It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is total BS ATS is on this list.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

"Above Top Secret publishes information that cannot be validated and that is anti scientific fact. The information provided should be regarded as speculative opinion or propaganda and cannot be substantiated by fact or evidence. It is among the most untrustworthy sources in the media."

And most of it comes directly from the MSM.
edit on 20-3-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yeah, we will just forget all about the Chinese Routers or the slaughter of wild horses by the BLM or the story about a Middle East version of Fast and Furious that was discussed on ATS Live or this crazy story about a CIA holding camp/hidden prison on an Eastern European horse farm also discussed on ATS Live or on the ground reports of the Japan Quake 10-15 minutes before the big time media outlets reported a word...

I could go on but obviously this fact checker has checked some facts somewhere somewhat.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I have to agree, there is a lot of ATS threads that hype fake news. Instead of just closing threads based upon a lack of information, maybe mods should close and delete threads that have no factual basis or they're clearly false assertions. Even though members can debate the truth of a thread, why should we allow members to continue to post conservative or liberal bias threads that conveniently leave out facts or come from a reputable source? That certainly is denying ignorance.

ATS quickly identifies UFO threads known to be hoax sources and closes these threads down. So why not apply the same level of monitoring with political related threads? There's a lot of sources on the internet that is questionable news depending on which political views they align themselves with.

It's amazing that Fox News wasn't listed.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
I have to agree, there is a lot of ATS threads that hype fake news. Instead of just closing threads based upon a lack of information, maybe mods should close and delete threads that have no factual basis or they're clearly false assertions.

Why rely on the mods to determine what's fake when I am perfectly capable of discerning for myself? Because some bullsh!t self-proclaimed 'fake-news watchdog' puts them on a list?

Not a compelling reason, IMO.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Fake news checker? lol

More like

Liberal Feminist Faked News

'Fake'-news checker publishes fake news
Quote from article...

It was produced (the list) at that time by Merrimack College assistant professor Melissa Zimdars, a 30-something self-identified feminist and activist who has expressed great dislike for President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence. image: www.wnd.com... Melissa "Mish" Zimdars is an assistant professor of communication at Merrimack College in Massachusetts Melissa “Mish” Zimdars is an assistant professor of communication at Merrimack College in Massachusetts She explained then that her list was compiled because she didn’t approve of the sources students were citing. The problem? In addition to some satirical and bogus sites, her list attacked the credibility of well-established news organizations such as Breitbart, BizPac Review, Red State, the Blaze, the Independent Journal Review, Twitchy, the Daily Wire, WND and James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas. In many cases (such as with her WND listing), she offered no explanation for why the news organizations were included on the list. Read more at www.wnd.com...

Weak

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: added quote

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Just an observation on the cry of Fake News. It hit critical mass in the MSM and became a household term on the very Monday that was the six month anniversary of the Pulse Nightclub Massacre.

Anyone want to speculate why it was so important for all media including Right Wing Talk Radio to focus on Fake News when ordinarily the rule is "If it bleeds, it leads." Instead of the Pulse?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Not a very good point. ATS amounts to a news aggregator site, just like drudge, but allows commentary. Nearly everything on ATS some member ports over from somewhere else. There is very little original material here. ATS obviously does not bill itself as a news organization, but take the 'news" away and there's very little left. And the stuff that is here, like chemtrails and the other stuff i listed, is just hilarious nonsense. Overall, ATS deserves to be listed.

By that criteria, can you name something that isn't "fake news." In addition to every "news" outlet on the planet:

Facebook, Youtube, and any social media site are certainly fake news.

TV and movies have stories about things that aren't real - fake news.

Universities and libraries have books and discussions about things that aren't real - fake news sites.

Every religion on Earth would fit the bill - fake news.

People talk about things at the local pool hall that aren't real - fake news site.

I guess the whole planet is just one, huge fake news site. At least the places that have humans.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I wasn't aware of that, yet it really isn't where this site got its beginnings though, it kind of expanded into that but its core remains, I can agree with that to an extent, but when I think of ATS I think of the core of ATS what it is to be a poster and responder, I guess disagreements is what can also make us great too.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: schuyler

Not a very good point. ATS amounts to a news aggregator site, just like drudge, but allows commentary. Nearly everything on ATS some member ports over from somewhere else. There is very little original material here. ATS obviously does not bill itself as a news organization, but take the 'news" away and there's very little left. And the stuff that is here, like chemtrails and the other stuff i listed, is just hilarious nonsense. Overall, ATS deserves to be listed.

By that criteria, can you name something that isn't "fake news." In addition to every "news" outlet on the planet:

You've declared everything is fake, so where is there to go here? The funny thing about the entire phrase is that it was invented by the left to discredit the right, and co-opted by the right to attack the left. It backfired, and therefore has turned into a meaningless phrase, an accusation with no facts to support it. In terms of ATS the site is not credible politically. People choose sides and fight valiantly--to no avail. It doesn't make any difference at all. No one's minds are changed. It's just a battleground for the infirm. In terms of ORIGINAL news provided as content to ATS? What would you like to hang your hat on: Chemtrails? Fake Moon landings? Reptilians? You have a lot of uninformed, ill-educated people throwing out their "facts" as if they knew what they were talking about when they have absolutely nothing original to contribute. The world does NOT beat a path to ATS' door to discover the "Truth." It's more like a loony bin to provide an avenue for the crazies to let off steam. And in terms of a "control mechanism" you might want to think about that a little harder.

Edit to add example: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3/20/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Real good perspective, we members write the stories and repost the news and discuss it, i like what you said about political threads. There is defiantly enough disinfo in that category.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

Real news has significantly less wiggle room in their operations. Fox/CNN can't just run a story and see if people approve of it.

ATS isn't news in the first place. It's a place people literally make things up, and repost known fake news, but to qualify as News, you have to be presenting yourself as a provider of information, and this is a place of discussion and digestion. News is not something that's supposed to be extremely disputable, but there isn't a topic on ATS that doesn't have 2 sides of a fence.

If you don't note ATS has massive sensationalism and hyperbole however, you're a fool.

ABOVE TOP SECRET? THIS COMMON INTERNET WEBSITE CONTAINS PEOPLE DISCUSSING INFORMATION THAT IS ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ALREADY UNACCESSIBLE TOP SECRET INFORMATION?
edit on 20-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Nice find, glad you found this thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

In a sense ATS is many news broadcasters we chose the ones we find the most credible as a click if you will, yet at least these topics are open for debate. Still though it doesn't say ATS news.

edit on 20-3-2017 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
"Above Top Secret publishes information that cannot be validated."

I may be wrong, but what news has ATS published? That'd be like saying the comments section of MSM sites counts as publishing news. ATS doesn't publish news, it doesn't create news content, it is a message board. By that standard, every message board on the internet should be listed as "fake news", as they all have "information that cannot be validated."

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

It's more like comparing Reddit to CNN. It just doesn't compute.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Lately its been hard for me to think clearly so I am glad for people like you to come along and take words from my mouth.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

at the bottom of the above top secret page there is a column titled: Don't take our word for it.
i clicked a couple of their sources to see what they say about ATS.
snopes search gave me nothing. i searched the terms: is above top secret fake news? ..... ATS ..... above top secret.
nothing came up in my search.

the next one i checked was: Alexa. it is an advertisement for the Alexa product.

the next one i checked was: is it propoganda or not? i looked for a search bar, but did not see one.

i'm calling bovine excrement on this web site.

i did get a good laugh out of the whole thing though.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Fake news sites are anything that might contain the truth.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

I'll give you a hint. If a website routinely sources WND, Infowars, Natural News, Shadowstats, Zero Hedge, and so on... the information isn't going to be credible.

Sometimes ATS has some good stuff, but 90% of it is less than factual.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Fake news checker? lol

More like

Liberal Feminist Faked News

'Fake'-news checker publishes fake news
Quote from article...

It was produced (the list) at that time by Merrimack College assistant professor Melissa Zimdars, a 30-something self-identified feminist and activist who has expressed great dislike for President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence. image: www.wnd.com... Melissa "Mish" Zimdars is an assistant professor of communication at Merrimack College in Massachusetts Melissa “Mish” Zimdars is an assistant professor of communication at Merrimack College in Massachusetts She explained then that her list was compiled because she didn’t approve of the sources students were citing. The problem? In addition to some satirical and bogus sites, her list attacked the credibility of well-established news organizations such as Breitbart, BizPac Review, Red State, the Blaze, the Independent Journal Review, Twitchy, the Daily Wire, WND and James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas. In many cases (such as with her WND listing), she offered no explanation for why the news organizations were included on the list. Read more at www.wnd.com...

Weak

BINGO.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join