It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we detected the first signs of Alien Technology?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
Of course there is only one Earth but probably very many Earth-like planets.

So you agree that there are singular, unique things in the universe, which could include a planet where a very strange grouping of chemicals happened that somehow became "life," for lack of a better word.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
In the modern world, the first signs of Alien Technology happened in 1942, minimum. Weather balloons do not fly against the wind and are not bullet proof.

But of course alien technology goes all the way back to Ballbek and beyond.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

So you agree that there are singular, unique things in the universe, which could include a planet where a very strange grouping of chemicals happened that somehow became "life," for lack of a better word.

Your twisting my words. Earth is earth, its our home planet. It would be nice to think that earth will be singular but there is a high probability that their will be another earth like planet, size, elements, look and feel however when I said only one earth well because there will be planets that do all that earth does but maybe its size is larger, smaller, whichever. Still there will be planets that contain the same chemistry as earth as to create life it only takes simple chemical acidic reactions.

However life does not always need our building blocks to survive.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: johndeere2020

Your posts here are extremely interesting.

Where are you doing your work?

And for whom? A general answer is fine as long as it points to the "right church", so to speak...

There is one group with whom you should be working if you wish to make any real progress. You know who I'm talking about, correct?

Thanks! No, I don't work for anybody. I'm treating it like a long term hobby. I only work on it when I have spare time for it. Unfortunately, spare time is not forthcoming at the moment. Not having much luck getting a job that gives the same income but more free time, especially the weekends and evenings.

Ironically, money is never a problem so far. I recycle materials for it like the fine aluminum particles I needed for it comes from recycled beer cans, the resin needed comes from recycled polypropylene (PP) from discarded plastic containers. The copper strips come from discarded cables. These materials can give me reasonably high relative permittivity materials at almost no cost and it's very robust! The more sophisticated things I need is actually cheap enough to buy.

I tried joining research groups before but the problem is I don't have the qualifications. I only have engineering degree in an unrelated field but that's it.

Another group I tried to join folded. There supposed to be a "supporting business" unrelated but failed to materialize. Even if it did, Visa is going to be a problem due to lack of qualification (unrelated field).

But I don't really need a dedicated group. My background is left for ridicule. All I need is a job that can give me more free time and I can work it out on my own.

Anyhow, what group are you talking about? I've not really been in touch with anyone, aside from those that failed and I got rejected for lack of qualifications.

I only work in my small room in my parent's house. I still don't make enough money to afford my own place. It's pathetic I know!
edit on 6-4-2017 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The recent exoplanets and general alien buzz seems, at least, to have generated a new business opportunity for some:

Firm sets up alien insurance waiting list

Well, whatever you say about the human race, we sure are an enterprising species.

BT

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
On a more serious note, here is a link to the actual research paper.

The first interferometric detections of Fast Radio Bursts

There is an abstract there and on the right hand side (top) there is a download link for the published paper in pdf format.

Now you can read it for yourself.

BT

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

As much as I agree that the chemical groupings here on Earth...in our "Goldilocks Zone"...could be unique, I am more inclined to believe that the vast size of the Universe and it's untold possibilities, give rise to our planet not being unique.

I am not a 'Carbon Chavinist'...
CC Wikipedia

...and even here, on Earth, we find the slight exceptions to the established rules...
Gizmodo: NASA Finds New Life

All I am saying is that while I always respect the views and opinions of others, I like to keep mine wide open as much as I possibly can allow myself.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
Still there will be planets that contain the same chemistry as earth as to create life it only takes simple chemical acidic reactions.

Nobody knows what it takes to create life. Not even you.

Show me some.
edit on 7-4-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Honestly, as much fun as it is to fantasize about aliens taking over the planet, it ain't happening.

And if it did, it would be a manufactured hollywood creature feature.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Still there will be planets that contain the same chemistry as earth as to create life it only takes simple chemical acidic reactions.

Nobody knows what it takes to create life. Not even you.

Show me some.

Its like you deny what is clearly plentiful information that is out there to read. Maybe you like hiding from the obvious. Anyhow to school you.

Fish and other lifeforms living in sulphuric acid and similar compounds which would kill you or anyone else trying to live in those conditions and this is on earth.

Considering this and this alone proves what I already said, that life does not need a perfect blend of elements for us to live as other life on this very planet survive here perfectly in conditions that would kill most other life on this planet.

Sea plankton 'found living outside International Space Station'

link

This again, shows yet again life exist even in zero gravity. Without any of the building blocks we thought needed to survive. Not just living either but the plankton are 'thriving' out in space.

I could go on but what else do I need to say. Please dont be ignorant, learn.

.... and as another poster pointed out, great article: Nase Finds New Life
edit on 7-4-2017 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Just wanted to reply to you and your reply to another poster here. The web page you produced on NASA finding new life was great find and interesting to read. It clearly explains to the other poster here exactly my point in my above comment. Life does not need our Goldilocks setup, it can survive in any which way it wishes. Only humans live this way, any other life can be created and thrive in any other conditions you may want to see my above post too, fish living in sulphur and other things similar to this.
edit on 7-4-2017 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Fish and other lifeforms living in sulphuric acid and similar compounds which would kill you or anyone else trying to live in those conditions and this is on earth.

Yes, we know that life is very adaptable. But that's not the same as a bunch of chemicals somehow finding their way together and deciding to eat, poop, and reproduce (not necessarily in that order).

Please dont be ignorant, learn.

Right back at you.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
I applaud them for trying but why would an advanced alien race send out Radio Signals? Also, in order to detect such thing wouldn't we need to be considered advanced? Maybe it's other humans on the same wagon that we are?

Edit: I missed the reasoning behind why they think that.

yeah that's my question too...and by the way, if it was a prehistoric (to them) radio signal...you wouldn't have a burst....those signals spread out everywhere, they would be continuous (until shut off), and earth encompassing for however long the signal was active.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yes, we know that life is very adaptable. But that's not the same as a bunch of chemicals somehow finding their way together and deciding to eat, poop, and reproduce (not necessarily in that order).

Please dont be ignorant, learn.

Right back at you.

Are you religious or something? Do you think that this was all creation of God? I really hope not as I think our conversation ends here...

If not and your a sensible human being then to put it very simply I already answered your somewhat blatant attempt to somehow make out that life could not occur from nothing or by chance?

Life is adaptable yes, given its constraints on its surface. However life does not need our building blocks, as I say again. To create simple life, you only need acidic reactions and this can come from the most basic of chemical reactions. Knowing that many of the chemical soup that exist on earth exists elsewhere then life could very well be created just like we have been. If you really wish to believe that we are special, then I guess the path to discover the beauty of the universe is not for you to discover.

Complex life comes from those basic building blocks over very long periods of time, this does not come from any theory. This comes from common sense looking at the facts present. This is not a belief, this is factual. The word belief should not come into it, however this is again often something that plagues discovery.

A bunch of chemicals that exist universally with more chemicals missed from the periodic table then even science knows should already show you that those circumstances comes out with a VERY positive number of possible planets with complex life.

Just because there is nothing document to the public of discovered life does not mean it isn't already found or, is not going to be found. That more probable then lets say, any prophet of religious texts showing their lazy ass.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

However life does not need our building blocks, as I say again. To create simple life, you only need acidic reactions and this can come from the most basic of chemical reactions. Knowing that many of the chemical soup that exist on earth exists elsewhere then life could very well be created just like we have been. If you really wish to believe that we are special, then I guess the path to discover the beauty of the universe is not for you to discover.

I don't wish to believe anything, including some vague theory about how life might spring up from any number of random batches of chemicals on some distant planet, especially when there is absolutely no indication of that ever actually happening.

If discovering the beauty of the universe means taking theories and holding them to be fact -- with no solid evidence to back them up -- then I guess I'll be left out. I think I can stand it.

edit on 7-4-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

However life does not need our building blocks, as I say again. To create simple life, you only need acidic reactions and this can come from the most basic of chemical reactions. Knowing that many of the chemical soup that exist on earth exists elsewhere then life could very well be created just like we have been. If you really wish to believe that we are special, then I guess the path to discover the beauty of the universe is not for you to discover.

I don't wish to believe anything, including some vague theory about how life might spring up from any number of random batches of chemicals on some distant planet, especially when there is absolutely no indication of that ever actually happening.

If discovering the beauty of the universe means taking theories and holding them to be fact -- with no solid evidence to back them up -- then I guess I'll be left out. I think I can stand it.

No indication of basic chemical reactions? What in earth are you talking about.

Pre-biotic chemicals accumulated, polymerised, and eventually reproduce. The leap from an aggregate of molecules that reproduces to become simple prokaryotic cell would have taken many smaller evolutionary steps but eventually its succession would leave us where we are today.

We know that we evolve this can be seen in present day, basic adaption of our immune system to drugs can be seen as one clear example. They mutate.

Just like all the various species that are coming into abundance every year that passes, another new species is found. These are changes to genetic makeup not adaptions as you wish to seemingly portray as what this is. Which has been proved also.

I do not hold any theory as fact but the whole pie certainly makes a factual progression to common and sensible conclusion that clearly if complex life can exist here it can anywhere.

Numbers alone of predictions, even if you took away all but the very last numbers you would still have Staggering! results of possible complex life holding planets.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

The reason that alien's are contacting us now is because we finally have a president who can handle interstelar diplomacy. Thank God President Trump is in office and not that Kenyan born imposter (King Hussein Obama).

Its probably an invitation to join some broader galactic federation.

It makes me proud to be american.

I really can't tell if you're joking or not. I could think of thousands of other people who would handle being a global representation of all humans better than Trump. Hell, I know more dogs that could handle it better
edit on 7/4/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

a reply to: fromtheskydown

Just wanted to reply to you and your reply to another poster here. The web page you produced on NASA finding new life was great find and interesting to read. It clearly explains to the other poster here exactly my point in my above comment. Life does not need our Goldilocks setup, it can survive in any which way it wishes. Only humans live this way, any other life can be created and thrive in any other conditions you may want to see my above post too, fish living in sulphur and other things similar to this.

I am of the mind that if all other civilisations in the Universe were of a similiar or exact make-up as Humanity, then the place would get pretty boring, pretty quickly. As you say, the numbers alone should be enough to confirm life's abundance but the ball is in our court to prove it. We know life exists here on Earth and now we have to find it elsewhere and I believe that we are making great strides toward that proof.

I'm not sure if Blueshift is religious or not...and it doesn't really matter...he has his [or her] beliefs and I have to respect those for what they are. You could both argue until the cows come home and still be no further on. I think the diversity of beliefs is also a good thing, as it creates conversation and the stimulus to prove each other wrong can often aid further discoveries.

I think a lot about life and the complexities of existence...but when my football team wins, it all goes on the back-burner for the meanwhile.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Short answer? no. Long answer? no way.

There are many explanations-binary pulsars, binary neutron stars colliding, etc. No species and no matter how sophicated they are could replicate the sheer power of that magnitude.

These blasts such as gamma ray bursters produce more energy in a second then our sun will in its lifetime so it would be impossible for any alien race to summon that kind of power. Not to mention a signal that strong would irradiate any planet within thousands of light years of the signals trajectory and any advanced species would recognize the risk.

Not to mention if there was a signal sent, the sender would be long dead. Best to stick with pen pals for now.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The problem with saying something is technologically impossible, is of course that knowing what is impossible is... hehe ... impossible.

It's even difficult to hold on to what is impossible for the next couple of years.

Here is a fun list presenting a small selection of things that were considered impossible for us to do, and turned out to be quite possible after all.

Cheers,

BT
edit on 9-4-2017 by beetee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join