It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Attacker Was Reportedly Identified As Abu Izzadeen, But There's A Problem: He's In Jail

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Andrew Neil‏Verified account
@afneil
Well, how does Channel 4 News square this: Trevor Brooks aka Abu Izzadeen's solicitor says he's still in jail!!
12:25 PM - 22 Mar 2017

Dominic Casciani ✔@BBCDomC
Confirmed from multiple sources - official and community - that Trevor Brooks NOT attacker. He's still in jail despite what others report.
3:37 PM - 22 Mar 2017 · London, England

London Attacker Was Reportedly Identified As Abu Izzadeen, But There's A Problem: He's Still In Jail

Something is off here. I originally noticed this in a twitter feed posted in an unrelated thread by someone else. A reporter for ABCNewsGo

Rym Momtaz ريم ممتاز‏Verified account @RymMomtaz 2h2 hours ago
More
Trevor Brooks aka Abu Izzadeen's solicitor confirms to me that he is still in jail and cld not have been the attacker today at #Westminster

Rym Momtaz Twitter

Over the past few years, Izzadeen has been in and out of UK's legal system for his radical views. In 2015, he was sent to jail for failing to notify police of his address change, while in early 2016—he landed himself in hot water again for leaving the country without telling British authorities, according to the BBC. And here is the problem: he was given a two-year prison sentence for that infraction. He's still in jail.

This has now been tweeted by multiple journalists.
edit on 22-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Channel 4 News's Simon Israel has retracted the identification:

Tweets & replies Media
simon israel‏Verified account @simonisrael 12m12 minutes ago
More
The source I trusted, but ultimately I made a mistake. This time I got it wrong. Abu Izzadeen is in prison.

Simon Israel Twitter

edit on 22-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Can we trust channel 4's confirmation of his identity?

I cant find anything other than the tweet stating the Channel has ID'd him

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'll wait until an official source confirms or denies he is in jail. It shouldn't take much time to do so.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Can we trust channel 4's confirmation of his identity?

I cant find anything other than the tweet stating the Channel has ID'd him

I just added Simon Israel's retraction tweet.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Are you entertaining a conspiracy? Please elaborate

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My bet is these journos simply saw the huge number of tweets naming him and missed the ones saying he was in jail, then they failed to check any further before running with it.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now
I'll wait until an official source confirms or denies he is in jail. It shouldn't take much time to do so.

Simon Israel, Channel 4's legal correspondent, has now admitted that his source was wrong about the name. Journalists should check their facts before broadcasting what they are told from their confidential sources.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Are you entertaining a conspiracy? Please elaborate

Either that or they just jumped the gun trying to be FIRST.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't see anything 'off' about this. The guy in the photos is a bald, beardy asian man. The man named is very similar looking, it seems the journalists jumped the gun and were probably chomping at the bit to get writing about this hate preacher they already have a lot of info on. It was an attractive prospect instead of waiting for proper confirmation.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

His attorney confirmed it. The police never confirmed channel 4's identification of the attacker. I think the better plan is to wait for a name from police.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

so just channel 4 being wrong again...Quelle Surprise!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It seems according to wiki that he was indeed sentenced in January this year.

i posted his wiki info in another thread earlier but missed that sentence somehow.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Lazy/Bad Journalism is what I chalk this up to.

When journalists do nothing but monitor twitter and facebook feeds, and have pressure from their superiors to be the first one to break information, falsehoods and mistakes like this occur.

It's sad but by and large the structure of profit-driven news forces this kind of madness.
edit on -050004pm3kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Something is off here. I originally noticed this in a twitter feed posted in an unrelated thread by someone else. A reporter for ABCNewsGo

Rym Momtaz ريم ممتاز‏Verified account @RymMomtaz 2h2 hours ago
More
Trevor Brooks aka Abu Izzadeen's solicitor confirms to me that he is still in jail and cld not have been the attacker today at #Westminster

It would appear somebody may have jumped the gun on reporting the attacker's name.

However, after looking at newly released photographs of the attacker I have to say he looks an awful lot like a muslim to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I used the same words about publishing an incorrect name. That picture has been posted on this site about 10 times now.

The man could be any number of ethnicities. There is no 'looks muslim'.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

There is no 'looks muslim'.

Really?

Just like someone can't look white? Or look black? Or look asian? Or look latino?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I used the same words about publishing an incorrect name. That picture has been posted on this site about 10 times now.

The man could be any number of ethnicities. There is no 'looks muslim'.

He does look like what you'd expect a radicalised British Muslim to resemble though. By and large they are of Asian ethnicity (Pakistani/Bangladeshi)

Not saying he is since no information about him has been released to the public yet, he could've been a nutcase who was angry about parking tickets. But if I were to make an educated guess I'd say he was a guy born in the UK to a Muslim family who was radicalised either through an extremist mosque or online Wahhabi propaganda.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

There is no 'looks muslim'.

Really?

Just like someone can't look white? Or look black? Or look asian? Or look latino?

One can look like an ethnicity. It is difficult to look like a religion, unless wearing religious garb.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Worst thing is , if he does turn out to be in jail this pos is gonna earn himself a mighty nest egg thanks to defamation of character. .

Please be under no illusions, this guy , the one in jail , is a bona fide jihadist.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I like how the zoomed insert linked back to the knife on the ground doesn't show the foot on it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join