It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Denounced As Racist For Wearing US Flag Colors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Valley students had chosen to wear red, white and blue... ..."Any normal person, any educated person can look at that and think what the hell are these kids thinking," said Wheat.

"Kids are kids, I get it, but I do have questions. I want to know why."

Source 1
Source 2
Source 3

Students were denounced as racist and forced to hand-deliver a letter of apology to another school because some of the students chose to wear red, white and blue to a basketball game... Which offended some of the students of the other school. Why? Because some of those students were refugees.
To make matters worse, the assistant coach of the "offending" school apparently has no idea why anyone would have worn those colors or what they could possibly be thinking in doing so.
Our country is under attack... Not from foreign militaries, but from hostile ideology brought here by refugees.

If you hate America so much that you can't stand to see our flag's colors, GET THE **** OUT!

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
that is just patriotic and not racist.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
How good that you don´t have real problems over there.
If some whine about US colors and the others whine about that whining, Trump and the surrounding billionairs and militarists, that for sure are only there to protect the left behind and because of that concerned and enraged not rich rightwingers, wasn´t even enough for the former USA.
Seems as everything has to get a bit harder, maybe speed up before crashing into the maybe own build wall!

+58 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So let me get this straight .....some refugee students complained about others wearing the American flag colors ...the colors of a flag that the refugees are suppose to be embracing as as their new home and country ? Then they need to go back to their previous country and embrace that . ..and take the teachers who made the students write an apology with them ! ..Get out and don't come back !
edit on 15-3-2017 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
They won the game too.

The illegal migrants and refugees should go back home if they don't like the colors of the American flag.

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

As a woman of some maturity and I like to think quite fashionable I love

red white and blue together!! and it is also the colours of the

British flag the *union jack*

Just another case of *political correctness* gone mad!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

And France

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

The illegal migrants and refugees should go back home if they don't like the colors of the American flag.

Which illegal migrants and refugees complained, exactly?
The sources provided by the OP are somewhat ambiguous on that point.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Which illegal migrants and refugees complained, exactly?
The sources provided by the OP are somewhat ambiguous on that point.

The ones on the left side of the court, of course.

Supporters of the Des Moines North High School basketball team, many of whose players are from refugee families, were offended when fans of Valley High School’s basketball team wore red, white and blue last week, The College Fix reports. “This is an example of BLATANT racism,” said Ty Leggett, a Valley High School alum, on the Valley High School – WDMCS Facebook page.

“ALL participating should have been pulled and banned from ALL VHS extracurricular events for the remainder of the year! As a parent, I’d be mortified that my son or daughter thought this way, acted in this fashion and refrained from taking a stand against this 21st century inexcusable behavior!”

Source: www.glennbeck.com... ed?utm_source=glennbeck&utm_medium=contentcopy_link

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

And France

OK I'm not really into 'flags' only know the *stars and stripes*

and *union jack*...... still red white and blue always smart together

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Supporters of the Des Moines North High School basketball team, many of whose players are from refugee families

I don't see the part where illegal migrants or refugees instigated anything. Your quote would seem to indicate that it was supporters of the team, not players or families, who made comment.

edit on 3/15/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Valley students had chosen to wear red, white and blue... ..."Any normal person, any educated person can look at that and think what the hell are these kids thinking," said Wheat.

Source 1
Source 2
Source 3

Students were denounced as racist and forced to hand-deliver a letter of apology to another school because some of the students chose to wear red, white and blue to a basketball game... Which offended some of the students of the other school. Why? Because some of those students were refugees.
To make matters worse, the assistant coach of the "offending" school apparently has no idea why anyone would have worn those colors or what they could possibly be thinking in doing so.
Our country is under attack... Not from foreign militaries, but from hostile ideology brought here by refugees.

If you hate America so much that you can't stand to see our flag's colors, GET THE **** OUT!

More proof that what once mind expanding seats of learning are now nothing more than a breeding ground for petty tyrants.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: trollz

Source 1
Source 2
Source 3

More proof that what were once mind expanding seats of learning are now nothing more than a breeding ground for petty tyrants.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

And France

And Australia

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Supporters of the Des Moines North High School basketball team, many of whose players are from refugee families

I don't see the part where illegal migrants or refugees instigated anything. Your quote would seem to indicate that it was supporters of the team, not players or families, who made comment.

Yeah, they were the loudest.

But I bet they were all thinking the same thing.

"stupid flag Racists!"

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Yea, I would not last in school today.
I knew things would be crap when I got older if you could get expelled for being held down and beat up by others because you were in a fight... happened to me and the kids were 3 years older than me.. never knew or talked to them before hand, they were just bored. Looking back I wish I would have asked if I punch you (the principal) would he be expelled for being in a fight because that's what you just taught me.
Sorry.. back to the OP

This shouldn't go any farther than a talk with the principle, if that. Just tell them at that point you are representing our school etc.. but thats only if they HAD to do something.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

America does not hold the patent on red white and blue flags .

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Whats the difference between the first in the 2nd row and the fifth on the 5th row

From an esthetic point of view I like the first on the 3rd row.

edit on 15-3-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Whats the difference between the first in the 2nd row and the fifth on the 5th row

The difference between Australia and New Zealand.

eta: the Tasmanian flag should be in the pile as well, don't see it

edit on 15-3-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

From an esthetic point of view I like the first on the 3rd row.

BLASPHEMY!!!!

The 1st one is the ugly Kiwi flag and the other one is the beautiful Aussie flag.

You silly ignorant funny foreign person *said in a john cleese french knight from monty pythons holy grail accent*

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join