly said it was becuase people paid him for giving them the blessing or God. What bollocks.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Sselling Mass was not un common and in a highly religious country like France quite lucrative. I have posted my thoughts on the program here.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Janus]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I thought the programme waas a whitewash just as expected. The amount that was left out was ridiculous, and robinson's patronising tone appalled. The presentation from the very beginning was set up to debunk and the eveidence suggested and the magdelene/da vinci link was flawed (not paying enough attention to John being on Jesus' other side, meaning the woman could not be JOhn

d3v

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Do u think it was Illuminati propoganda??

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The book ‘The DaVinci Code’ is strongly dependant upon Michael Baigent, Henry Lincoln, and Richard Leigh’s ‘The Holy Blood and Holy Grail’. Whilst entertaining this book is mostly hypothesis put forward as if it is fact, without any real justification for doing so. There are also many many historical inaccuracies that weaken the arguments still further. Darren Browns book is a poor imitation and has inherited most of the problems of the earlier book. 'Foucault’s Pendulum' by Umberto Ecco is a much better novel that uses many of the same of themes.

The fact that Pierre Plantard supported the Vichy government during WWII that he served time in jail on two separate occasions first for running an illegal secret society and later for fraud and embezzlement should be enough to cause one to doubt his credulity. Add to that that Plantard has sworn under oath that the priory of Sion was a hoax would cause doubt in anybody’s mind as to the correctness of the views of Michael Baigent et al. I guess that the views contained in the 'Holy Blood and Holy Grail' is just another religion now, either you believe them or you don’t, and I am afraid that I don’t.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by pignut]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by d3v
Do u think it was Illuminati propoganda??

the programme about it on channel 4?? or the book?
dont look into things too deeply

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
great book!
i have just finished reading it.
but i dont think i have channel 4 on my cable,
just bbc 1 and bbc prime of english channels.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The 'Da Vinci Code' book sucks big time. The 'Illuminati' is a much much better book...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
The 'Da Vinci Code' book sucks big time. The 'Illuminati' is a much much better book...

surely you mean 'the illuminatus' trilogy by robert anton wilson & robert shea?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

you mean "Illuminati" by dan brown?
i was looking at it in a bookstore few days ago.
you say it is beter?

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
you mean "Illuminati" by dan brown?

dan browns book about the illuminati is called 'angels and demons'

join