It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Effect Andromeda - Patch 1.05 Out Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Good news for those of us that have been waiting for game improvements and bug fixes, as patch 1.05 goes live today at 8 AM PST.

According to the patch notes, looks like Bioware is taking everyone's complaints about the faces seriously, along with a lot of other graphical problems that people didn't like:

We’ve introduced a number of balance changes to single player and multiplayer, and resolved some issues with saves not working properly. We’ve also improved lip-sync and facial acting during some conversations, and have implemented a much-requested change that allows players to skip the autopilot sequences in the galaxy map.

Listed among the patch notes:

Improved lip-sync and facial acting during some conversations, including localized VO

Fixed an issue with Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern

Improved the appearance of eyes for human and asari characters

Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct

Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs

Bioware - Patch 1.05 Notes Blog

There's some other improvements coming too, such as increasing the amount your inventory can hold.

Their servers will go off line at 8 AM PST to begin the update which will affect multiplayer and strike team missions.

From what I understand from searching, Bioware will be making more patches over the next couple of months, many of which are addressing a lot of the complaints from fans over the game, including improvements of character creation with many more options available.

So for those that were hating the game who have gotten it already, looks like there's some light shining here for ya, and for those who didn't want to get the game until these issues were cleared up, looks like you won't be waiting for half a year or more.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I am glad Bioware is fixing their game. This is one of a few patches that will address the glaring issues of the title.
What annoys me is the information that came out since then that vindicates those of us who were critiqueing the footage being put on.

they intentionally made everyone unattractive in order to not offend people who dont like good looking people.
This was pointed out before the game and it was thought as just bad shaders by the apologists, or could use some tweaking, bad footage used, etc etc...but nope, now confirmed..they intentionally made all females plain and unattractive. They "sexed down" the women. This was considered a conspiracy back in feburary, and confirmed this week as a intent that backfired.

They also outsourced the animations to nobody companies that used untested algorithms for animations of face and body.

Anyhow, It is all complaints the "manbabys" were saying for months that bioware ignored figuring it was just a few jerks were saying..come to find out it was most gamers and gaming outlets..their bad reviews are deserved as it got them to wake up from their dismissive a-hole mentality and actually fix it. Bioware is really starting to annoy me because they were always a solid company. They need to go back to their roots...fire the sabotours and the progressives who want to damage the product, and make quality games again.

Anyhow, I am a step closer to buying the game with this new patch..glad they woke up, now time to stop apologizing and start restructuring

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Patch is live now.

Just started downloading. It's 1.94 GB big.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

You forgot to add [/rant] to your post.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Okay, so the patch is done for me and I loaded it up to take a quick look.

First, yes, my total items for inventory went up. It was 50 it's now 100 items allowed:

Next I decided to take a quick look at character eyes, as the patch notes said they were adjusting human and asari eyes. First up is PeeBee, stock image of before the patch:

After the patch:

Not seeing a huge difference here, but that could also be because of the black racoon band she has across her eyes. so let's look at Dr. Lexi's eyes. Stock photo:

After patch:

Looks like they added ridging around her eyes and eye brows.

Next: Cora, first a pre-patch image:

After the patch:

Looks like she has more eye shadow added, but also they have have darkened her skin texture some.

Next is Addison. Pre-Patch:

After patch:

Not really seeing a change at all with her eyes.

I did notice that dialog now has numbers next to it where it was not before though.

I'll post any other big changes I noticed here.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Hey, is it just me or is PeeBee the only asari in the game with an actual, unique face? The rest of them look like they made one face and cut and pasted it and them slapped some cosmetic changes over it like changing the skin tone slightly and slap some paint on them?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

PeeBee and Cora never looked all that terrible to me, but I haven't actually gone in game to look to see what the patch has done yet. Ryder looks worse than both of them so far.
edit on 6-4-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I made a new Ryder about a week ago to play. Doesn't look all that bad to me:

I do remember throughout the series Asari come in all shades of blue, some even going towards a violet color. Many different face tattoos, some with none.

In the first 3 games, they have a lot of different facial features with their eyes, cheek bones, nose and mouth shapes, giving us a variety of faces:

Benezia

Liara

Samara

Filare

Aria T'loak

I've seen some differences between asari in Andromeda, but not enough main characters to really pay attention to. So I'm not sure if they varied the looks a whole lot or not.

edit on 4/6/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
gamers ranting is how we got them to fix their s@*t

I love the ME universe..I will buy..just want them to be the company I know they can be.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Hey, is it just me or is PeeBee the only asari in the game with an actual, unique face? The rest of them look like they made one face and cut and pasted it and them slapped some cosmetic changes over it like changing the skin tone slightly and slap some paint on them?

Yes
She is unique amongst asari

I often wondered what Danny Devito would look like as an Asari

I miss my Liara

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

From what I understand from searching, Bioware will be making more patches over the next couple of months, many of which are addressing a lot of the complaints from fans over the game, including improvements of character creation with many more options available.

I was wanting to make another character and play through the game again once today's patch came out, and then I decided that I wouldn't bother until they add the improved character customisation in the creator. I was one of the people disappointed with how I could barely adjust Ryder's face. Even just a choice in eyebrows! Please.

At least by that time, surely the bugs will be mostly ironed out.

I did enjoy my first 92 hours in the game, regardless of the few bugs and glitches I experienced. Once the updated character creator arrives, I intend to enjoy 90 more!

originally posted by: ketsuko

I noticed the Asari clones also. I think the Asari pathfinder had a slightly different face; but other than her and Peebee, the rest all have the same model.

ETA:
I saw this picture earlier. Showing the before-and-afters of Suvi and Addison's faces.

edit on 6 4 2017 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

That's what I mean though!

In the original trilogy, the asari had different facial structures. They took the time to vary then like they did with the humans. The humans in ME:A have a mix of different underlying facial structures, but the asari don't seem to. Aside from PeeBee, they all seem to be one underlying facial structure with simple cosmetic changes like different skin tone and paint slapped on them.

It would be like if they took your Scott Ryder head model that you pictured above and made all human male heads be that exact same structure just with different skin tones, eye colors, and hair colors/styles. You'd notice.

In other news, the romance game is confusing me. I seem to have ninja-manced Jaal while romanicing Liam and Lexi's psych profile hints at me playing hard to get!

Oh, well ...
edit on 6-4-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Never did any of the romances in any of the games. To busy running around making stuff or shooting stuff or exploring, hehehe.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

I might need to check my graphic settings. I rarely play any game with things set as high as they can go, and that might make a big difference. I'll give it a try and see.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Oh yah! Big difference.

The game had auto set my graphics to medium. I changed them to high, only a slight performance hit, but wow, did the faces change quite a bit. A lot more detail now.

When I get a chance, I'll do some running around and take snap shots of different asari I run into and we can look at them here.

top topics

join