It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sneaky Plan to Get Her Ring Size

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Chinese Finger Trap

edit on 21-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There is an old wives tale that a woman's shoe size is the same as her ring finger size ....I don't know if that is really true ? ...it's is for me, but everyone is different ....so,what size shoe does she take ?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Thought of an engagement lacky band instead, hard to go wrong in sizing with rubber bands
Bit more price conscience as well, not only able to wear on a finger but has other practical purposes

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well since you clarified the finger must remain, you could always just explain how the jewelry industry is a scam, and and is a reason for much turmoil worldwide, and that only a few companies control this market, yet through advertising make such a thing as a 'ring' commonplace and necessity.

Sorry, it's a conspiracy site you asked the question to

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

No reason to apologize, valid point and I'll address it. We aren't beholden to any traditions per say. The ring as a cultural marriage symbol however carries weight and as you can tell by the style that I've chosen, it is not exactly the norm.

The same could be said for the whole institution of marriage, however trying to explain that to insurance companies doesn't exactly bear fruit!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Vector99

No reason to apologize, valid point and I'll address it. We aren't beholden to any traditions per say. The ring as a cultural marriage symbol however carries weight and as you can tell by the style that I've chosen, it is not exactly the norm.

The same could be said for the whole institution of marriage, however trying to explain that to insurance companies doesn't exactly bear fruit!

Mom or best friend are good ideas, IMO. The shoe size thing may not always work. It's not true in my case. I really just popped in to say congratulations on finding someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.

I met a lady yesterday who was celebrating (today) her 37th wedding anniversary. 37th!!!
It blows me away!
Anywho, good luck to you all and good luck on the ring size Jin.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Measure her fingers in her sleep mate and good luck later when your down on one knee

You could of course ask the mother her ring size I'm certain they would be delighted to tell you and keep it secret

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Step 1:

Buy a dirt cheap ring in the size 6-7 range and make up a stupid sentimental reason for it. (Cat had kittens, Dog had puppies, whatever... stupid reason is stupid)

Step 2:

Doesn't fit? Awwww... Let's go figure out the right size and fix it...

Step 3:

Profit!
edit on 21-3-2017 by gspat because: Who knew...? S h i t t y is a blocked word? Changed it to stupid.

edit on 21-3-2017 by gspat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Tie a string around her finger and then dot the string with 3 colored dots and which every dot matches the other side of the string will be a perfect match. Or wait till she's drunk or sleeping and then do it.
edit on 21-3-2017 by JugHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Also, before it is suggested, the finger must remain on her hand......

I hate getting preempted.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I believe the saying goes "know your audience."

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gspat
Step 1:

Buy a dirt cheap ring in the size 6-7 range and make up a stupid sentimental reason for it. (Cat had kittens, Dog had puppies, whatever... stupid reason is stupid)

Step 2:

Doesn't fit? Awwww... Let's go figure out the right size and fix it...

Step 3:

Profit!

This is similar to what I was going to suggest. I got my girlfriend (now fiancé, rather) a cheap ring as a simple present about a year before I proposed. I got her something off of etsy that didn't cost too much and was shaped like a whale (her favorite creature) that wrapped around thw finger.

Turns out I got the right size to start with so that's what I told the jeweler more recently when I got her that expensive jewel-topped piece of gold. It fit just right.

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Ask her mother.
If she's reasonably classy, there's no way she would spoil her daughter's surprise.
A sister, however, may not be as trustworthy.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Well there is the tried and true (but she'll probably figure it out) method of buying her a cheaper ring for her other hand.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

2 options.

Take a hair sample and secretly travel to South Korea where they are doing cloning. Clone your girlfriend. When she reaches maturity, measure her ring finger. Then kill the clone before it turns into a zombie and destroys the planet. Fly back from South Korea and buy the correct ring size.

Or you can guess the ring size. If you're close, the jeweler can make the appropriate adjustments.

I'd go with the first option, personally. But it's up to you.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Just take her to a jeweler and size her for rings. That way she will also show you what she likes and doesnt like.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
There is an old wives tale that a woman's shoe size is the same as her ring finger size ....I don't know if that is really true ? ...it's is for me, but everyone is different ....so,what size shoe does she take ?

Nope. Just a tale. My shoes are size six, as is by longer finger. My ring finger is a 4.5, or a 5, depending on style.

Might be a way of asking her, tell her you heard about this old wives tale as you're looking at her shoes......

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Lol, Do others on here now have an ad from Vancaro across the top of their screen?
They have some nice stuff...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I agree with another poster,, go in her jewellery box and pick a ring you've seen her wearing​, then take it to a jeweler's.

Or use tools against her finger (pretending you want to see how big or small it is against her finger) in a laughing matter, find the tool that matches her finger size write it down and then jewelry shop you go.. Bit weird of a way but doubt she'd catch on.

(post by UpIsNowDown removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

<< 1    3 >>

join