It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Life" review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What started out as a great concept just degraded into the same old theme we've seen a million times in other SF films, terrible screen play, actors that were wooden and stiff, location that after a few minutes just got boring and same same. The attempts at horror were so predictable as was the ending.
Not worth the price of the ticket imo.

edit on 28-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Thanks for the review. Guess I'll wait for it to be on Netflix.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I just now came home from seeing this movie. I agree with your review, but it still got my heart rate up a couple of times. I rate it 2 out of 5 stars, for the couple of intense moments.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Haven't seen it yet but thanks for the review i'll keep it in mind when i do see it.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I've seen at least one review that disagrees.

That reviewer felt it was a credible attempt at an Alien style movie with a more "realistic" spin, as in, a more what if premise. He felt that pulled that angle off well. He also liked the CGI effects which he felt were both very well done and did not detract from the movie like they too often do.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My reviews are totally subjective. I do have a background in film as a SAG/AFTRA actor/director/producer/screenwriter and IATSE crew, camera and sound, making films, from commercials to feature big budget shows. Perhaps I tend to be overly critical, especially from the acting/performance, screenplay categories. In no way do I pretend to be a published reviewer other than ATS. If that's what you are looking for, might I suggest.....rottentomatoes.com for a broad spectrum both pro and con.

I applaud anyone that wants to see the film and comment on my review. Perhaps I should have included a disclaimer in all my reviews...I thought it was self evident.

www.sagaftra.org...

www.iatselocal480.com...

The trailer looks great....

edit on 29-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yes, yes, I know you have industry ties. You aren't exactly shy about letting everyone know about them.

I'm just letting everyone know that there are differing viewpoints on this. The review acknowledge that any film in this genre will be automatically compared to Alien. That's inevitable. He did it himself, but he also said that while it isn't as good as Alien. It did offer what he felt was a somewhat fresh take on it - What would actually happen if this occurred on the International Space Station for a semi-realistic scenario? ... which in his opinion made it just different enough with enough technical quality to stand on its own and be enjoyable.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, yes, I know you have industry ties. You aren't exactly shy about letting everyone know about them.

True, it's called marketing and expanding your brand in a very competitive business. You never know where your next gig will come from. Even ATS has provided some interesting collaborations.

top topics

join