It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we detected the first signs of Alien Technology?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
A new article talks about FRB's (fast radio bursts). This could be the first sign of extraterrestrial tech. It would also mean these Aliens would be advanced.

Mysterious signals called fast radio bursts (FRB) are from deep space and could be evidence of advanced alien technology, according to a study Australian scientists published Monday.

The study concluded that FRB could be generated by advanced aliens. FRB are millisecond long pulses of radio light originating from extremely deep space. They are roughly one billion times more luminous than anything ever detected in our own Milky Way galaxy.

These bursts were debated earlier and this study confirms that they originate from space which strengthens the hypothesis that they originate from an Alien race. This is because one of the natural explanations was, it didn't originate from space but were some type of local interference. We now know this isn't the case.

Other research has previously suggested that FRBs might be leakage from extremely technologically advanced aliens using planet-sized transmitters to power interstellar probes in distant galaxies. The FRB’s level of power could plausibly be used to push payloads of a million tons of probes or spacecraft to extremely high speeds using interstellar light sails.

Radio astronomers detected numerous milliseconds fast radio bursts, from various parts of space. FRB 121102 was particularly intriguing to scientists, as the signal sporadically repeated and scientists have long thought that a repeating signal could be an indicator of an intelligent alien civilization.

Scientists estimate that the odds of humanity being the only civilization in the universe are less than one chance in about “10 billion trillion.”

Source Article:
dailycaller.com...

Here's a video that talks about this more.

The last line in the video destroys the argument that Aliens couldn't reach us. It says, if this tech exists and is used, it could carry passengers throughout interstellar or even intergalactic distances.
edit on 4-4-2017 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's interesting, but unfortunately the way these things usually play out is that it's not aliens, but rather a hitherto unknown form of star or stray planet being "semaphored" in some way.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My guess - remnants of magnetars or pulsars.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yeah happened before, I remember when they first heard the pulses from a pulsar and claimed alien life
Some people call it fools gold for a reason

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It's an alien message: "Prepare to be annihilated." or it could be nothing....

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The fact that they caught one of these actually repeating is very interesting.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The scientists also had the same fears about the early problems of figuring out what the things deemed "quasars" were about. Now, these scientists are more mature AND actually looking for life out there. So while more savvy in that area, they can't help wondering if this isn't the big one.

From the OP source: "Other research has previously suggested that FRBs might be leakage from extremely technologically advanced aliens using planet-sized transmitters to power interstellar probes in distant galaxies. The FRB’s level of power could plausibly be used to push payloads of a million tons of probes or spacecraft to extremely high speeds using interstellar light sails."

So, here you go, folks, an explanation for UFOs here and now, be they complex probes or crewed. Now, if they would only get around to wondering if those pulses are actually the tell-tale signs of the actual ships, in retro fire as they approach.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

There talking about solar sails they aren't going to get here from there when they can't even reach near the speed of light. Thank of a speed boat vs a sail boat. Your video speculates they are trying to reach us in a very slow way not to mention they are in a different galaxy meaning they aren't going to get here with outdated solar sails. Especially if they have tone be twice as big as the earth.
edit on 4/4/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: Raggedyman

The scientists also had the same fears about the early problems of figuring out what the things deemed "quasars" were about. Now, these scientists are more mature AND actually looking for life out there. So while more savvy in that area, they can't help wondering if this isn't the big one.

From the OP source: "Other research has previously suggested that FRBs might be leakage from extremely technologically advanced aliens using planet-sized transmitters to power interstellar probes in distant galaxies. The FRB’s level of power could plausibly be used to push payloads of a million tons of probes or spacecraft to extremely high speeds using interstellar light sails."

So, here you go, folks, an explanation for UFOs here and now, be they complex probes or crewed. Now, if they would only get around to wondering if those pulses are actually the tell-tale signs of the actual ships, in retro fire as they approach.

Exactly!

What also makes this more powerful is that it was predicted.

Radio astronomers detected numerous milliseconds fast radio bursts, from various parts of space. FRB 121102 was particularly intriguing to scientists, as the signal sporadically repeated and scientists have long thought that a repeating signal could be an indicator of an intelligent alien civilization.

So it isn't like they found a repeating signal and they're saying it could be Alien. Scientist were saying a repeating FRB bursts could point to Alien Life before they found the neddle in the haystack which was a repeating FRB burst.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

Ditto Extremely Interesting!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The reason that alien's are contacting us now is because we finally have a president who can handle interstelar diplomacy. Thank God President Trump is in office and not that Kenyan born imposter (King Hussein Obama).

Its probably an invitation to join some broader galactic federation.

It makes me proud to be american.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Galactic disco at the end of the universe? ... YES ! ... The Restaurant at the end of the Universe !!! As in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy...

HHGttG

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

If these Fast Radio Bursts are recorded, can't we slow them down enough to analyze anything about them? We might actually hear an imbedded language of some type.

Still a ton of mysteries out there in the Universe aren't there? As a kid, I used to love reading about mysteries of space. Then, over time, mankind started solving them, and it appeared that the only mysteries left were those that average people (like me) couldn't/didn't care to, understand. (strings, quarks, dark matter, etc..)

Now, with those 7 Earth-like planets around one star, and these Fast Radio Bursts, mysteries that are exciting to non-scientists are re-appearing once again!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
The last line in the video destroys the argument that Aliens couldn't reach us. It says, if this tech exists and is used, it could carry passengers throughout interstellar or even intergalactic distances.

I don't think EM waves are directly being used to propel a vehicle across space by advanced interstellar aliens.

I'm developing an advanced space propulsion system to replace the rocket technology. It is now past theoretical stage and with success during trials. It uses quantum principles and nearly three orders of magnitude more efficient than EM radiation based propulsion in actual measurements taken!

The theoretical speed limit of the technology is Faster-than-light -- if the principle of "Frame Dragging" holds out in reality in conjunction with General Relativity. Acceleration rate with optimum materials used will exceed rocket acceleration rate.

The technology I'm working with is simple enough that all the science knowledge that matter is already available by the early 20th century. It could have been made as early as World War 1. My motivation in trying to conceive the idea during the 80's was the ability to move around in air or space or water as efficiently as possible.

The only way a powerful radiation could be conceived in connection with a similar technology I'm developing is through the "Bremsstrahlung Radiation" like when such starship is rapidly decelerating from a relativistic speed. The action would produce intense radiation with laser-like coherence. A succession might indicate a staggered deceleration sequence or a close formation of ships decelerating at about the same time.

A Bremsstrahlung Radiation origin in connection in Faster-than-light propulsion could also indicate starships decelerating that pointed exactly at Earth (or around the Earth's vicinity)... Because the radiation type is coherent like laser. These could be very large starships shooting straight for Earth or our Sun.

An alien civilization capable of producing incredibly powerful coherent beam of photons would definitely possess faster-than-light technology. It's either coming from the braking sequence of their motherships or another technology with unknown purpose, perhaps, a weapon or communication system.
edit on 5-4-2017 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

The reason that alien's are contacting us now is because we finally have a president who can handle interstelar diplomacy. Thank God President Trump is in office and not that Kenyan born imposter (King Hussein Obama).

Its probably an invitation to join some broader galactic federation.

It makes me proud to be american.

Really?, I mean REALLY?, Mr D J Trump has so far not shown much in the way of diplomacy, how the hell did he even get mentined in a topic on FRB is beyond me.

Lets hope these signals are something positive in this universe

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I applaud them for trying but why would an advanced alien race send out Radio Signals? Also, in order to detect such thing wouldn't we need to be considered advanced? Maybe it's other humans on the same wagon that we are?

Edit: I missed the reasoning behind why they think that.
edit on 5-4-2017 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Do Not Panic
Bring your towel

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
im guessing its a very high tech communication signal that has terabytes of information in it that we cant or do not have the tech to catch it and decode it

and i want to add that the signal is sent randomly in all directions because they dont know where is the location of other civilizations
edit on 5 4 2017 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
im guessing its a very high tech communication signal that has terabytes of information in it that we cant or do not have the tech to catch it and decode it

and i want to add that the signal is sent randomly in all directions because they dont know where is the location of other civilizations

Maybe it's large chunks of data being beamed between motherships throughout the universe, or maybe it's communication packets for a universal internet. Maybe it's powering some kind of advanced propulsion....I find this subject very interesting.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

appologies - but i switched off at :

millisecond long pulses of radio light originating

to save my sanity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join