It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch embassy and consulate in Turkey sealed off as diplomatic row escalates

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Turkish authorities have sealed off the Dutch embassy and consulate, sources at Turkey’s foreign ministry have said, in the latest incident in a tit-for-tat row between the two countries over Turkish campaigning in Europe.

Turkey also closed off the residences of the Dutch ambassador, charge d’affaires and consul general as tensions between the Nato partners escalated after the Dutch government barred Turkey’s foreign minister from flying to Rotterdam.

Turkey’s families minister, Fatma Betul Sayan Kaya, was also blocked by Dutch police from entering the Turkish consulate in Rotterdam, NOS News reported.

Earlier, the Turkish president branded the Netherlands “Nazi remnants” and “fascists”.

Dutch embassy and consulate in Turkey sealed off as diplomatic row escalates

Weird situation going on between Turkey and the Netherlands. Turkey's foreign minister was barred from landing in Rotterdam, now we have Ergodan branding the Netherlands as Nazi's and fascists.

Reports that #Erdogan supporters from Germany traveling to #Rotterdam and to Turkish consulate in #Düsseldorf:

Once every few minutes the crowd is chanting:"Erdogan, Erdogan, stand straight" or "Allahu Akbar"

The protests begin outside the airport as well... Meanwhile, the Minister refuses to leave Holland

Another article. ABC though, ugh.

Turkey-Dutch relations take dip after Turkish visits banned

This looks to be possibly heating up. I never would have thought to see the Netherlands and Turkey squaring off like this. Strange times!
edit on 11-3-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Didn't take long for this title to hit twitter. That is how I seen your thread. Interesting happening.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

It bothers me a bit, that I cannot seem to find a statement on why the Dutch barred the Turkish ministers from entering in the first place.

Germany too, and Switzerland has shut down rally's and barred politicians from entering, but still no statement.

I think it is weird - normally my Google-Fu is at mindblowing levels. Well, not really, but still, it should be easily obtainable, yes?

How anyone seen such a statement?

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yeah i'm with the dutch on this one. I hate Erdogan and his stupid campaign in the EU. If you love Turkey so much why aren't you living there you freaking idiots. If Erdogan gets more power then the kurds are done for. Apparently nobody cares about them. Erdogan imprisoned 70.000 people and not a peep from the turkish people. Screw you hypocrites.

I'm still hoping that Germany blocks him too. The dutch made the right call.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Erdogan sends his minions to get all turks to vote for him to become the supreme ruler of Turkey. Erdogan is the real enemy of the free world and not Trump.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Ergodan is a hot mess. He seems to have a problem with everyone. I don't even know why they are a member of NATO to be honest.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I found this. abcnews.go.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
There eer WAS a live feed of the Turkish protests in Rotterdam, but it's on facebook, I don't know WHY only on Facebook.

RT Video (no longer live, my apologies)

Hearing rumors on twitter that this could become ugly, and that Turkey is urging Turks in the Netherlands and surrounding countries to go protest.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Added that article to the OP, even tho it's ABC. LOL, I can't stand ABC. But meh, I don't much care for the Guardian either so....

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Great info.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Comments are always informative if not down right funny sometimes in the live feeds.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Agree, lol. Live feeds of protests always make for nice popcorn munching on a Saturday afternoon.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Erdogan sends his minions to get all turks to vote for him to become the supreme ruler of Turkey. Erdogan is the real enemy of the free world and not Trump.

He is not one of the world's finest, true. I was looking for an official statement however.

The official reason seems to be that it would have been security issue.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Twitter always comes up with the funniest hashtags. #tulipcrisis is pretty good.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's a different live feed.

Rotterdam Turkish Protest Live Feed

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Yelling allahu akbar? Damn morons.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Turkey needs to be ousted from NATO Immediately.

They never should ahve been a part of NATO to begin with.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
There eer WAS a live feed of the Turkish protests in Rotterdam, but it's on facebook, I don't know WHY only on Facebook.

Hearing rumors on twitter that this could become ugly, and that Turkey is urging Turks in the Netherlands and surrounding countries to go protest.

Why would Turks in the Netherlands protest? Surely, their loyalty is to the Netherlands, not Turkey? Right?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon

originally posted by: Wookiep

Why would Turks in the Netherlands protest? Surely, their loyalty is to the Netherlands, not Turkey? Right?

Agreed. These are some strange times. I had to do a double-take when I first read about this.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I watched this RT vid earlier and thought things were ok ...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join