It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retaliation: U.S. Launches Tomahawk Missiles Against Syrian Airfields

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

According to various networks, we could see American military action in Syria within the next couple of hours. It will be in retaliation to the horrific chemical weapons attack on Khan Shaykhun in the Idlib Province of Syria. President Trump called the attacks, which killed at least 80 people, an “affront to humanity." The action prompted Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to declare that current President Bashar al-Assad, who has been accused of executing this attack, is not fit to govern anymore.

townhall.com... " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Retaliation: U.S. Launches Tomahawk Missiles Against Syrian Airfields

just this one link so farjust saw it on fox news will post more later, fox jsut said 60 launched at chemical weapons plants.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

missiles fired from the USS Porter and USS Ross.
targets also included airfields MSNBC.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well, that was fast. I have to agree with Trump on this one. I'm surprised he's standing up to Russia, who wants Assad to stay in power.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

looks like we got our balls back. i believe this was a good message, new management is in charge and apparently they are kicking some butt

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The leaks in the this administration have to stop. Why the hell would we announce we are going to fire missiles? What god awful reason is there for that? So they could move their planes, chemical weapons, etc?? It's obnoxious. President photo-op.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

they didn't announce it. my understanding they told the russians just before the launch.
the attack went off without a hitch.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Am I wrong, or was it announced on Fox, NBC, etc, that the attack was imminent?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Am I wrong, or was it announced on Fox, NBC, etc, that the attack was imminent?

The MSM Pentagon correspondents were told to keep quiet until the strikes actually happened. As far as I know, the only idiot who couldn't keep the secret was Hillary Clinton. (She has MSM contacts and, of course, former President Bill, who is kept in the loop.)

If any MSM networks announced these attacks before they happened, those networks will NOT be included in the next pre-attack briefing.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I read on twitter 4 hours ago that the press corps at the Pentagon was told they probably wouldn't want to go home yet (source), which the press pool inferred to mean some sort of military action was going down tonight.
In fact, Malcolm Nance stated it would probably happen, between 6 and 10 pm est, as that is the time frame for military action. source
Online speculation was that Syria would be the target.

edit on 4/6/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

no they said it had occurred, that's why i posted, there are two other threads in the WWIII forum also.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Please refer to post directly above your post to which I am now responding. It seems there's some disagreement on this topic. I guess the need for a pre-attack press briefing is beyond me. I can't say that Trump is the first to do this but given his stated abhorrence for the MSM, why would he do it? Maybe it's just the day-in-age, but I dislike this.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well, doesn't all this just fall together nicely?

Chemical attacks, my arse.

The same chemical weapons 'liberated' from Libya by a certain western proxy army, I suppose?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The fact that people believe Assad would be stupid enough to use chemical weapons amazes me. The "sheeple" syndrome is at the highest point we have ever seen.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Um, has a chemical warfare agent been identified? If not then launching attacks is absurd, as it wasnt inherently a actual chem warhead strike.

Why would Assad be so dumb? What would be the point? Like he really ran out of bombs and bullets??!?

Which brings us to WHO BENEFITS?????????

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Okay, so did the attack happen, or not?

Maybe this was a classic Trump Trolls The MSM tactic to bust them all jumping the gun?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Olivine

Okay, so did the attack happen, or not?

Maybe this was a classic Trump Trolls The MSM tactic to bust them all jumping the gun?

Oh definitely. The Russians are not happy. The base is in rubble.

The Saudi Arabians and Turks are absolutely ecstatic though.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrwiffler
The fact that people believe Assad would be stupid enough to use chemical weapons amazes me. The "sheeple" syndrome is at the highest point we have ever seen.

Exactly.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

"I stress to you once again: the Syrian army has not, did not, and will not use this kind of weapons - not just against our own people, but even against the terrorists that are targeting our civilians indiscriminately," he said at a press conference in Damascus.

Muallem said the Syrian army had bombed a warehouse belonging to rebels that contained chemical weapons, echoing earlier comments made by Russia, a key ally of the Assad government. The rebels deny this.

www.aljazeera.com...
edit on 7-4-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee
We get played time and time again
Trump needs some ratings and its a perfect opportunity
Tell the Russians you're doing it so none of them get hurt...they can posture later.
Nothing will come of it. Send a big message all over...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

"I stress to you once again: the Syrian army has not, did not, and will not use this kind of weapons - not just against our own people, but even against the terrorists that are targeting our civilians indiscriminately," he said at a press conference in Damascus.

Muallem said the Syrian army had bombed a warehouse belonging to rebels that contained chemical weapons, echoing earlier comments made by Russia, a key ally of the Assad government. The rebels deny this.

www.aljazeera.com...

Uh huh. A warehouse full of chemical weapons that were not there according to john kerry. The russians were keeping Assad safe from reprisal in the UN and That is why he felt he could use chemical weapons. Russian Veto power at work.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join