It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Trump university alumni sue Trump for fraud

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We should go after that scamming bastard Ronald McDonald next. He's been pulling this Hamburger University unaccredited scam school crap for years. He's got deep pockets too.

Strangely enough Hamburger U has some courses that you can get college credit for. Most likely because it's not a get rich quick scam and meets on a campus rather than in the local VFW reception hall.

I think 80% of the money refunded is damn lucky. Most money lost in scams never get recovered. Scammers are scum, but I'm not going to stop holding these people partially responsible. This was preying on their own greed and it worked. This wasn't a contractor telling granny that her roof was about to collapse and taking off with her life savings.

ETA: Trump has only himself to blame for the hassle, he licences his name all the time.

edit on 3/30/17 by Ksihkehe because: Added some stuff.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Wait, so you don't hold Trump accountable at all for Trump University? Are you KIDDING ME?!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It had his name on it. I do hold Trump accountable. However, I don't think Trump intentionally scammed anyone and, as I said, it wasn't run by him. Everyone makes mistakes. Trump university was Trump's biggest mistake in his life.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
The NY attorney general let the fraud university scam students so he can cash in when students sue. He is not a man of high moral caliber.

That's some mental gymnastics if I've ever seen any!

You're not supposed to worship and make excuses for POTUS. You're supposed hold them accountable with their feet to the fire otherwise they will walk all over you. And that's exactly what you're not doing, instead you pass the buck to anyone but Trump.

So much for making America great, again.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Just because you think Trump had nothing to do with the scam doesn't mean it's true. If Trump had nothing to do with a scam that had HIS NAME on it then he wouldn't have settled for 25 MILLION DOLLARS.

Trump knew exactly what he was doing but your best case scenario is that he's one incompetent business man, which doesn't bold well for him at all. Either way, it's lose-lose.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Trump was a bad man for incorporating Trump university. There. I said it. I don't worship any person. I don't demonize any person. I'm neutral when it comes to judging anyone.

As for 25 million. It's peanuts compared to Trump's income. Trump earns more than 500 million a year. Trump has hundreds of Trump brand businesses.
edit on 30-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

Trump is running again in 2020. He is doing as best as he can.

Hindsight is 2020. This time we won't elect Trump.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

Are these the same schmucks that failed at flipping burgers at Mc'dees ?

No. Trump University didn't market to those people. They mainly marketed to retirees looking to supplement their savings with some extra income. Then they encouraged those same people to hand over their savings.

That type of model is predatory, and if not illegal... it should be.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It's still a while to go. Who's to know the future? Bush got elected TWICE. Obama got elected TWICE. We don't know what the US will be like in 2020? Maybe it'll be better. Maybe it'll be worse.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

It's legal for marketers to encourage. It's not legal for marketers to force people to buy at gunpoint.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
IF you are stupid enough to pay someone for a real estate seminar, you kinda deserve it.

If you are stupid enough to elect that same fraudster an American President after all is known, you kinda deserve it too, unless of course you also applaud that President's rationale as President is based on the same ideals.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Trump paid 25 million to former students for an 80% recoup on what they spent. These students now sue Trump for a 100% refund. They say Trump university was a fraud. Trump university was a fraud university set up and run by a crook named Michael Sexton. The ads stated Trump university would teach students Trump's business secrets to real estate success. Instead, the students were given 5 years old videos that were useless. Overall, Trump university was the worst Trump brand business ever. No question about that.

Michael Sexton that crook went into hiding to escape justice.

Trump earns more than 500 millions income annually. He can easily shell out a few millions more to fully refund Trump university alumni who got conned by Michael Sexton that crook.

link

wont happen the minute they accepted the money from the settlement the case is closed. They cant sue for more money the only way they can sue is to have opted out of the class action law suit. My guess is not many if any at all sent in the paperwork to opt out.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Soooo. Let me get this straight. Our President put his name on a scam "university," and made money off of it, as well as provided materials to make people think it was a real "golden" opportunity, and people here are just gliding over that fact and blaming those that TRUSTED TRUMP because they'd seen him on TV and believed in his integrity.

Wow. So blame the victim because they trusted the man y'all have trusted to run this country.

Fools are born every minute amiright?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Trump is not a fraud. A fraud would never become a successful businessman. A business's most important quality is trust. 1 mistake does not a fraud make.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
So ... in summary, it's not Trump's fault he lied, it's the fault of the people who believed him.

Yep.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Trump didn't lie. Michael Sexton did. He was the crook who run Trump university. Trump doesn't manage each Trump brand business. As an analogy, Vince McMahon owns RAW and Smackdown, but each of RAW and Smackdown is run by its own general manager.
edit on 30-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Soooo. Let me get this straight. Our President put his name on a scam "university," and made money off of it,

Trump university only accounted for less than 1% of Trump's income. Trump didn't need Trump university in the first place.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Trump is not a fraud. A fraud would never become a successful businessman. A business's most important quality is trust. 1 mistake does not a fraud make.

Aside from the almost admirable naivete of your statement ... uh, no:

Donald Trump's History of Corruption - A Comprehensive Review - Vox

The Definitive Roundup of Trump's Scandals and Business Failures - National Review

2 Million Other References on Google

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

It's still a while to go. Who's to know the future? Bush got elected TWICE. Obama got elected TWICE. We don't know what the US will be like in 2020? Maybe it'll be better. Maybe it'll be worse.

I just wanted to use the hindsight is 2020 line. If Trump can do some good (it's too early to say either way right now) then I'll eventually feel that we made the right choice in this election. However, I felt strongly about the 2016 election that the best possible outcome, regardless of who we got would be that we would have a 1 term President. I was born in the Reagan years, and in my lifetime every single President I've lived under except for one was in the Oval Office for 8 years, and the one that wasn't was still VP for 8 and Pres for 4. Hillary and Trump are 69, Bernie 71? Out of those big 3 candidates, they're all too old in 4 more years to be reelected. And that was the thing I was looking forward to most here.

It's time to pass the torch to the next generation and to get back to the practice of 4 year terms. I'm sick of them being 8.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Trump has a very long line of failed businesses. As a businessman, he is outright terrible, he hasn't even broken even on his actual businesses over his lifetime. Where he has had success is in marketing his name as meaning quality, and then licensing that name to others to do all the work for him with none of the risk.

He makes his money via celebrity endorsements, his actual business success is practically non existent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join