It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police cite sixth-grade girl for trespassing after taking shortcuts to bus stop

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

How good are you at hedge trimming?

(I think I might have hit on something here. Any chefs around?)
edit on 3/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The cynical is lost on me at the moment...

My bad.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

More mine.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

How good are you at hedge trimming?

Pretty sure most of ATS would trim your hedge for a chance to camp out on your front lawn . Throw a line in , you could tell them what bait to use . Oh i would be so down with that , beat Phage at fishing .

Oh never trimmed a hedge so i dont know .

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

from the OP

Maybe it's a case of the police just being forced to do their job

I don't know, some respect for private property maybe? I dont think bringing children up to be fearful in all their waking moments is a good thing. Certain caution is warranted, maybe the age we are living in is no worse than the 60's when we were young maybe I'm getting old.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I have power tools.
It's easy. But tedious.

edit on 3/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Is this the ATS worship room or...

whoops, wrong room? hehe.. My bad.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22063443]hutch622[/post
Pretty sure most of ATS would trim your hedge for a chance to camp out on your front lawn . Throw a line in , you could tell them what bait to use . Oh i would be so down with that , beat Phage at fishing .

Oh never trimmed a hedge so i dont know .

I'm fairly sure most of ATS would trim the hedge for a chance to camp out on the front lawn just to meet the (in)famous Phage

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Can i bring torches and maybe a three pronged steak knife?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I'm fairly sure most of ATS would trim the hedge for a chance to camp out on the front lawn just to meet the (in)famous Phage

The best part of that is you know everything you say will be refuted , lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Not if we tie up Phage and force him to tell us the Truth!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
That's is why you build a fence boys and girls... Or better yet find out who the parents are and inform the girl's parents you don't want her walking on your yard.

Call the cops? Only if the parents don't respect your requests and you have done everything you could to prevent it from escalating.

Either way.

When a cop tells you not to do something, 11 years old or not. Doesn't mean you just ignore it and keep doing it anyway. Last thing is, WHERE THE FRAK ARE THE PARENTS?!!?!?!?

Oh yeah filing a complaint for discrimination because of their dumb daughter's haircolor. Bad situation all around but both parties are idiots.
edit on 27-3-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I get it... but I also don't get it. When I was a kid and the kids on the street behind our house used to come down our hill through our woods, my parents asked them politely to go around the street on the sidewalk or get permission to use someone elses yard. We had a dog that we let roam the fenced area in our yard, and they didn't want the kids getting hurt. When they didn't stop, my parents spoke with their parents.

Now I live in that house, and new kids live behind us. It was my turn to politely ask they stay out of the yard, because we also have a dog who is trained to stay in the fenced area. We also have a trampoline for our son that I don't want the other kids from up the road to be tempted to come play on, that's a legal headache waiting to happen. Signs only go so far I think, we have them, however.....They were sweet kids, they didn't mind or cause trouble or complain.

It's nicer to be able to have the confidence to approach the kids when you catch them in your yard. If that doesn't work out, try to find the parents..... A legal warning would be my absolute last resort! That's just me however, I mean there are a multitude of reasons why this could have happened, but maybe they are just crotchety old people.

Hopefully this isn't indicative of a time where neighbors cease communications.

-Alee

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm going to use a favorite Republican saying but use their president this time, just for fun.

Welcome to Trump's America.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So basically she trespasses.
I told this story once before here.

At the beach near my home is a sign saying dogs must be leashed and are not allowed on the beach from May 15 thru Sept 15.

One day here's this guy with his little dog running up and down the beach and.
Not wanting to directly confront the guy I tell him I saw the cops ticket a guy the other day for having his dog on the beach.

The guy asks me "was it a big dog?"

WHUT¿¿¿

The law was no dogs on the beach. Big small brown black spotted ...
The law says no trespassing. Not go ahead and trespass as long as you leave nothing but foot prints behind.
Not go ahead as long as you don't pick flowers.
It doesn't say go ahead as long as you don't paint graffiti on my walls.
In other words...it doesn't matter how big the dog was...

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
What's wrong with teaching a child to respect others property and THE LAW?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Oops my bad..it is Thanks Trump.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Right? Used to be property owners and kids just kept it local.
A man once told me he was gonna fan my ass if I went up his driveway. My crime?
I wanted to smell the roses growing over his fence. Really.

I have a yard full of flowers now. And I live on a busy street. People are always picking my roses.
Once right in front of me.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This was her being told.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
the child had been told not to trespass - but continued to do so -

Yep. Zero sympathy from me. The property owners are responsible for her safety while she is on their property. Obviously they are seeing some behavior that concerns them, regardless of what the girl claims.

We are dealing with this now. We have some miscreants that like to run around in the woods behind our house and those of our neighbors. They screw with our trees, shrubs, flowers, they throw rocks and sticks, and they ignore any direction. They also cut through some yards and woods further up the street to get to school. I feel so sorry for those homeowners. There is usually like 20 kids that come out of the woods after school lets out.

I remember walking through the woods to school years ago. I saw plenty of stuff I shouldn't have, from other kids doing dangerous/stupid things to creepy adults doing God knows what. People should not let their kids do this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join