It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Airlines Tried to Bar Girls From Flight for Wearing Leggings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The next thing you know, United Airlines will be requiring women to wear scarves on their faces.

Personally, I don't mind if a nice round a55 in spandex brushes past my face from time to time, especially on an airplane. I mean, it's a very septic environment already. Relatively speaking, a nice A55 wrapped in polyacrylic and redolent of a lady's perfume would be a healthy and pleasant neighbor, IMO, on any long flight.

Bring 'em on! I'm flying Southwestern from now on. They have a sense of humor!

www.yahoo.com...

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

You are misinformed. The women were non-revenue and worked for the airline. When you fly for free you need to still adhere to the airlines dress code. They were wrong, united was right. It's clear cut.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Rules are rules and the company has every right to set them.

Don't fly with the free pass if you take issue.

This is a non-story.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I understand the situation and that the rules were the rules.... But I also know sometimes companies change their policies if there is public outcry.

Is it something worth crying out about? I don't know.

I'm really laid back, I probably wouldn't even complain if the Flight Attendants wore leggings! Although the uniforms they have now are pretty sharp.

I can promise as a passenger I wouldn't give a straight toss what anyone seated was wearing, with the company or not.

-Alee

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Airline bearing the traveling cost of its employees have all the right to implement policies....weather people like it or not

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I don't get it.
The story says two young girls. Social media says children. United says they ere united pass travellers, what's that?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

The thing is, it's not the employees who were rejected on the flight that are taking issue.

It's some deluded busy body feminist social justice warrior sticking her nose into other peoples business without any idea of the situation.

It is however a non-story like all the other jokes of an issue that the SJW's enjoy raging about

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'd make all female employees wear sexy cat outfits, and fire all the males. Except the pilots, we don't want dames flying planes! Ever been to a Wal-Mart parking lot?!?
But I'm a sexist pig......

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
United says they ere united pass travellers, what's that?

A pass traveler, or a 'non-rev(enue)' in the industry, is someone travelling on a free pass, most likely they are related to an employee or a friend of an employee who are travelling for free. United, like every other airline, has dress codes for non-revs since they are in theory representing the company publically.

edit on 27-3-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I can promise as a passenger I wouldn't give a straight toss what anyone seated was wearing, with the company or not.

-Alee

I'm gonna snap some photos of a few of the slobs I see getting on, nothing like having plumber's ass 6" away from you when Mr. Droopy Sweats is trying to muscle his carryon into the overhead.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

In addition, when you travel non-rev, not only must you wear business casual, you should be really nice to gate attendants.
You don't want to get bumped and have to wait for a different flight. Buddy passes are free, but you still pay taxes on each leg of your trip. When the cost is within a $100-200, I buy a regular ticket--much less stress than flying standby.
edit on 3/27/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

When I was growing up my dad worked for an airline. We flew all over the world for free. Friends and neighbors thought we were rich. They went camping. We went to Hawaii. They went to the beach. So did we. In the Caribbean. They saw the statue of liberty. I saw the Eiffel tower.
The one and only requirement for all that free airfare? We needed to dress appropriately.
In those days it was no jeans. My sister and I were forced to travel in coach while the other four family members were in first class on a trip out to L.A. in the seventies because we wore jeans.
On the way back my sister and I both wore dresses high heels and hosiery.
And makeup just in case.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
In addition, when you travel non-rev, not only must you wear business casual, you should be really nice to gate attendants.

Agreed. I am always nice as I have gotten to know some of them since I travel weekly on many of the same flights.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru
You wanna fly free, then you will do as they say.

Wanna wear leggings...buy your own ticket!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Not only are employees required to dress appropriately, they must fly stand by. Meaning they only get on if, after everyone who had paid has boarded, there are still empty seats. Luckily most often the empty seats are in first class.
Once your in the seat you are a first class passenger. China, silverware, real food even a flower in a tiny vase.
Most of the time my family flew on United for domestic flights.
When you work for an airline the free flights cross company lines. We flew on United, delta , continental.
Only when we went overseas did we actually fly the airline my dad worked for. ELAL the Israeli airline. Took them to Paris, and Frankfurt.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I can understand that they have to obey by the rules due to them fling as employees. Thy obviously have to look decent. However did I read the persons in question were two 10 year old girls?
Since when are they mistaken for employees and since when do kids leggins [when worn with T-shirt and shoes] in any way, shape or form indecent or embarrassing to the airline?????????????????

Unless of course everyone in the world is a paedo and girls that age should only wear baggy clothes and cover their faces...

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

It's odd that in all the years that we flew free and stand by every time we never got bumped. And we were a family of six.
My dad must have been really nice to the gate attendants. Lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Since when are they mistaken for employees...

They were not mistaken for employees, they were flying on an employee's non-rev pass and must also adhere to the guidelines of those passes.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

As a child of an employee I had to dress appropriately too. Not just my dad who was the only airline employee in my family.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Such a shame. But rules are rules even though leggins are the best thing to come along since electricity!
edit on 27-3-2017 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join