It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Issues Order to Begin Reorganizing Our Federal Government.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
March 13, 2017

How many times have we heard Presidential candidates state that they will make our U.S. Government smaller and more efficient, but never follow-through on that promise after being elected? Americans who had the wisdom to elect Donald J. Trump as our President, were rewarded again today with MORE good news, just 52 days into his Presidency.

Today, the Businessman-President Trump signed an Executive Order that sets in motion a process which Press Secretary Sean Spicer said is the "Beginning of a Long Overdue Reorganization of the Federal Government".

**BIG NEWS that was Overlooked by the Liberal Mainstream Media Today**

""President Trump on Monday ordered a top-to-bottom audit of every Executive Branch department and agency to save money and improve services.

“This executive order is another major step toward making the federal government efficient, effective and accountable to the people,” Trump said in signing the order at the White House, while flanked by Cabinet members.

“There is duplication and redundancy everywhere. Billions and billions of dollars are being wasted on activities that are not delivering results,” he added.

Trump called for the review three days before giving Congress his first budget proposal, which is expected to include deep cuts to the Environmental Protection Agency and other departments to cover an anticipated $54 billion increase in Defense Department spending.

He also said the “thorough” review will be led by the Office of Management and Budget and include public input.

Trump said the review will make the agencies “as lean and as effective as possible,” eliminate billions of dollars in redundancies and determine whether services are "truly serving the American people.” The review and final report is expected to be finished in about a year.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

I was listening to some analysis of this Executive Order on the radio today. It's potentially HUGE in it's scope and rewards. Donald Trump has a history of making his personal businesses operate very efficiently. If he is able to make our government work only 15-20% more efficiently, American tax-dollars will go much further, even though we'll be paying less in taxes, after the overhaul of our U.S. Tax Code later this year.

Americans could not ask for a better President, at this point in our history!
(IMO of course)

-CareWeMust

edit on 3/14/2017 by carewemust because: title adjustment

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
A president who is actually keeping his word.The left must be in utter confusion as this is hope and change in reality as opposed to complete lies.
edit on CDTMonpm11161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Here's the EO itself. MAGA

Presidential Executive Order on a Comprehensive Plan for Reorganizing the Executive Branch

EXECUTIVE ORDER

- - - - - - -

COMPREHENSIVE PLAN FOR REORGANIZING THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Purpose. This order is intended to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of the executive branch by directing the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (Director) to propose a plan to reorganize governmental functions and eliminate unnecessary agencies (as defined in section 551(1) of title 5, United States Code), components of agencies, and agency programs.

Sec. 2. Proposed Plan to Improve the Efficiency, Effectiveness, and Accountability of Federal Agencies, Including, as Appropriate, to Eliminate or Reorganize Unnecessary or Redundant Federal Agencies. (a) Within 180 days of the date of this order, the head of each agency shall submit to the Director a proposed plan to reorganize the agency, if appropriate, in order to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of that agency.

(b) The Director shall publish a notice in the Federal Register inviting the public to suggest improvements in the organization and functioning of the executive branch and shall consider the suggestions when formulating the proposed plan described in subsection (c) of this section.

(c) Within 180 days after the closing date for the submission of suggestions pursuant to subsection (b) of this section, the Director shall submit to the President a proposed plan to reorganize the executive branch in order to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of agencies. The proposed plan shall include, as appropriate, recommendations to eliminate unnecessary agencies, components of agencies, and agency programs, and to merge functions. The proposed plan shall include recommendations for any legislation or administrative measures necessary to achieve the proposed reorganization.

(d) In developing the proposed plan described in subsection (c) of this section, the Director shall consider, in addition to any other relevant factors:

(i) whether some or all of the functions of an agency, a component, or a program are appropriate for the Federal Government or would be better left to State or local governments or to the private sector through free enterprise;

(ii) whether some or all of the functions of an agency, a component, or a program are redundant, including with those of another agency, component, or program;

(iii) whether certain administrative capabilities necessary for operating an agency, a component, or a program are redundant with those of another agency, component, or program;

(iv) whether the costs of continuing to operate an agency, a component, or a program are justified by the public benefits it provides; and

(v) the costs of shutting down or merging agencies, components, or programs, including the costs of addressing the equities of affected agency staff.

(e) In developing the proposed plan described in subsection (c) of this section, the Director shall consult with the head of each agency and, consistent with applicable law, with persons or entities outside the Federal Government with relevant expertise in organizational structure and management.

Sec. 3. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE,
March 13, 2017.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

And that's all I gotta say about that.
Forrest Gump

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I love the smell of lean government in the morning. Good news.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The Dems like big government that has it's nose in everyone's lives. They need to start eliminating some of the stupid practices they require that make working difficult. Pretty soon you are going to need a safety harness to climb a ladder to paint your house. I can see having reasonable safety rules, but not everyone should be on a roof or on a ladder, you cannot make things safe just by raising the cost of a job.

I worked as a builder for many years and I still need to take continuing education classes every time I renew. Most of it isn't about safety or new building practices, most of it is about filing more and more paperwork, an eight hour job now needs five hours of paperwork to do it and then three days before you can start it because they get seventy two hours to change their mind. So, someone has a roof leak or broken window and you can't start it for three days? Not legally you can't.

The Feds require lots of stuff and the States are following suit. A small job turns into a big expensive job. This is the Democratic way of creating jobs, you need to employ more people to do the job and charge way more from the customer.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
All us Libertarians just gave a curt nod of approval. Now it's a waiting game of whether or not anything actually comes of it, because you know full well Democrats aren't going to be the only ones looking to stonewall downsizing.
edit on 3/14/2017 by Nyiah because: Added the no duh given.

(post by IkNOwSTuff removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
A president who is actually keeping his word.The left must be in utter confusion as this is hope and change in reality as opposed to complete lies.

As I've said repeatedly, and will continue to say... I HAVE TO PINCH MYSELF SOMETIME.

I really believed at one time last year that Trump was throwing the election, due to his words and actions.

But, Hillary was soooo ________________, any Republican could have beat her. Now I'm oh so thankful that President Trump prevailed, and is now systematically working through fulfilling of campaign promises. That level of Integrity is RARE.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

This dude is addicted to EO's! Didn't conservatives and Trump criticize Obama's use of EO's?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

The US government needs deconstructing - something obvious even to blind Freddie LONG BEFORE Trump decided to run for office.

Long, long, long before - Trump is simply following through on what he said he is going to do. If folks like big government controlling all aspects of their lives, shift to North Korea or Washington, the remainder of the planet wants small government as servants to the citizens.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This Trump guy yea.....he rates high with me...

Manly old boy....just what we needed all along, really
edit on 14-3-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Expect some pushback from said agencies. I also expect there will be some fireworks as people watch their lucrative funding go down the proverbial drain.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Nice to See this Country Finally has a President that has the Best Interests of the Tax Payer in Mind . He will Run this Government like a Business , where Waste and Inefficiency will Not be Tolerated . This in turn will save BILLIONS Of Dollars that previous Administrations have Squandered Away , and Increasing Our National Debt in the process to the Point of Absurdity .

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Oh my.

When will this organizing end?

This is unprecedented!

The last thing we need is a professional organizer in the oval office!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yeah but who cares, this is a good thing. At the very least you have to agree to that.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
snipped

Get Used to it , The Majority Have Spoken , and we have the Mentally Challenged LEFT to Thank For It . The Return to Normalcy was a Long Time Coming , but it IS here whether some Like It or Not.......
edit on 3.14.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I rarely agree with anything Trump does.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

It's scary that you think Trump is gonna return us back to normal. When was that? Before politicians became corrupt whores for the elite and their corporations?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Oh , about 40 Years Ago . The U.S. And the World were a Nicer Place back then .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join