It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch embassy and consulate in Turkey sealed off as diplomatic row escalates

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismir

originally posted by: 23432

A women minister with a diplomatic immunity have been prevented illegaly to go her own merry way i.e the Turkish Embassy which is a Turkish Land according to internationla agreements .

After the minister of foreign affairs was not allowed, they sent the minister of family affairs, who happened to be in Germany. They used multiple colones on various routes to mislead the Dutch authorities. The Turkish consulate ensured the mayor of Rotterdam no further events were planned and no more visits were expected, while they knew the minister of family affairs was on route. Again misleading in the dirtiest way. She had only one sneaky intent to go there, ignoring the Dutch governement completelly and have their rally.

This is not about freedom of speech/travel. This is about who can make calls on what happens on our soil.

You seem to be under the impression that freedom of travel is subject to current governments interpretation.

Lawfull thing to do would be the arrest and charge the individual concerned with a crime .

She does have a right to ignore the Dutch Government's unlawfull and illegal orders .

At the end of the day an individual with a valid passport and diplomatic immunity has been prevented from travelling .

I repeat the Turkish Embassy is NOT your land according to agreements signed .

Many Dutch Turks are angry too.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

Judging by your remarks on the Turkish genocide of Armenians and imperialism I am forced to conclude that it is not just your rudimentary grasp of the English language that is causing you to display such poor comprehension and delusion.

This thread is about freedom of travel and freedom of speech .

Nice try but please stop trolling and flaming .

Engaging in open discussion is neither trolling or flaming.

Backward Country argument is a well establish flame initiator and the Armenian issue is out right trolling .

You are also ignorant about few things pertaining to Turks it seems.

The truth is the fire that burns hottest.

Truth is you are ignorant and also go around adhering to stereotyping in the worst way possible .

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You seem to be under the impression that freedom of travel is subject to current governments interpretation.

Lawfull thing to do would be the arrest and charge the individual concerned with a crime .

She does have a right to ignore the Dutch Government's unlawfull and illegal orders .

At the end of the day an individual with a valid passport and diplomatic immunity has been prevented from travelling .

Many Dutch Turks are angry too.

No, she was not protected by immunity (She's not the statehead and was not on official state business) and was not at the Turkish embassy.

And yes, shamefully a lot of Dutch Turks idolize Erdogan. That is why Erdogan needs them, he can't win the referendum from just the people that actually live in Turkey. He uses the Turks in Europe to gain full control in Turkey, while these same Turks themself live in a free country. Hypocrites!

Luckily not all Turks are like this. He's brave to come out like this. As he points out himself, he'll probably be threatened for this. He's working on english subtitles, but not all is done yet.

edit on 13/3/2017 by chrismir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Judging by your remarks on the Turkish genocide of Armenians and imperialism I am forced to conclude that it is not just your rudimentary grasp of the English language that is causing you to display such poor comprehension and delusion.

This thread is about freedom of travel and freedom of speech .

Nice try but please stop trolling and flaming .

Engaging in open discussion is neither trolling or flaming.

Backward Country argument is a well establish flame initiator and the Armenian issue is out right trolling .

You are also ignorant about few things pertaining to Turks it seems.

The truth is the fire that burns hottest.

Truth is you are ignorant and also go around adhering to stereotyping in the worst way possible .

So do you deny that Turkish people murdered thousands of other people because of who they were and what they believed? Because that is the absolute height of ignorance. What stereotypes exactly do I adhere to?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

And yet a person raises Turkish flag at Dutch consulate who took down the Holland Flag and replace it with. How that action is acceptable under the treaties signed ? I never saw anyone from the Turks say how wrong that was. Also where was the Police ?

VIDEO: Man raises Turkish flag at Dutch consulate in Istanbul Twitter Link— Hürriyet Daily News (@HDNER) March 12, 2017

Peace

edit on 13-3-2017 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2017 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2017 by Seed76 because: Minor corrections

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Turkish Riots in the Netherlands

This is a fair estimate of what is going on in Holland by one of YouTube's better researchers Stephen Molyneaux.
edit on 13-3-2017 by antoinemarionette because: word insert

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette
Turkish Riots in the Netherlands

This is a fair estimate of what is going on in Holland by one of YouTube's better researchers Stephen Molyneaux.

I like his videos. He did a good analysis of this situation, IMO. What concerns me is the 400k Turks in Holland. Erdogan seems to want to cause serious unrest there, and the police force in Holland is not big enough to handle potential massive Turkish rioting. Thank you for sharing this.

edit on 13-3-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

You are most welcome!

It is obvious that Erdogan is attempting to create an international incident. That in itself sucks mightily, and I would love to hear other countries in the West criticize this, not least of all NATO, to which both Holland and Turkey belong!

So what is this deafening silence?

A few months back Merkel asked her population to prepare food storage, make sure they had at least a few weeks food in their homes... perhaps she was expecting just such an aggression to take place in Europe.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

Honestly, I really don't see Turkey remaining in NATO much longer. Especially after incidents like this. Plus, Erdogan all but blamed the U.S. on the possibly faked coup. Nato allies don't act like that. I think Erdogan is un-hinged.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This story is very strange

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

So do you deny that Turkish people murdered thousands of other people because of who they were and what they believed? Because that is the absolute height of ignorance. What stereotypes exactly do I adhere to?

Ok I'll bite .

Claim of Genocide requires evidence i.e bones of the victims , mass graves , written orders from the government , eye witnesses to atrocities en masses .

Most Armenians simply changed their names and assumed Turkish/Kurdish identities and lived on .

Today there are Armenian Turks and increasingly their numbers are on the up .

People are openly reclaiming their Armenian identities and that brings 2 things to Turkish Society :

1 - Better co-existence
2 - Refutation of Genocide claims by Data .

Supreme Height of Ignorance is to fail to understand what an innocent man falsely accused of murder will do to prove his innocence .

Your adherence of stereotypes includes concepts such as " backward nation " which in an off itself demonstrates a lack understanding of the situation before you .

You seem to think an innocent Turkish individual can be denied entry to Turkish land by a non Turk .

This single Turk's " Rights " are voided when it suits the ruling political party.

Human Rights are Universal and if she has committed a crime than she should be charged according to Law .

Holland has violated all the rules of diplomacy & etiquette which previously existed for 400 years between the 2 nations ; Dutch ships were allowed to carry Turkish flags for protection not too long ago .

Even Tulips went to Holland from Turkey .

All this for what ?

A friggin clown called Gert is laughing all the way to Bank .

Can you hear the goosestepping crowds chanting already ?

" Kill all the muslims "

" Kill all the muslims "

" Kill all the muslims "

" Kill all the muslims "

No good will come out of this stupid act of provoking the Turks to react .

Have you ever considered what would happen if all of 30 - 40 million muslims of Europe decides to join in ?

Furthermore have you considered the fact that by default now Holland has created a " Legal Precedent " which will eventually turn around and bite the Dutch on the backside ?

Do you even know that terrorists are freely operating in Europe and authorities are financing and allowing these terror organisations ?

Do you also adhere to stereo type of muslims = terrorists ?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76
a reply to: 23432

And yet a person raises Turkish flag at Dutch consulate who took down the Holland Flag and replace it with. How that action is acceptable under the treaties signed ? I never saw anyone from the Turks say how wrong that was. Also where was the Police ?

VIDEO: Man raises Turkish flag at Dutch consulate in Istanbul Twitter Link— Hürriyet Daily News (@HDNER) March 12, 2017

Peace

That was an answer to the way the Dutch has treated Turkish Embassy ; tit for tat but Turks didn't start this.

Peace to you too.
edit on 13-3-2017 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

It is obvious that Erdogan is attempting to create an international incident.

Yes, and that is because of the referendum. He is trying to say to the Turks, that the "big bad EU", who harbors "terrorists", are trying to fight him. In other words Erdogan needs a get away card in case the Turks vote "NO".

Just an update :

BREAKING Turkish Deputy PM Kurtulmuş: Turkey bans Dutch ambassador fm entering Turkey, diplomatic flights, high-level govt meetings. Twitter Link— CNN Türk ENG (@CNNTURK_ENG) March 13, 2017

Second link by RT: Turkey bans Dutch ambassador, suspends diplomatic flights and high-level govt meetings - Deputy PM

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76

It is obvious that Erdogan is attempting to create an international incident.

Yes, and that is because of the referendum. He is trying to say to the Turks, that the "big bad EU", who harbors "terrorists", are trying to fight him. In other words Erdogan needs a get away card in case the Turks vote "NO".

Just an update :

BREAKING Turkish Deputy PM Kurtulmuş: Turkey bans Dutch ambassador fm entering Turkey, diplomatic flights, high-level govt meetings. Twitter Link— CNN Türk ENG (@CNNTURK_ENG) March 13, 2017

Second link by RT: Turkey bans Dutch ambassador, suspends diplomatic flights and high-level govt meetings - Deputy PM

Peace

Do you really not know about the EU wide covert terrorist support ?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Honestly, I really don't see Turkey remaining in NATO much longer. Especially after incidents like this. Plus, Erdogan all but blamed the U.S. on the possibly faked coup. Nato allies don't act like that. I think Erdogan is un-hinged.

Without Turks , there is no NATO .

Erdogan is not hinged he is a pious muslim who wants muslims to unite .

The leader of the Coup resides in USA and supported and operated by CIA since 1960's.

Turks don't need Nato for their defence ; on the contrary Nato needs Turks to secure the southern eastern bloc of Nato .

Dutch wants Turk to provide security but they think that Turk is inferior to them because of religion and/or skin colour .

Turk ain't playing that game .

I am using the original Zildjian , are you sure you've not been had with the ones you are relying on ?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The leader of the Coup resides in USA and supported and operated by CIA since 1960's.

Turks don't need Nato for their defence ; on the contrary Nato needs Turks to secure the southern eastern bloc of Nato .

Dutch wants Turk to provide security but they think that Turk is inferior to them because of religion and/or skin colour .

I am using the original Zildjian , are you sure you've not been had with the ones you are relying on ?

I'm sure the U.S. has had involvement in staging coups in the past (Arab Spring), and perhaps there was some possible influence/connection. But the whole thing seemed shady. I don't claim to know the answers, because I don't. A lot of theories flying around on that one. One of them being a staged Coup by Erdogan himself.

However regarding this quote -

That's BS. Here in the U.S. the liberals say that nonsense all the time in order to push their own liberal agenda. When in fact the whole "racist" mantra going on in the U.S. and globally is nothing more than a boogeyman that does not exist en mass like the liberal media tries to teach us constantly.

People simply do not want a radical and violent ideology ultimately leading to Sharia Law within western culture. That needs to stay in the middle east, and it's NOT "racist" to have a strong stance on it.

Good luck in your campaign for the Turks.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I'm sure the U.S. has had involvement in staging coups in the past (Arab Spring), and perhaps there was some possible influence/connection. But the whole thing seemed shady. I don't claim to know the answers, because I don't. A lot of theories flying around on that one. One of them being a staged Coup by Edrogan himself.

However regarding this quote -

Yeah, that's BS. Here in the U.S. the liberals say that nonsense all the time in order to push their own liberal agenda. When in fact the whole "racist" mantra going on in the U.S. and globally is nothing more than a boogeyman that does not exist en mass like the liberal media tries to teach us constantly.

People simply do not want a radical and violent ideology ultimately leading to Sharia Law within western culture. That needs to stay in the middle east, and it's NOT "racist" to have a strong stance on it.

Good luck in your campaign for the Turks.

Thank you but I am not on campaign ; just being the devil's advocate as per the terms & conditions .

Coup was about the Jewish infight more than anything else and much to needs to be said about it but perhaps another thread is required for it.

As for the charges of racism being bogus in USA ; I can get that and add that I have muslim & jewish family members who are born & bred Americans ; they never were afraid of persecution so much as they do now.

Let me rephrase ; what you are witnessing is Xenophobia with religionism thrown in for a good measure .

Of course all this is just " business as usual " in the higher circle of powers that be .

Even Boris Johnsonn was forced to give up his birthright , US citizenship.

Rise of Europeam far right nationalism will be countered , one way or the other ; that is how the " game " is set to play out.

The main issue is that the European Values doesn't include muslims and it is clear to see .

Europe has just proven what they preach and what they practice are 2 different things and their claim for a universal model of Humanity is bogus .

edit on 13-3-2017 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just throwing this link to a post that might be a interesting read . At least it became that for me when I read

Turkey was manipulated into NATO to take advantage of it’s geographical location with the encouragement of Kurdish agitation/ors Yes, that's how long the Kurds have been proxies for NATO/UK and Russia. As was covered in Caroll Quigley’s book: Tragedy and Hope.
pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.ca...:+ blogspot/OUjWN+(Penny+for+your+thoughts)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Turkish authorities have sealed off the Dutch embassy and consulate, sources at Turkey’s foreign ministry have said, in the latest incident in a tit-for-tat row between the two countries over Turkish campaigning in Europe. Turkey also closed off the residences of the Dutch ambassador, charge d’affaires and consul general as tensions between the Nato partners escalated after the Dutch government barred Turkey’s foreign minister from flying to Rotterdam.

Yes that is exactly the same measure what the Dutch did to the innocent Turkish ministers who wandered around Netherlands and Germany in unprecedented rallies if that is their backyard of the Sultan...after all liberties the Western democracies gave to the Muslim minorities.

If, as a "response", Turkey hurls millions of Afghans and Syrians, and Africans, transporting them freely thru its territory into the European territory, EU should decide between giving them even more liberty and practically surrender, OR accepting the glove of challenge thrown by Turkey (and others) and do something to STOP the new Medieval conquest of Europe. It is not the Dutch elections, as Turkey put it, it is the thoughts and feelings of hundreds millions European citizens who do not want their countries turn into a new Caliphate.
edit on 13-3-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join