It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police cite sixth-grade girl for trespassing after taking shortcuts to bus stop

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Ummm...cause...territorialism ya know...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neith
If I was a child living in 2017 i'd carry mace, and if a mofo tried coming at me, it would be the last thing they saw before losing their gonads.

And this is exactly why the kid was given a no trespassing notice. There is nothing wrong with an adult giving directions to any kid on their property, especially one with unauthorized access.

People are #ing crazy anymore. You can't say # to anyone without them pulling out a phone to video it or ramping up the crazy. Anyone who has worked with the public knows this.

If these people tried to tell the girl not to walk through their property, whose to say she is not some bad seed who might have made up some BS tale of assault or other creepiness? Or posted it to her youtube, FB or other social media for some attention whoring? The property owners may even know full well who this family is and their backstory and chose not to deal with them directly.

I mean hells bells, just look at what has happened already - the Mom, instead of accepting responsibility for her child, has blown this up and is whining to the media and trying to make some whole big thing out of it.
Sounds to me like the property owners nailed it.

edit on 3/27/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

They should trial her as an adult.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

maybe you should have posted this in the OP.

from your link,

But one neighbor said she was previously sued because a girl fell in her yard and became concerned when she saw Autumn climbing over debris from a fallen tree.
A police report noted how neighbors asked Autumn to “walk around on the street and she ignores their wishes.” The report also referred to a school resource officer and principal talking with Autumn, conversations her mother said she wasn’t told about.

so at least one neighbor has been sued by some other kids family, don't blame this one for calling the cops if they told the child to stop multiple times.

then we find out that this particular child has been cutting through multiple neighbors yards and ignoring their requests that she stay on the streets and off their property, and that the schools resource officer and principal talked to her about it, yet she kept on doing it.

seems the child thinks she can do what ever she wants, multiple people have said something to her, yet she persisted in doing again and again.

dollars to doughnuts the mother behaves the same way, and cries and whines when called on it legally.
edit on 27-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
Thank you for adding that snippit. I think this answers "The rest of the story"

So the neighbors had tried to talk to the little girl and the little girl ignored them. She continued doing what she had been asked not to do.

Sounds as if the police had to get involved because she continued to disregard what she had been told.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

your welcome, i find that most times there is more to the stories and people leave it out.
interferes with their pious outrage.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Whatever happened to asking permission FIRST?

Even as kids, way back when, our parents told us which places we better ask first, before going wandering, and we lived out in the country. Most people were fine with it, but we had one old man down the road, that we steered clear of his property. He yelled when we asked.

Even today, we have asked all the farmers around us, if we can golf cart on their trails. All of our neighbors are fine with it, but we have one property line we know we can't cross.

Common courtesy still goes a long way, and respecting people's wishes. Since she was told not to do it, she should have stopped.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

And I wonder how many kids from my and generations older cut through a yard to get somewhere...

when i was a kid, up to a young adult and even when in the Corps, i was a hellion. didn't listen to authority to much and even made private four times while in the Corps.

but i knew right from wrong, and when punished for doing wrong, neither i nor my folks whined about it. but my folks saw to it that when punishment came from other sources, that it was far and in between. my first thought when thinking about to do something i was told not to do or knew was wrong, was what if momma finds out.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

what if momma finds out.

I think that sums up my generation perfectly.

Not today. My husband's best friend is a high school principal and he says that today he has more problems with parents then he does with the kids. Kids will accept rules and discipline but then their parents come in and attack him for punishing their little "angels".

I was raised by my parents and disciplined by my entire neighborhood! LOL

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I know, right? I totally did those things when i was a kid and no one kidnapped me. Thank God or i'd be writing something totally different right now than what i am, crap.

I hear you totally the world is so farked i dont even know that it knows how farked it is! I'm talking like.. Uber madness, insanity, crazy woah!

I agree with you, totally! People are insane!
edit on 27-3-2017 by Neith because: Insanity

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

maybe you should have posted this in the OP.

from your link,

But one neighbor said she was previously sued because a girl fell in her yard and became concerned when she saw Autumn climbing over debris from a fallen tree.
A police report noted how neighbors asked Autumn to “walk around on the street and she ignores their wishes.” The report also referred to a school resource officer and principal talking with Autumn, conversations her mother said she wasn’t told about.

so at least one neighbor has been sued by some other kids family, don't blame this one for calling the cops if they told the child to stop multiple times.

then we find out that this particular child has been cutting through multiple neighbors yards and ignoring their requests that she stay on the streets and off their property, and that the schools resource officer and principal talked to her about it, yet she kept on doing it.

seems the child thinks she can do what ever she wants, multiple people have said something to her, yet she persisted in doing again and again.

dollars to doughnuts the mother behaves the same way, and cries and whines when called on it legally.

That's another thing that makes things hard for property owners I think. I mean I'd love to tell those kids behind us to go ahead and play all day, use the trampoline, climb trees, cut through to see your friends on this street instead of walking an extra half a mile just to go around and all the way down the hill- do what you want, have fun and enjoy being a child! But I know the first time someone get's hurt, or gets barked at- we'd be looking at a lawsuit. Being taught safety and learning to be responsible for yourself and or your children just seems to be nonexistent these days.

It sucks but sometimes you have to be the "bad guy" or "mean old neighbor"

I don't blame them provided what we've been told is true.

-Alee
edit on 3/27/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I agree with that point and have seen it happen.

When someone does something careless on another person's property they often don't want to own their part in it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I have a few boxwood topiaries in my yard.
The boxwoods are really old. One I carved into a heart. One looks like Saturn with rings, one is a handful of balloons and one is cubes on sticks that is pretty cool looking. I'm ok with a hedge trimmer but most of that was done with hand clippers and patience.

The only trespassers I ever had was a guy being chased by the police. He jumped the fence in front but got hung up in the back where the fence is much higher. They got him before he could locate the back gate.
He broke some plants jumping the fence. The bastid. ( NY accent lol)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I was raised by my parents and disciplined by my entire neighborhood! LOL

i can't tell you how many times i heard my parents tell friends, relatives, and neighbors, when they are at your house, or with you treat them like they are yours.

me and my ex used to do that with my adoted children, we started noticing that they started talking back, getting into trouble and doing things that was unlike them. after about a month or so of talking with all our friends, neighbors and relatives, it turns out that two of the neighbors were the kind of people that thought just a good talking to was all that was needed and thought that their children were perfectly adjusted and little angles.

turns out their children were the ones doing all the vandalism and selling drugs in the neighbor hood. put a stop to them hanging out with them, and when told by one he was going to call HRS ( child services) and i handed him the phone and told him to go ahead, and when you wind up in a place you don't like don't call me his tune changed.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I see no one lives in calif where the kids of illegals roam through the neighborhoods looking for anything of value to steal and the parents of these kids sell what these kids steal at weekend swap meets.
There parents know that the juvenile courts will do nothing to there kids and use them to steal.

I got p**sed everytime the alarms in my yard went off from these kids.

Got one once when the alarm went off and i found him in the cab of my truck stealing the speakers from it.
Got him from head to foot with bear repellent and the cops found him down the street using some old ladies hose trying to wash down to stop the fire.
edit on 27-3-2017 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This was her being told.

You lefties really like the authoritarian rule of law

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join