It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In First 2 Months: Trump Reduced Debt by $100 Billion – Obama Increased Debt by $400 Billion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

And it matters not who is responsible, I am glad this huge amount of $$$ is off the debt.

It must just a coincidence it happened now.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: windword

What Trump said is factual.

His implication that he was the reason for it going down though is the misleading part. He isn't mad the media didn't report it, he's mad they didn't give him credit for it, while reporting it.

And besides, media outlets in general, do not field stories about the debt rising or falling every few months because most of of the staff writers who would write about economics, actually understand economics and know it's not really a story at all.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Kryties

And it matters not who is responsible, I am glad this huge amount of $$$ is off the debt.

It must just a coincidence it happened now.

Ahh so you've gone from "Trump Reduced Debt by $100 Billion – Obama Increased Debt by $400 Billion" to "It matters not who is responsible".

That's called backpedalling.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

a reply to: FelisOrion

Very true, this is a small but if it is a sign of things to come it is a victory.

It is way to early to thump chests, but it is interesting.

Then...why are you?

So Trump has reduced the debt in his first 2 months.
Sounds an awful lot like you're giving him credit for it to me.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Funny thing is we can't really be sure why it went down.

Was it Obama who ran the debt up 10,000,000,000,000 or was it Trump. Or does Trump have zero effect?

And if the debt went up in Obama's first month it was Bush's fault.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So why am I what?

Nice way to cut the rest of my paragraph off. This is what I wrote.

So Trump has reduced the debt in his first 2 months. Is this for realsees? Or is it a hick up?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Funny thing is we can't really be sure why it went down.

Yes, I can be sure. The debt is tied to the spending of the Fed Government. That is tied to the budget.

And if the debt went up in Obama's first month it was Bush's fault.

Yes your right, because those increases were tied to the financial crisis and it's required solutions. The remaning 7 years, including 2016 are on Obama's administration and the GOP controlled Congress that approved the spending.

So either the POTUS or Congress is responsible. This is just how budgets and economics work in Government.

It's not a giant mystery.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I know it's what you wrote. You made a statement that Trump cut down the debt. Throwing a follow on question to that doesn't change the initial fanboy statement from being a statement.

I cut off the rest of what you wrote because I referred specifically to the part where you gave him credit for it. Not my fault you're waffling and backpeddaling

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It looks like something changed in the beginning of 2017.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Seems, and I may be speaking out of turn, that you trimmed the statement about Trump to fit an agenda.

That's ok. All is fair as far as Trump failing I suppose.

It seems that there was a change in the whole countries feelings.
Obama left office and suddenly there is a a drop in the debt. And a large one. OF course it is still Obama's budget. I don't know the mechanics behind what is actually going on. Or why it dropped.

All we can go by is the numbers, and they are down, seems like that is a good direction. No matter who is responsible.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

What are you arguing?

Yes, the debt increased over the last 8 years, nobody disputes that.

What I"m saying is that Trump can't take credit for a budget he didn't sign, nor come up with, nor have anything to do with.

And if you look at hte graph, the jump from 08 to 09 was almost 2 trillion. Obama kept the increases under that for the remainder of his Presidency. The largest increase came during the 08 Budget when they had to pay for the banks.

There is no mystery there.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Obama ran up over 8 trillion in debt while in office... remember? 68% increase in 7 years. The damage he did will hang over the country for decades, it's disgusting.

But I'm sure the useful idiots will try to play off the next 8 years as a win for Obama.

edit on 19-3-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I'm not argueing anything. My point is that in any large organization when there is a change in figure heads, there is a change in policy BEFORE they take the reins. I think this is what we are seeing. And it is an opinion.

Oh, they (we) did not have to pay the banks.

when they had to pay for the banks.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

And nobody is arguing the debt ballooned under Obama. For all the wrong reasons.

But it's factually FALSE for anybody to give Trump credit for Obama's budget for 2016 having decreased the debt by some tiny amount.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You may have your own opinions, but not your own facts. What you're seeing, what we are all seeing is the effects of the last budget and it's consequences, for better or for worse.

My point is that in any large organization when there is a change in figure heads, there is a change in policy BEFORE they take the reins.

Which doesn't at all, affect budget line items unless CONGRESS passes additional spending bills, or spending cut bills.

All Trump has done is spend tax payer money at his golf course in Florida up to this point.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You are correct, I have my opinions.

While working as a tradesman in a very large corp, when we would get a new figure head and we would do what ever is the new guys pet peeve. Some liked equipment and shops clean. Some liked uniforms and security badges out for all to see. Some were $$$ men.

Trumps is a $$$$ man. And I think all the departments are tightening their belts cause they know it is pucker time.

My opinion.
edit on 19-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Tail end of OBAMA's budget...nothing to do with Trump yet. Zero.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You are correct, I have my opinions.

While working as a tradesman in a very large corp, when we would get a new figure head and we would do what ever is the new guys pet peeve. Some liked equipment and shops clean. Some liked uniforms and security badges out for all to see. Some were $$$ men.

Trumps is a $$$$ man. And I think all the departments are tightening their belts cause they know it is pucker time.

My opinion.

None of this has anything to do with the fact that any reduction in debt was NOT caused by Trump yet, as per the OP and its title.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It is INSANE how much money the american people owe! Enough to pay every human being on the planet, about 2800$ each...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Trump the chump is so good that he cuts the deficit by just getting elected, great job trumptards, the checks are in the mail.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join